Last updated on May 26th, 2021
One of the popular tech brands Apple has made the world advanced with innovations. How wonderful it is to have a smartwatch like an apple watch SE, series 5, and series 6. But before buying the one, you must have to compare the 3 latest Apple watches: New Apple Watch SE vs Series 5 vs Series 6.
Series 6 might be a more advanced and futuristic watch for everyone who wants to live a healthy life. Let’s look at the features of the other two as well.
Highlights: New Apple Watch SE vs Series 5 vs 6
1. Apple Watch Series 5
The apple watch series 5 has been packed with lots of useful features.
- It comes with an always-on LTPO display.
- The S5 processor along with retina-on display makes this watch special and serves incredible utility.
- Series 5 has an impressive battery life of up to 18 hours.
- Further, this model of apple watch includes sensors like Optical Heart Sensor, Electrical heart sensor, and Next-gen GPS, Gyroscope and Accelerometer.
2. New Apple Watch SE
Ever imagined getting an apple smartwatch under budget? This apple watch SE is a budget series watch that can fulfil your dream of getting a watch with the latest-required features from Apple.
- It is available in two different case sizes one being 40 mm and the other is 44 mm with GPS only and GPS + Cellular Variants.
- Apple Watch SE doesn’t have an always-on display.
- It also doesn’t have an ECG & blood oxygen monitor.
3. Apple Watch Series 6
Apple has led the world in terms of tech and especially in the smartwatches industry. The new series 6 has all wanted features including sensors, trackers, GPS + cellular, and the list goes on.
- Like Apple Watch SE, it comes in two case sizes 40 mm and the other is 44 mm with GPS only and GPS + Cellular Variants.
- It has got advanced sensors including a blood oxygen sensor, always-on altimeter, barometer, ambient light, Gyro, and various others.
- Blood oxygen sensor brings a breakthrough in tracking health & wellness. It tracks oxygen levels in your blood. As you might/might not know that people with COVID-19 show low oxygen levels.
- The always-on altimeter gives clean real-time data of all your elevation activities, even when you reach even 1 foot over the ground level.
- Watch OS 7 provides automatic handwashing detection, sleep tracking, watch faces sharing, and a wide range of exercises to help manage your health the better way. (Watch OS 7 also compatible with New Watch SE)
- The new family set up for other family members also who don’t have an iPhone through the connectivity.
- In that case, Apple Watch 6 is handy if you want to track the health of older adults in the family.
- With the series 6 watch, you get whole new S6 processors that provide a cutting-edge experience to its user.
Availability in India
Apple has launched all its new smartwatch series in India including New Apple Watch SE, series5, and series 6.
- Series 5 was released in September 2019.
- Both Apple Watch SE and Series 6 were released in September 2020.
All 3 watches released by Apple are available at leading e-commerce websites. The hierarchy of these watches in terms of features are as follows:- Series 6, Series 5 and Series SE.
Detailed info about the variants and prices of APPLE WATCHES are listed below.
New Apple Watch SE vs Series 5 vs 6: Model & Their Prices
Check out all the style names and variants of the Apple watch series 5. GPS only variants come in a gold aluminium case with the pink sport band while the GPS + Cellular models are available in white & space grey aluminium case with a black sport band.
- GPS + Cellular 40 mm price is 49,900,
- and GPS + Cellular 44 mm is 52,900,
- GPS Only 40 mm is 40,900,
- and GPS Only 44 mm is 43,900.
You can find all the colour, variants, and styles of the Apple Watch 5 on Amazon.
Check out the APPLE WATCH 5 (GPS+CELLULAR):
Check out the APPLE WATCH 5 (GPS only):
New Apple Watch SE
This apple watch SE has colour options of silver, gold, and space grey. All are in Aluminium Case with black sport band and silver aluminium case with white sport band.
The Aluminium Case with Black Sport Band only has a GPS option and the second one has GPS + cellular both.
- The price of an Aluminium Case with a Black Sport Band in GPS 40 mm is 29900,
- and 44 mm in GPS would be 32900,
- The Silver Aluminium Case with White Sport Band GPS + Cellular 40 mm price is 33,900,
- and 44 mm in GPS + Cellular is 36,900.
You can find all the colour, variants, and styles of the New Apple Watch SE on Amazon.
Check out the New APPLE WATCH SE (GPS+CELLULAR):
Check out the New APPLE WATCH SE (GPS Only):
Apple Watch Series 6
The new series 6 is accessible in many colour options to choose from listed below:
- Aluminium Case with Product (RED) – Sport Band
- Space Grey Aluminium Case with Black Sport Band
- Blue Aluminium Case with Deep Navy Sport Band
Check out the price of The New Apple Watch Series 6 in India:
- The price range of Aluminium Case with Product(RED) – Sport Band GPS 40 mm is 40,900 and GPS 44 mm is 43,900,
- The GPS + Cellular 40 mm price would be 49,900 and 44 mm GPS+ cellular is 52,900.
- A new series 6 Space Grey Aluminium Case with Black Sport Band GPS 40 mm price is 40,900
- and 44 mm is 43,900. The GPS+ cellular 40 mm price is 49,900 and 44 mm is 52,900.
- The latest apple watch series 6 Blue Aluminium Case with Deep Navy Sport Band GPS 40 mm price is 40,900 and 44 mm is 43,900. The GPS+ cellular 40 mm prices are 49,900 and the 44 mm is 52,900.
All of its variants are available on Amazon.
Check out the APPLE WATCH SERIES 6 (GPS+CELLULAR):
Check out the APPLE WATCH SERIES 6 (GPS ONLY):
So What is This About GPS vs. Cellular Models?
The cellular version of the Apple Watch has an e-sim in it which is pre-installed by Apple. It lets you sync with the actual sim on your phone.
The major advantage of this feature is that it eliminates the need for being in close vicinity of your phone whereas the GPS model requires proximity to get alerts and notifications.
Suppose you are charging your phone and have to run a short errand in another room or outside your home. With the cellular version, you can easily do this while staying connected to your phone all the time even if you are far away from it.
But in the GPS model, you miss this functionality.
Display & Battery life
Display: New Apple Watch SE vs Series 5 vs 6
- The Apple Smartwatch SE has a retina LTPO display with a wake feature only being the budget model.
- On the other hand, the latest series 6 comes with an always-on retina feature that is quite similar to series 5.
- But the main difference between series 5 and series 6 is 2.5 times brighter.
- The series 6 watch is quite brighter in standby mode also.
Battery life: New Apple Watch SE vs Series 5 vs 6
- Each model of the Apple Watch comes with an all-day battery life of around 18 hours.
- However, series 6 comes with faster charging options and with it you can charge it from 0% to 100% in only half an hour.
- It might be a great option for indoor and outdoor workouts as compared to series 5.
- As you know, the battery life of every model is virtually the same. So it’s not worth judging Apple watch SE and series 5 based on the fastest charging only.
- The series 6 provides a few improvements over the Apple watch 5.
- Apple watch series 5 and SE are similar and both of the watches support 802.11 B/G/N on a 2.4 gigahertz processor.
- As compared to both models the series 6 support 802.11 on 5 GHH gig band and 2.4 GHz gig band also.
- All three models are supporting Bluetooth 5.0. It means that all models of Apple Smartwatch are installed with the latest connectivity features.
- The connectivity and quality of the connection is a breeze.
Apple is known for its superb performance as compared to other available brands on the market today. With specially designed OS – Watch OS and equally complementing hardware, the whole user experience feels fluid, fast and refreshing.
This type of software integration and hardware gives Apple watches a significant edge over its rivals. But let’s have a comparison between Apple watches themselves namely Apple watch SE, series 5, and series 6.
- The series 5 and Apple watch SE is on the same performance band. Both of these models are packed with the same S5 sip dual-core 64-bit processor that is faster than the old model S3.
- But the series 6 has a 20% faster processor than S5 and the SE.
- Series 6 is packed with an Ultra-wideband chip that could be used to transfer the data between the phone and watch flawlessly.
- The Series 6 features Watch OS 7 (performance never like before).
- To feel the actual difference between all three models, you can yourself try to get public opinion.
- During our survey for testing for all these models, series 6 provide cutting-edge performance as compared to series 5 and SE.
Sensors & trackers: New Apple Watch SE vs Series 5 vs 6
The advanced sensors and trackers of Apple watches can make your life much easier.
The Apple watch SE being the most affordable homes with the least amount of features but still is a very good option if you want basic functionality and health monitoring.
The Apple watch series 6 has more sensors and trackers as compared to series 5. The always-on display sensor is 2.5 times Brighter than series 5.
The Apple watch series 6 comes with:
- Always-on altimeter,
- The blood oxygen sensor,
- Optical heart sensor
- Gyroscope (useful for fall detection)
- Ambient light sensor
Compared to this, the Apple watches series 5 also gets these features as series 6 but they are much more refined and comes with more functionality in series 6.
On basis of trackers and sensors, the Apple watch series 6 got the lead. Series 6 has more features, sensors, trackers as compared to both models.
So people who already have an Apple watch and want to change it must go with series 6.
Compatibility: New Apple Watch SE vs Series 5 vs 6
Apple Watch Series 5
Planning to buy an Apple Watch Series 5? You must have an iPhone 6s or later running iOS 13 or later.
Apple Watch SE
The Apple Watch SE is also only compatible with iPhones and you either need the iPhone 6s or up. Your device must be running an iOS 14 too.
The Apple Watch SE doesn’t support older iPhones, say, the iPhone 5s or iPhone 5.
Apple Watch Series 6
An iPhone 6s or later with iOS 14 or later is required for a Series 6 Apple Watch.
Processor & Memory
Processor: Apple Watch SE vs Series 5 vs 6
- The Apple watch SE and Series 5 have a 64bit dual-core processor.
- Series 6 uses the dual-core processor that is based on the A13 Bionic that is up to 20% faster than previously made processes.
Memory: Apple Watch SE vs Series 5 vs 6
- Since the launch of series 5, 32 GB is the standard storage in all apple watches variants.
- Please note that Apple doesn’t offer any external storage and out of this 32 GB. You will be able to use only 26 GB as the rest is reserved for watchOS.
Other Unique Features and Apps
Miscellaneous details: Apple Watch SE vs Series 5 vs 6
Apart from all the health-related features of series 6, it also offers bundles of other features such as:
- 50 meters of water resistance.
- Hey Siri, can double up as a remote for your iPhone to play music or clicking pictures or if you ever lost your phone in close vicinity it can also activate sound alarms so you can easily locate it.
- On top of all these, its app store has tailored design apps for watch OS which makes Apple watches such a powerful tool whether in terms of health or productivity or just fun.
Health applications: Apple Watch SE vs Series 5 vs 6
- Apple series 6 comes with improved features such as blood oxygen level monitoring. It is quite useful for patients who are suffering from heart conditions and breathing problems. More than that, it comes with metric monitor features.
- The Apple watch SE doesn’t provide blood Oxygen and ECG monitoring but it has information about recording the pulse rate and basic movements.
- The series 5 don’t have Great features as compared to series 6. But the involvement of a few sensors has made an apple watch series 5 different.
- Both the watches come packed with noise level detection, fall detection, International emergency calling, and SOS.
APPS: New Apple Watch SE vs Series 5 vs 6
- With a whole array of modern sensors, features and a nicely built watch OS, there are tons of apps that you can use on an Apple watch.
- You can find an app for nearly every function you can think of be it running, sleeping, swimming, commuting, music etc.
- Apple products command a major share of the market partly because of their well-developed ecosystem of apps for each of their devices.
As standard, every Apple watch comes with a warranty of 1 year. You can extend this warranty to 2-year limited warranty or accidental protection from the day you buy this service but to avail of this service, you have to pay a rather hefty sum of money to Apple.
There are multiple options available and we advise you to consult your seller first before thinking about extending the 1-year warranty that comes with your device already.
You might be interested in:
- Buy the Best Budget Smartwatch in India
- Top Fitness Watches for Men in India
- Best Smartwatches in India
- Budget Smartwatches under 2000
- Buy the Best Fitness Bands in India
- Best Stationary Bikes to Buy in India
- Coway Air Mega 150 Review in India
Final Decision: Which Apple Watch You Should Buy & Why?
How these smartwatches are compared to each other? Which one do you want to buy over series 6, series 5, and apple watch SE? What about series 5 that launched the last year?
It is not very complicated now to make a difference which one you should prefer: Apple watch se vs series 5 vs series 6.
If you want to buy an Apple watch and don’t want to spend loads of money, the apple watch SE is the best budget to purchase for. The watch is combined with powerful Software and Hardware at a valuable price. It is compatible with the latest featured watch OS 7 that packs powerful performance and some great sensors such as sleep tracking, watch faces & face sharing, mobility metrics, a new fitness app; Apple Fitness Plus, hand washing (to ensure you’re washing for 20 seconds).
Check out the NEW APPLE WATCH SE:
If you are very conscious about health and want to opt for the best health features such as monitoring and more, series 6 is for you. The series 6 watch is featured with an always-on display, ECG, blood oxygen sensors. And it has other features of fast charging. As compared to others has it has colour variants and more features to choose from that matches you.
Check out the APPLE WATCH SERIES 6:
The series 5 provide the benefit of always-on display and ECG functions over other models. These two features affect the battery life this is why you can choose with the Apple watch SE.
Check out the APPLE WATCH SERIES 5:
Are you looking for the best oximeter in India in this pandemic to keep a check on your blood oxygen levels? The oximeter that is also trusted by doctors? Read here my personal experience & review about Dr Trust Oximeter: