Last updated on April 13th, 2023
Looking for which is the best massage chair in India that would help you relax your body and mind at home after a long tiring day? We have listed the 6 best massage chairs along with their reviews and a complete buying guide that is based on experts’ opinions.
A quick summary of the article is:
- Expert’s buying guide on how to choose the best massage chair in India
- Which is the best massage chair to buy in 2023 for home & office
- Best massage chair brands and massage chair prices in India 2023
- Comparison and massage chair reviews in simple language
- Helpful FAQs when you’re going to buy a new massage chair
What is a Massage Chair?
A massage chair is a specially designed chair that stimulates the feeling of being massaged via several vibrators, rollers, airbags etc. It has a long list of features and settings for everyone’s needs.
It is the ultimate relaxation machine for those who wish for bodily pleasure and muscle relaxation. Massage chairs are hugely popular in Western countries and are now gaining popularity in other parts of the world due to their uses and benefits.
Why Buy a Massage Chair?
Urbanisation and the growing scope of new fields have led us to live in a very challenging and stressful environment. And with the ongoing pandemic and work-from-home culture have further deteriorated, posing some serious challenges to our overall health.
Taking care of our bodies should be our primary goal. And, one of the best ways to relax and calm you is a massage. There are numerous massage parlours but the quality is not the same everywhere plus it is a public space so many find it difficult to relax and enjoy the massage.
That’s where massage chairs come into the picture. They provide you with full body massage within the comfort of your own space and there are no fixed time limits for it.
A Massage Chair: Not Just a Massage Tool
People often think; is it worth buying a massage chair? They should know that a massage chair is not only a massage tool for relaxation purposes.
Massage chairs are also used by people who are suffering from various medical ailments such as back and neck pain. There are several pressure points in our body that when massaged give several benefits.
The massage chair can feel costly at the time of purchase but in the long run, it is a much better substitute for massage parlours by giving you control of time, type and the luxury of privacy. They are also well-built and can last for a long time if properly taken care of.
Health Benefits of Using A Massage Chair
Massage chairs are not just only for relaxation but they have several other purposes (1) (2).
- When you sit in a massage chair, you can set up the pressure point to a local area and it will get massaged. This helps in the smooth movement of blood as well as oxygen.
- It also helps if you need a light massage or movement if you have an injury, it aids in healing.
- Science tells us that our whole body is interconnected and if we stimulate certain parts of our body, then it can lead to the better secretion of hormones, loosening of muscles, and better circulation among many other things. Thus, it also helps in medical recovery.
- Massage chairs can be used to ease up a tensed body, relax a spasm or just for relaxation and melt away your tiredness after a long day of work.
- Our body resists all the harmful elements which can damage our functionality and our mind copes with all the things which go on in our life.
- It is only natural that they both need some rest and rejuvenation from time to time and that’s why massage chairs become so important for our overall health.
- If you take massages regularly, then it helps your body to be more efficient, and in better shape and keeps your mind at ease while improving your overall health.
- With the advancement in technology, massage chairs are not just limited to just massaging you but also venturing out into other areas of relaxation like music therapy, inversion therapy, chromotherapy etc.
- 100 Healthy Lifestyle Habits
- 31 Health & Fitness Hacks
- 10 Fitness Myths & Their Facts
- 40 Fitness Tips for Women
Massage Chair Price List in India (Full Body Massage Chairs from Top Brands)
|Brand & Model||Price|
|JSB MZ08 3D Massage Chair||Check Price|
|LIFELONG LLM549||Check Price|
|LIXO – LI4455||Check Price|
|BODY FRIEND 4D MASSAGE CHAIR||Check Price|
|HCI A JAPANESE MASSAGING CHAIR||Check Price|
|ARG HEALTH CARE Z200||Check Price|
|ROBOTOUCH URBAN FULL BODY MASSAGE CHAIR||Check Price|
How Did We Prepare the “Best Massage Chair in India” List for You?
We researched and did both online and offline surveys to prepare this ‘best massage chair in India’ list. Our reviews are unbiased because We didn’t get any sponsorship from brands. Our team included only those products that pass our quality test of brand popularity, product quality, price, and customer ratings.
What is that quality test?
Before buying a massage chair several important factors are explained later in the section “buying guide” of this article. Our team considered all those factors.
And you will always get the latest information here because our list is constantly updated every month or whenever it’s required.
Reviews of 6 Best Massage Chairs in India (Comparison)
1. JSB MZ08 Full Body Zero Gravity Massage Chair
Enjoy full-body relaxation with a Luxury Massage chair in the form of JSB MZ08. This massage chair features a space-saving design and provides on-the-spot massages.
You can relieve your stiff body and get that much-needed pain alleviation from the comfort of your home or office.
About the Brand
JSB Healthcare is an Indian company based in Delhi. A well-known company that is known for making good quality massage chairs.
With over 35 years of experience and a well-established service network, they are among the top market leaders in the market.
- Available in 2 Colors: Coffee Brown and Orange Black
- 200 Watts Power Consumption
- 68” of Full Incline Length
- Installed Dimensions: 49.6”x 30.8”x 44”
- Power Source via an Electric Cord
- Remote Operated
- Budget Premium Segment
- Priced at Rs. around 1,80,000
- 3D Massage Technology
- 14 Massage rollers with single-touch buttons that go up to your buttocks.
- Lower back heat massage
- Easy recline that is good to provide Zero Gravity Massage.
- Adjustable shoulder and chest width
- 2 user-defined modes
- 5 auto programmed modes including Ache Relief, Comfort, Lower Body, Lower Body and Relax Mode
- Can provide full-body massages that include functions like tapping, kneading, shiatsu, air squeeze, knocking, rubbing and vibration 3D massage techniques.
- Hand and foot massager, sole rollers, extendable footrest, adjustable airbag pressure etc.
- Bluetooth Connectivity to play your calm and serene music
- Scope of adjustment catering to all sizes of people
- 1 year onsite Door to Door Warranty
- Extended AMC is also available
- 7-Day Product Return Satisfaction Window with JSB Trust Buy.
Some customers said that after-sales service lacks in providing satisfactory service. Further, there is no installation demo provided, only an instruction manual. We recommend checking the JSB service in your area so you don’t face the problem to install it correctly.
At this price point, this massage chair is a good package with a whole array of features and stylish looks.
Note: If you have a budget of over 2 lakh, you can check out a very popular massage chair from JSb; JSB MZ21 4D massage chair.
2. Lifelong LLM549 Full Body Massage Chair with Recliner
A magical relaxation massage is just a few steps away when you have a Lifelong LLM549 Massage chair at your home. This massage chair features adequate functionality that eases your stiff back, legs and neck muscles with its magical massaging on a budget.
About the Brand
Lifelong is a relatively new company that was established in 2018. It imports quality products and is committed to providing quality and innovation at the right price.
They have earned quite a name in the Indian market, offering a wide range of home appliances and massage chairs in their product lineup.
- Available in single Brown Color
- Installed Dimensions: 42.5”x 25.19”x 42.9”
- Priced at Rs. around 40,000
- Recliner Function (but not completely flat)
- Comes with a Bluetooth Speaker and a USB port to charge your phone
- Offers 3D Massages with techniques that include tapping, shiatsu, kneading, knocking, and air squeeze
- 6D Rollers
- From a brand that you can completely trust upon
- Aesthetic design with quality leather materials
- 1 Year Brand Warranty with 6 months extended warranty
- Plug and Play
- Digital panel
- It doesn’t have a foot massager.
- No remote control
- You can buy it for basic massages but not suitable for an overall body massage
This is an entry-level massage chair that offers good features but falls short on purpose when we take a look at more expensive ones.
However, as an entry-level chair, it does offer quite a lot and is a decent package. It can be said the best massage chair in India for the back and neck in budget.
3. Lixo – LI4455, Deluxe Zero Gravity Full Body Massage Chair
Want a luxury, stylish and quality massage chair? You gotta be looking at this massage chair from Lixo, the LI4555. A massage chair that comes with the highest warranty by industry standards.
This massage chair can be your perfect companion to assist you in providing a comfortable and relaxing massage with its cutting-edge L-track technology.
About the Brand
Lixo has been a top name in the massage chair industry since its inception 11 years ago. Their product lineup features very stylish and quality products.
- White Interiors with blue exteriors
- Product Dimensions: 51.18” x 26.77” x 44.09”
- Power Consumption: 100 Watts
- Priced at Rs. around 1,25,000.
- Offers 2 Types of Zero Gravity Inclines (Legs Inclined to 126 Degrees plus 7 Degrees with the whole body and a flat zero gravity posture)
- L- Track covering neck and shoulder up to waist and thighs
- S-Track for the whole body massage matching your body curve
- Graphene Thermostatic Hot Compress functions from the waist to the lower back
- User-defined programs
- 6 auto programs
- Massage techniques available from Hard Kneading, Soft Kneading, Shiatsu, Malaxation, Rollback, and Tapping
- Foot double section design
- 2 Year Onsite Warranty with 1-year doorstep and next 1-year free extended onsite warranty
- Fire Resistant Cloth and PU Leather Coating
- Manual customization Available
- Good Customer Reviews
Overall it is a great product with no big cons to write about.
We highly recommend this massage chair as it has everything to offer to its user that too at a value-for-money price.
4. Body friend 4D Full Body Massage Chair & Recliner
A Premium Leather Massage Chair that comes with 4d Roller Technology comes at a lower price compared to the competition. The Body Friend 4D massage chair offers the most modern features at the right price.
It can be a perfect pick if you are looking for the best massage chair in India with 4D technology.
About the Brand
Bodyfriend is a company with a presence all over the globe. Established in 2017, they are known for its quality, service and innovative massage products in India.
Bodyfriend Pvt Ltd. is headquartered in Delhi. They believe with their brand that compassion and healing should come together to improve the quality of life.
- Stylish Brown Massage Chair with Leatherite Material and chrome accents
- Korean Made
- Product dimensions: 59.05” X 49.21” X 31.49”
- Power Consumption of 160 Watts
- Priced at Rs. around 1,40,000
- 4D Technology to reach all areas of the body
- Extra-long S-Track of 57 inches
- Zero Gravity Massage Recliner
- Smart Remote to adjust the settings
- 2 user-defined modes
- Kneading, Rolling, Flapping, Shiatsu and Pummel Massage Functions
- Bluetooth speakers
- Automatic body scan to accommodate different users
- 3 Manual massage options for upper body
- 5 adjustable speed levels for overall body massage
- One-Year Onsite Warranty
- Rich in features & technology
- Easy Installation via video conferencing
- Easy-to-clean leatherette material
- Fully customizable massage modes with time settings
- Consumers reported that the massage is average on the shoulders and thigh muscles.
Decent massage Chair with modern features and 4D massage Technology at a reasonable price.
5. HCI is a Japanese Therapeutic Zero Gravity Massage Chair (the best massage chair in India for those who need professional-grade massage and have a big budget)
A premium Japanese massage chair that is brought to you by HCI. This is the only professional therapeutic massage chair in the world with dedicated and researched therapeutic programs from China, America, Thailand, Japan and India.
About the Brand
HCI is a company that focuses on innovation with one simple goal of making humans live better. They have over 11 years of experience and are located in Delhi, India. They offer a great range of products that promotes healthy well-being.
About the product
- Stainless Steel Build
- Available with Red and White, Black and Brown Color Leatherette Materials
- Power Source: AC and DC
- Chair Dimensions: 59.84” X 30” X 44”
- Price: Rs. around. 3,70,000
- U shape Design at the top for better head massages
- 4D Technology
- Zero Gravity Massage
- Longest SL track of 57.08”
- Massage Functions Including Shiatsu, squeezing, Rolling, Tapping, kneading, Hot Stone, Reflexology, and Sliding
- 34 Pair of Airbags
- 32 Auto Programs
- Bluetooth Function
- Quality-built massage chair
- User Weight certified Up to 150 Kg
- 1 Year Product Warranty
- Its price is very high but so are the features.
Unmatched Quality Massage Chair if you are willing to shell this much amount of money.
6. ARG HEALTH CARE Full body Automatic 3D massage Chair Z200
Sit in the lap of the ARG Massage Chair to experience a rolling massage on your body. This massage chair has a unique design that provides 3D massage to its user.
About the brand
ARG healthcare is an Indian company relatively new in the massage chair business. But thanks to its wide range of products and service network, it is continuously expanding in India.
- Chair Dimensions: 58.66” X 33.07” X 29.92”
- Available in Soft Brown PU Leather
- Power Corded Supply
- Chinese Made
- Priced at Rs. 1,29,000
- The Massage Bar is long at 53.93” and reaches from the Neck to Pelvis
- 34 airbags in total
- Zero Gravity Massage in which the body and legs reach 127 Degrees
- Back Heating
- Massage functions like kneading, knocking, tapping, shiatsu, heat thermal massage, roller massage, air compression etc.
- 3D technology
- Built-in remote control
- Bluetooth connectivity and speaker
- A warranty for 1 year
- Infrared Heating Technology
- It offers a lot but still, there are many which are better than this one.
Decent Massage Chair with adequate features
Other Good Massage Chairs in India
7. RoboTouch Urban Full Body Massage Chair
This is quite popular and comes with diverse massage modes including Shiatsu, kneading, flapping, knocking, and kneading. This is the Zero Gravity Massage chair with one button incline.
8. JSB MZ20 Electric Massage Chair & Sofa Recliner
Priced at just 30,000, this massage chair from JSB comes with 22 head massages. It is very good for home use. This is a sofa recliner that comes with 3 incline levels to destress your body and give it relief.
9. KosmoCare Zero Gravity Chair with Heating System
This is one of the best heating massage chairs in India. It offers a Zero-gravity position and has a unique foot massager. Its heat therapy helps your body’s pain recover fast. Overall, you won’t regret buying this.
Elements & Techniques Used in Massage Chairs
Mainly there are 3 different machinery which is used in massage chairs and that is how there are 3 types of massage chairs. Most of the massage chairs either come with only 1 piece of machinery or 2 or 3, depending on how high you get in the price range.
They are the most effective and can be called the best tools for a massage chair. These are shaped like rollers and manipulate the body tissue and muscle with varying pressure and rhythm.
They also provide therapeutic benefits for which the massage chairs are recommended to people with pains, aches or spasms. Rollers are used to give advanced massages like kneading and shiatsu.
Our body is not linear, it has a lot of curves so it becomes difficult for rollers to reach every place of our body effectively. A region like a neck area, or hands.
Our curved spine can be effectively massaged with a combination of airbags and rollers. They are very effective and the pressure can be localised for better results.
3. Vibration plates
They are the most basic as they contain several plates which vibrate at a high frequency and resonate with the vibration in our body.
The vibration plates don’t compress or decompress our body as rollers and airbags do but they create a strong vibration in all of our body or just a localised part.
They are used mostly for recreational purposes and do not offer any such therapeutic benefits.
Note: All the massage chairs contain all or any of these 3 elements in them.
Features & Types of Massage Chairs
There are broadly 5 types of features a massage chair is designed with. Remember, 2 or 3 or all of these features can be added to a massage chair.
1. Zero gravity massage chair
It’s said to be the best position in terms of giving therapeutic benefits. Zero gravity sets your body in the position where your legs are lifted over or above your heart. You feel weightless because your weight is shifted to your back.
This position is used to give a deep massage and helps increase the blood flow in your leg muscles. This technique originated by NASA to let the astronauts relax in a gravitational-free environment in the rocket.
It’s a good idea to look for a Zero-gravity position while buying the best massage chair in India.
2. Heated massage chair
The chair that has a built-in heat therapy system is called a heated massage chair. If you suffer from body pain, your muscles will recover faster with the heating system because of the increased blood flow in the body.
These chairs usually come with an adjustable reclining back to destress, a liftable front, and a footrest. They are automatic and known as a piece of luxury items.
Recliners offer nothing special and are very similar to zero-gravity massage chairs. But like the position of zero gravity chairs, they don’t support your body’s weight at the backrest. Therefore, you don’t feel a gravity-free feeling here.
4. Full-body massage chairs
As the name suggests, these offer massage therapy to your whole body. They are loaded with different massage-style programs and several technologies to cover your full body area.
A full-body massage chair is usually expensive.
5. Ottoman massage chairs
It is any regular massage chair that has a footstool to let your feet relax.
How to choose the Best Massage Chair in India (Buying guide)
Buying a massage chair can be a hectic decision, especially when they come in so many different varieties.
In this guide, we will look at some of the essential points that you must consider before buying a massage chair or else you may end up with a massage chair that is good but of no use to you.
Below we are pointing out several features and technologies which you must keep in mind while buying a massage chair. Let’s start:
1. Massage functions
Just like a regular masseuse, massage chairs also offer different types of massages for different needs of people, all rolled into one machinery.
There are several types of massage that are intended to produce some specific benefits like heat therapy function for a slight warm feeling on swollen body parts.
Other functions may also include kneading, reflexology, sound therapy, zero gravity, shiatsu, rolling, tapping, inversion therapy etc.
You have to look out for your needs and choose what functions you need and what function will be a waste.
Massage chairs are not cheap, they are very expensive and considered luxury machines, which is true. But they are also hugely capable of increasing your body’s overall health.
Entry-level massage chairs offer the minimum massage functions for an affordable price tag but if you want the full massage chair experience and its benefits then you have to add on some extra features on top of the basics.
3. Massage area
The primary area for massage is your back. But as you go upwards, you will find options where your legs, your neck, and your hands can also get massaged.
So you need to decide whether you want a back-only massager or a full-body massager.
For example, if someone keeps getting spasms in their feet then buying a massage chair with functionality for only the back doesn’t make sense. They have to buy the model with a foot massager too.
Massage chairs are generally huge and can be a problem to move as they are also heavy considering they will be used by old age people too.
Now with advancements in technology, the overall size of massage chairs has also reduced so they come in varying shapes and sizes.
You must check the dimensions of the chair before you buy it.
Massage chairs are also style icons and can be proudly flaunted. Plus, they are also the space where you will sit and relax.
So it becomes important to choose the right material, a colour scheme which matches your taste.
There are lots of options from leather to synthetic leather, variations in colour etc. to choose from.
Massage chairs also come with preloaded programs and with just a single tap you can sink into relaxation mode.
There are also options to customize your settings like intensity, and rhythm to match your requirements as well.
Be very careful to check for this function before ordering.
What’s better than lying down while your body is getting massaged?
Most massage chairs nowadays offer recline functions as standard. But still, there are variations in terms of angle.
Be sure to check out the recline angle for the one you choose.
8. Heated seat
Heat function can be a lifesaver in many situations and it also heals your body faster. Not all chairs come with this function but it is an important one.
So if you have the cash for it, our advice is that you should always go for the heated ones.
9. Machinery used
As we discussed above, there are 3 types of machinery or techniques used in massage chairs so be sure to check all the variants and focus on what type of massage you want and accordingly browse to find your perfect one.
In rollers too, there are many motions like 2D, 3D and 4D. These settings vary in rhythm, pressure intensity and depth of the rollers.
Helpful FAQs: Best Massage Chair in India
1. What is the best massage chair brand?
There is not only one brand that can be considered as the top one. But there are certain brands which can be considered as top ones and their products are always on top of the market.
Brands like Kyoto, JSB, and Lifelong are some of the brands which offer great products and services.
Another point to be noted is that the major focus among the buyers of massage chairs is on the feature list and after-sales service and not just on the brand name.
2. Why are massage chairs bad? Can a massage chair hurt you?
It is a very famous saying “Excessive use of anything can be fatal to you”. The same holds for the massage chairs also! Excessive use of massage chairs can lead to muscle damage, bruised tissues and inflammation.
If massage chairs are used appropriately within a set point of time, they are beneficial for you (source).
Also, some beginners may complain about pain and sore muscles when they first start to use these chairs and that Is normal because your body is getting used to the massage chairs’ vibrations and rhythm.
It will take some time but the body will adjust itself and then you can relax in it for a specific amount of time. For correct usage, you can contact your trainer or your doctor.
3. Can a massage chair cause a stroke?
Massage is a recreational therapeutic process and should not be used as a means to end your pain or as something to play with. If nature intended for our body to be continuously massaged or in constant vibration then it would have made us in that way.
Massage is a recreational thing that you should do for some time, just to relieve the pressure from joints and to soothe your muscles.
Yes, with excessive use of a massage chair or any kind of massage, there lies a risk of having a stroke or a blood clot but it is highly unlikely that you will get one if you respect the machine and your body.
4. Why am I sore after using a massage chair?
Beginners can feel a little sore after their initial usage of massage chairs and that is because your body is getting used to the manipulation of their muscle tissues and vibrations.
If you are a regular who is feeling sore after using a massage chair then this could be because of the wrong settings. You should try to tweak the settings a little bit.
5. Is it bad to use a massage chair every day?
No, it is not at all bad to use a massage chair every day but the amount of time you spend on the massage chair can decide whether it is bad or not for you.
You should always keep a check on the time you spend on massage chairs and consult your doctor or trainer for professional advice.
6. How much a good massage chair should cost in India?
What can be good for one can be not enough for the other. Massage chair prices depend on the number of features and technology they are offering.
Still, a good massage chair can start from 1.5 lakh rupees to 2.5 lahks with a decent set of functions. You should always consider your needs and the features offered before buying a new one.
7. Are massage chairs healthy?
If massage chairs are used in moderation and there is a decent amount of time between every usage then massage chairs can prove to be very beneficial and will keep you healthy.
If you feel any kind of discomfort, you should immediately consult a professional.
8. Why do you need to drink plenty of water after a massage?
It is very important to drink plenty of water after the massage as massage soothes and manipulates your muscle resulting in the release of various kinds of substances.
Water can act as a medium to flush out all the substances which can be harmful to you if left stagnating there. It helps the body to flush out all the collected substances from your body.
9. What happens if you don’t drink water after a massage?
If you don’t drink plenty of water after your massage, then you may start to feel a little uncomfortable or sluggish. This happens because, during a massage, your body becomes slightly dehydrated which in turn affects the circulation systems of the whole body.
To restore circulation, water is advised. You should drink plenty of water before and after your massage sessions.
10. Why should I not do it during a massage?
Massage’s main purpose is to help you relax. So, if you are eating or drinking constantly during the massage or consuming alcohol then you are putting too much pressure on the body while it is trying to relax and this contradiction can leave you vomiting or feeling uncomfortable.
You should be relaxed and lay in a still motion for the maximum benefit. You can go for a small portion of fruits, coconut water or herbal tea if you wish but no oil and fried items.
11. Do Massages get rid of toxins?
Yes, massages help our body in getting rid of toxins!
During a massage, constant physical manipulation helps our body to dissolve and get rid of toxins that are difficult to get rid of normally.
These toxins once mixed up in the bloodstream get filtered out by our kidneys and excreted out.
12. Should pregnant women use massage chairs?
According to Healthline, it is a common myth among people that pregnant women should not use massage chairs but this is wrong. Nature has provided the baby with the utmost protection that a human can offer.
It is safely surrounded by layers and layers of body tissue and mass which helps in protecting it.
One slight warning though, as we all know that during pregnancy a woman’s body becomes extra sensitive and you should enjoy a massage chair only in moderate settings, settings that are comfortable for the pregnant lady.
Conclusion: Best Massage Chair in India
As we discussed above, a massage chair isn’t just a massage tool but also provides several other health benefits. There are two types of massage chairs; home use and professional.
If you don’t have a big budget, you don’t need to go for a professional one. You can invest in a massage chair brand like Lifelong that offers basic level massage, is good for home use, and manufactures reasonably priced massage chairs.
I hope you have found out which is the best massage chair in India for your home use. If you’re still in doubt, ask your queries in the comment section. We are always there to help you 🙂
- Best Air Purifier in India (Reviews & Buying Guide)
- Gym Cycle for Home (Updated List to Reduce Belly Fat)
- [Reviews] Best Water Purifier for Home (+Buying Guide)
- Best Mattress for Back Pain (Ortho Mattress Reviews)
- Top 10 Best Mattress in India (Brand, Price, Guide, Reviews, FAQs)
- How to Make Your Bones Stronger (Changing Food & Lifestyle)
- Self-Care is Not Selfish: Ideas for Busy People
Leave a Reply