Last updated on June 18th, 2022
Wondering which air purifier you should buy for your home? The air purifier that fits your budget and has some reputation in the market as well? Then, check out the Coway Air Mega 150 Review.
It’s not only India’s but also the world’s most rated air purifier that comes from a very popular Korean brand Coway.
Key Highlights: Coway Air Mega 150 (AP-1019C)
Note: If Coway Air Mega is out of stock, you should check a more powerful model from the brand, Coway AirMega 200 (AP-1018F). For comparison of both air purifiers, you can head over to the section, “Comparison with Other Popular Air Purifiers” later in the article. And, there are also other similar price range air purifiers reviewed and compared with Coway Air Mega 150 if you don’t want to spend an extra Rs. 7k on model 200.
Check the price of Coway AirMega 200 (AP-1018F) here:
- Coway Air Mega 150 boasts a sleek minimalist design making it suitable for every nook and corner. During our survey, we found it smaller than our expectations.
- It also has got the thickest Green Anti-Virus HEPA filter (25 mm) with the longest life span of around 8500 hours.
- Because of its cartridge-type design, you can detach the whole filter tray with only a touch of a button and can carry it to a cleaning area. It means that you don’t have to worry about getting dust on your body and clothes.
- You also don’t have to separate filters as they are designed in such a way that you can vacuum them together without any hassle.
About the Brand Coway
Coway is a Korean brand that has come a long distance from its inception to the present where it gives its rivals teeth to teeth competition in terms of quality. And it is winning over them with its exceptionally well service.
Coway has also won several awards for its own newly developed technology. Today, the company boasts the World’s largest R&D centre in the range of air care products.
Technologies Used in Coway Air Mega 150
Despite its affordable range, Coway comes equipped with the latest technologies like:
- Optimized airflow design which ensures better reach and maximum airflow.
- Its green anti-virus true HEPA filter is made up of Gingko and Sumac plants which have a unique property to a damage protein present on the virus surface making it harmless to us.
- In its auto mode, it monitors the air quality. And when it senses any dip, it automatically switches between its different modes.
- It also has a child lock and a filter replacement and cleaning indicator too.
- In its night mode, it turns off all its lights so that you can enjoy full darkness for good night sleep.
Filters and Pollutants Removed
Coway with its 3 different filters and unique design ensures you inhale pure air again. It has got 3 different filters:
- Pre-Filter for PM10 particles,
- Activated carbon filter for deodorizing the air and remove VOCs and cigarette smoke and,
- A unique Anti-Virus Green HEPA filter made up of Gingko (Japanese leaves) and Sumac (Japanese tree). It is the thickest HEPA filter that traps 99.97% of PM 2.5 particles, bacteria, pollens, and 99.9 % allergens, and Viruses.
Coway Air Mega 150 CADR
It is an important figure that all prospective buyers should keep in mind. CADR refers to Clean Air Delivery Rate.
And in simple words, it means how fast an air purifier can clean all the pollutants and other unwanted particles and give you a room with clean air.
The higher the Clean Air Delivery Rate, the higher the clean rate of the product!
Coway Airmega 150 has a CADR of 303 cubic m/hr. Meaning it is very efficient in cleaning the air in practically no time.
Note: To know more about CADR & other air purifier-related terms, read this article:
The range of Coway Airmega 150 is 355 sq. ft./ 33 sq. meters. Meaning it is apt for small offices or medium-sized rooms and will maintain the clean air in it with no hassle.
It will not be able to cope up with a large space such as a big office or for a whole house and can lead to less efficiency. So we recommend it to use it according to its coverage area limit and it will perform perfectly.
Quality & Pollution Indicators
Coway Airmega 150 comes fitted with pollution indicators which give you a real-time update of your room air quality.
Indicators are blue, green, yellow and red in decreasing order of air quality. It also has indicators for filter cleaning and replacement so you never have to breathe impure air.
There are 3 different modes on Coway – Normal, Turbo and Eco.
- Normal mode as the name suggests is for normal conditions.
- Turbo mode is for those situations where air quality dips to severe levels or you want space to clean asap.
- Eco mode is the best mode if you live in suburbs; it will keep your surroundings clean and prolong the filters life.
Power Consumption & Noise Level
An air purifier is an electronic device so it is obvious to worry about the power consumption and the noise of the motor. No one wants a hefty power bill or whirring sound of motor disturbing the peace of your home.
Thankfully, it has got an energy-efficient yet silent motor. It needs a supply of 230V 50 Hz and power consumption is 38 Watts. Its noise level is also low with a range of 22-49 dB.
Only in turbo mode, you will hear the motor sound noticeably but then again, you will not run it on turbo mode always as it is for emergency purposes only.
Sensors & Other Features
In today’s world, technology means nothing if it doesn’t offer convenience especially when it comes to home appliances. Coway Airmega 150 is a device whose handling comes with minimum hassle.
It actively monitors the air quality and switches between modes to give you fresh clean air as well as prolonging the life of filters without even disturbing you.
The only manual work you have to is to change the filters and its tray can be opened with a single button touch.
So no more fiddling or figuring out how to open the filter panel and getting your hands or clothes dirty!
Just press the button, take the old filter out and install a new one. Easy as it gets.
Cleaning & Maintenance
Coway Air Mega 150 is equipped with a unique design and batch separation system where you can easily and safely clean the filters. The contactless cleaning extends the life of filters.
- You can separately clean the pre-filter whenever you want without touching the HEPA & Carbon filter.
- For cleaning HEPA & Carbon filters, you just need to take the front panel out.
- There is a pull tag on the HEPA filter to facilitate contactless cleaning and protect it from viruses and other allergens
- By using this tag, you can vacuum clean the carbon filter without separating it from the HEPA filter.
Coway Air Mega 150 Price in India & Warranty
Coway Airmega 150 costs only around Rs. 13000/- for all its features and superior quality.
It also comes with a 1-year product warranty and a 5 years warranty on the motor which no other air purifier company offer.
It also offers an extra 2-year warranty on the motor if you register your device with Coway.
At this price point with all these amenities, we do believe that this air purifier is a solid deal and that’s why Coway is the no. 1 selling air purifier in India.
Coway Air Mega 150 Limitations
No product is 100% perfect and Coway is no exception. Make no mistake, it is an excellent product but every product has its limitations, one size can’t fit all.
- Average control panel.
- The small size of filter replacement LED
- Buttons are a bit slow.
- The power button and the quality indicator are not well placed and hidden in the device design.
- It is apt for small offices and bedrooms but when it comes to large spaces or gatherings, it loses its touch.
- Also, it is normally quiet while in operation but in turbo mode, it can make a high amount of sound.
Comparison with Other Popular Air Purifiers
While we are at it, let’s take a look at other air purifiers offering the same technologies and benefits and comparing them.
1. Coway Air Mega 150 vs Coway Air Mega 200
Coway Air Mega 150 is available at around Rs 13,000 while Air Mega 200 comes with around INR 20,000. Let’s know why Air Mega is around 7,000 costlier than Air Mega 200.
Comparing: Coway Air Mega 150 (AP-1019C) vs Coway AirMega 200 (AP-1018F):
- Air Mega 200 has a Fine Dust Filter. You have to purchase it separately. This filter can remove fine or ultra-fine dust particles. It is useful especially in summers when the presence of dust is too much in India. Fine Dust Filter also increases the life of the other two filters of your air cleaner.
- Both air purifiers have a minimalist design. Dimensions of Air Mega 150 (W x D x H): 13.4 x 6.5 x 18.5 inch and Coway Air Mega 200 (W x D x H): 14.8 x 7.2 x 25.2 inch.
- In a similar minimalist design, Air mega 200 has a coverage area of 361 sq ft while coway air mega 150 comes with 353 sq ft.
- CADR is almost the same in both air purifiers. Coway Air Mega 150 has 303 cubic m/hr while Coway Air Mega 200 has 309 cubic m/hr.
- There is a Child lock in Coway Air Mega 200.
- Weights are 7.5 kg and 6.7 kg respectively in models 200 and 150.
- There is also one noticeable difference is of the number of fan settings. Air Mega 150 has 3 while Air Mega 200 has 4.
- Warranty of Air Mega is 200 is 3 years on motor & 1 year on electrical parts, Warranty in Air Mega 150: 1-year product warranty & a 5 years warranty on the motor.
2. Coway Air Mega 150 vs Mi Air Purifier 3
- Mi Air Purifier 3 has got an OLED display that shows you all the relevant data and is designed like a cuboid. There is also a mobile app for it and can also work with Google Assistant and Alexa.
- Honestly, with its 1 filter, it does a decent job but when we compare it with Coway Air Mega 150, then it is a no match if we are considering clean air quality and efficiency of filters.
- It also offers a 1-year warranty only.
- And cleaning or replacing the filters is a hassle in Mi 3 because of its design.
- Mi purifier costs Rs. 9999/- but it is not as effective as Coway Air Mega 150.
3. Coway Air Mega 150 vs Philips AC1215/20 Air purifier
- Philips AC1215/20 is a good one with its 4 stage filtration and a good CADR. It also has a night mode and air quality indicator like Coway but it just lacks the superior quality of Coway.
- There have been reports of some faulty products which doesn’t show the correct stats/data or doesn’t do their job properly.
- But if we talk about Coway, there have been very few incidents like that.
- On top of that, Coway customer service is far better than Philips. They are more helpful, professional and readily available pan India.
- Philips Air purifier costs under 10,000.
4. Coway Air Mega 150 vs Honeywell Air Touch A5
- Honeywell Air Touch 5 air purifier is good if we are considering a light air purifier as its filter life is only 3000 hours and has a CADR of only 250m3/h. Whereas on Coway the filter life is approximately 8000 hours and it has a much higher Clean Air Delivery Rate.
- The filtration capacity in Honeywell is not made to endure the highly polluted cities of India.
- You will have to change or clean its filters every month or so to optimize its airflow. And it will be a headache removing those filters unlike in Coway where you can remove them with a single button touch.
- Honeywell air purifier costs Rs. around 8,000.
5. Coway Air Mega 150 vs Sharp Air Purifier
- The Sharp Air Purifier is a basic one with no fancy frills or anything like that but it does its job good.
- It has a coverage area of 200 sq. ft. and in this, it will clean the air in 15 minutes or so and you can breathe fresh and clean air.
- But Sharp is meant only for small spaces.
- When you think of Coway, imagine it to be a step up on this purifier with its higher CADR, more coverage area, more efficient HEPA filter, smart indicators and ease of usage.
- Coway Professional Air Purifier is considered to be the best selling one in the world. And this is because they do their job efficiently.
- And if there is a problem, then their service personnel do their job efficiently.
Frequently Asked Questions: Coway Air Mega 150
#1. How long do Coway filters last?
Usually, the life span of Coway filters including Coway Air Mega 150 is 6 months. Filter replacement alarm will tell you once it gets obsolete.
#2. What about Coway Air Mega 150 filter replacement?
You need to change the filters periodically to maintain your air quality. Coway Air Mega 150 comes with filter alarms to warn you of filter replacement. So, you don’t need to worry about it.
Once you get the alarm, you can buy the new Coway filters from here:
#3. Where are Coway air Purifiers Made?
#4. How do you clean a Coway filter?
It’s pretty easy to clean the Coway Air Mega 150 filter because of its cartridge design and batch system. Rest you can learn its cleaning process in the section “cleaning & maintenance” of this article.
Final Words on Coway Professional Air Purifier
Sure other companies will offer more tech-savvy options like mobile apps, touch displays etc.
But do remember that you are buying an air purifier?
For fresh and clean air with no hassles! And that’s where Coway Air Mega 150 Purifier shines!
Note: If Coway Air Mega is currently out of stock, check out another model Coway AirMega 200 (AP-1018F). It’s more robust & powerful. For comparison of both air purifiers, you can head over to the section, “Comparison with Other Popular Air Purifiers” above in the article. There are also other similar air purifiers reviewed and compared with Coway Air Mega 150.
Check the price of Coway AirMega 200 (AP-1018F) here:
Similar suggested reads,
- Kent RO Grand Plus Review & Its Competitors
- Apple Watch SE vs Series 5 Vs Series 6 (Compare Apple Watches)
- Best RO Water Purifiers in India for Home (Under 20,000/15,000/10,000)
- How to Boost Your Immunity by Changing Your Lifestyle
- 43 Productive Things to Do At Home to Conquer Boredom
- 100 Healthy Lifestyle Habits to Tone Your Body
- How to Sleep Fast at Night
More reviews on fitness gears:
- Best Elliptical Cross Trainer in India
- Top Multi Gym Machine for Home
- 10 Best Exercise Cycles in India to Lose Weight
- Best Treadmills in India for Home (From 70K to 25K)
Are you looking for the best oximeter in India in this pandemic to keep a check on your blood oxygen levels? The oximeter that is also trusted by doctors? Read here my personal experience & review about Dr Trust Oximeter: