Last updated on December 11th, 2020
“PRESS THE PAUSE BUTTON ON UNREMITTING BATTLE OF NEGATIVE THOUGHTS”- I have been advised this for innumerable times.
But, did I get success? Hell, No!
Did I stop trying? No!
Could I find a solution? Yes!
How? By changing my perspective!
Will you succeed? Let’s try it!!
Here are 13 ways you can stop your negative thoughts from draining your energy:
1. Change your perspective
When everything seems to be working against us, we are only able to see the dark side of the situation because of being in anxious mode.
Well, it’s quite natural! But always remember there are not only two sides to a situation. A situation has not always either black or white shade. It may have another side as well, it may be grey at times.
A dark situation you are going through might not be as fateful as it is seeming present. Nobody knows when it may turn in your favour. Not everything that looks unpleasant comes to destroy you.
Therefore, change your perspective towards your situations. It will inspire you to have positive self-talk and reach a solution fast. And the sooner you will start working on your solutions, the faster you will start coming out of your darkness!
2. Write your situation on paper
It helps a lot to replace negative thoughts. Write your situation on the paper rather than calculating the whole of it in your mind. Now, focus on what you can do about it instead of crying over your mess.
There must be a way around you are missing to find out this time. You just have to believe, it’s not the dead-end. There is a way around. Once you believe it, you find it easy to work on finding ways.
Remember, worrying doesn’t help. Just figure out: What can be taken out of it for your benefit? How can you turn it for your good? There must be something which you can work on.
3. Analyze your situation to analyze your negative thoughts
Remind yourself: It is not the first time when you are encountering such a terrific situation. Try to remember your experiences about how you came out of a particular situation in the past.
Say it to yourself: I am going to find a solution this time as well. I am going to come out of this very soon. Analyze its future outcomes and focus on mitigating the negative effects of the current situation on your future.
Just calm yourself down because you are born with a fighting spirit!
4. Talk to a friend
You can take help from a counsellor or a friend. It works for me almost all the time. Look, you already have the answers to your questions. It’s is only you who knows the solution. But, because you are anxious, you are not realizing it.
Therefore, you need a person who can listen to you. This way, you can throw all of your anger out and give a chance to your mind to get relaxed.
You will notice when you have done with your anger, solutions are automatically coming out of yourself. I often find the solutions in the middle of the conversation.
Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results. ~ Willie Nelson
5. Take spiritual help
If the situation is serious like you have lost a loved one, most of the time nothing is going to relax you but spiritual help.
Reading Bhagavad Gita works for me. But there are many other videos and audiobooks available online. All religions assure you to believe in goodness and justice of the universe.
So, listening to a Christian sermon on YouTube or tune in to an audiobook of Bhagavad Gita is certainly going to help you.
6. Practice mindfulness to conquer negative thoughts
It works for many people. But if you are not a regular practitioner, yoga or meditation may not help you instantly. Therefore I suggest you practice meditation daily at least for 10 mins if you are going through a hard phase of your life.
Practising mindfulness will not reduce your problems but it will do more than that. The daily practice of it is going to give you the energy and skills to fight with your problems and find out their solutions.
You can keep fighting your battles and still can keep calm.
7. Eliminate negative thoughts with Yoga
Try some yoga poses to attract positive energy. You may be surprised but yoga poses work wonders in anxiety and depression.
There are some yoga poses like UTTANASANA that are so magical in curving your mental stress that if you remain in those particular poses for 10 minutes, you will see instant results.
If you still do not believe the power of Yoga, you must read this article :
Modern science has also proved the contribution of yoga in improving mental health what traditional science has known for ages.
8. Turn your jealousy into action to fight negative thoughts
This article may help you in this regard:
Sometimes negative thoughts hit your mind because of your jealousy or your failures. It is quite natural to get disheartened at times. But you have to be strong because you can not afford to lose your battles.
Whenever you feel that everyone in life has settled down except you, there is only and only one solution for it, work with double force even if you don’t see results.
After a certain time, you will get surprised to see that your hard work has paid off.
9. Let go of the pressure: If you feel trapped under any societal pressure, don’t. Just don’t. It is your life. No one can take charge of it.
10. See the big picture: As I said above, you should see the bigger picture. Time is powerful. If it’s against you today, it’s going to turn in your favour tomorrow.
11. Have faith in the goodness of nature: Trust the goodness of the universe even if no one cares about your pain. The universe is not blind to your sorrows. It may take longer than you think but there is always justice. It is karma. Believe in karma yoga. You will see a change in yourself.
12. Watch funny videos: Sometimes, a good comedy video and your favourite movie can do wonders. So try it as well.
13. Chant life mantras to remove negative thoughts: These mantras can change your life. There is no harm in trying.
You may also enjoy reading,
- Learn to ignore – a key to happiness
- ‘No’ – a letter to myself
- Give time to yourself
- 15 Quotes to lift your mood instantly
- 40 positive things to say to yourself daily
- Healthy habits to improve your mental health
- Self-acceptance: 11 Ways To Accept Your Reality The Way It Is
If you liked the article, share it with someone you care and help them stay mentally healthy and in a positive mood! Also, join me on Quora for more tips such posts!