Last updated on October 28th, 2022
I am a health-conscious person and therefore try to keep my diet healthy. If you’re also like me, an air fryer or a convection microwave oven might be a great help. Which one to choose between the two, that’s another discussion the answer of which you will know later in the article. But if you’re looking for the best convection microwave oven in India in 2022, my and my team’s research on this topic may help you a lot.
Moreover, if you want a short answer and feel lazy reading this 8000+ words buying guide, happily skip it & select any one of these three best microwave ovens available to buy in India.
Our Top 3 Recommended (table summary)
|The brand & model||Price bracket||Key highlights|
|#1. LG 28 L Charcoal Convection Microwave Oven (reviewed no. 1 in the article)||under 20,000||comes with a unique charcoal heater which is believed to prepare food faster, tastier, and save electricity as well.|
|#2. Samsung 28 L Convection Microwave Oven (listed no. 2 )||under 15,000 (11k around)||10 years warranty on the ceramic cavity, slim fry, Tandoor & diet fry mode for oil-free recipes, eco mode to save electricity|
|#3. IFB 30 L Convection Microwave Oven 30BRC2 (ranked no. 3 on our list)||under 15,000 (13k-14k around)||rotisserie, overheating protection function, fermentation, large capacity|
Yes, because these are our top 3 recommended picks we’re very confident about them. Not random research! We collected their reviews while surveying 90+ convection microwave ovens after visiting real showrooms.
You can read their detailed review, price, and about their brands by jumping directly to the relevant section from the ‘table of content’ below.
What is Convection Microwave Oven?
(Microwave vs Convection)
A microwave relies solely on its heating tube and its rotating plate to heat or cook your food whereas a convection oven uses a fan to circulate the hot air all around the oven evenly.
A convection oven offers more even and thorough heating of your food items in less time. Convection Oven also comes with a lot of other cooking functions than their microwave counterpart.
Convection ovens are also more energy efficient when heating your food to a higher temperature than the microwave. Other additional features like grilling, baking, roasting, browning and crisping make convection ovens very useful despite being a little bit more expensive than microwaves.
Basically, microwaves are your entry-level models and a convection oven is a multitasker in the category of microwaves.
Is Convection Microwave Oven Bad for Health? (Look at these studies)
Because we’re a health and fitness website so we’ll talk about health first. Before buying the best convection microwave oven in India in 2022, you should first know about its effects on health.
There is a common misconception about microwave/convection microwave ovens that they may harm your health. There are two main reasons:
- the radiation and,
- and it kills the food nutrients.
If we look at the studies, we see that microwaves are a form of waves of electromagnetic energy, like the radiation from your cell phone. But it can only be harmful if you get too exposed to them. You should always be careful while using a microwave (head over to the faqs section later in the article).
Coming to the second point, any form of cooking destroys some nutrients from your food. You can see in this another study, that microwaves don’t reduce the more nutritious value of the food as other cooking methods.
And we’re considering health here, a good convection microwave offers numerous cooking methods that offer many low-calories, oil-free recipes, maybe not more than a Philips air fryer, but that’s another debate. You should again head over to the faqs section of this article for it.
Best Convection Microwave oven in India 2022 with price
|Brand & Model||Warranty on Magnetron (years)||Price Bracket|
Our Top 3 Recommended Convection Microwave Oven Reviews in Detail
1. LG 28 L Charcoal Convection Microwave Oven (MJ2886BWUM)
About the brand
LG is a brand that needs no introduction in the home appliances market. It is a market leader and is among India’s most trusted and used brands. Their products are of good quality and their service is easily accessible.
Talking about LG Microwave Convection Oven, LG is also quite popular as the best microwave oven brand in India along with Samsung, IFB, and Haier.
Design, Price, Warranty
LG 28 L Charcoal Convection Microwave Oven is a black colour freestanding convection microwave with flowery patterns that gives it a pleasant look.
The size of this convection microwave is 45 x 51 x 30 cm and its weight is 33.5 kg. The price of this LG convection microwave is Rs. 19,290 currently.
That also means it is the best convection microwave oven in India under 20000 to buy in 2022.
You get a 1-year warranty on the convection microwave and 4 years warranty on Magnetron, and 10 years on the charcoal heater.
Power: 900-1950 watts
- The key highlight of this convection is its Charcoal Lighting Heater. The LG is so confident about this feature that they are giving 10 years of warranty on it. They claim that it adds taste to the food and saves electricity. But how? The question is how it will save you electricity if it has the same power usage as other LG microwave ovens. The answer is the charcoal heater cooks food faster and thus it makes you use less electricity.
- The capacity of this LG convection microwave is 28L which we recommend is suitable for medium to large families (not extra-large).
- This is an oven in which you will find most of the functions you are looking for and then some more. You can bake, reheat, grill, defrost and cook in this machine with relative ease.
- You also get a 360-degree turning rotisserie, for oil-free healthy tasty recipes.
- In the Diet Fry Mode, the brand says your food is prepared in minimum oil. In our opinion, all the modern microwave ovens let you cook your snacks in less oil. Therefore, you don’t need to get impressed by this feature.
- The stainless steel cavity, like all other convection microwave ovens except Samsung, (the next convection oven on the list)
- Other special features are Roti Basket, Ghee making, and multi-cook Tawa for Indian cooking.
- Milk pasteurization settings for mil boiling while retaining nutrients. (useless for many like me)
- Over 270 auto-cook menus, recipe books and much more in inbox accessories. Overall a feature-loaded product!
- The charcoal lighting sure adds its touch to the preparation too.
- It is expensive but it also offers all the functionalities that an average household or even small business needs.
- The quality is good too and the whole apparatus works just fine to give you the intended results.
- Motorised rotisserie
- Rotary knob control
- It is a good device to have but if you’re looking for a simple convection microwave oven, you will get most of the frequently used functions that can also be found in more affordable options.
- No starter kit.
Note: Its price is high due to its charcoal heater. If you want the same functions except for the charcoal heater at more affordable prices, check out the best LG Microwave Convection Ovens under 15,000 Comparison:
LG 28 L Convection Microwave Oven (MC2846SL)
The difference is:
- Microwave type: countertop
- No floral patterns on the door
- Quartz heater
- Control touchpad instead of jogdial
- Price around 12,000-13000
LG 28 L Convection Microwave Oven (MC2886BRUM)
The difference is:
- In design
- No charcoal heater
- Price around 15000
2. Samsung 28 L Convection Microwave Oven
About the brand
Samsung is a giant and needs no introduction. Alongside their other exceptional products, Samsung also builds some good quality convection microwaves too.
When you buy a product from them, you can expect good customer service and support all across India.
Design, Price, Warranty
Samsung CE 1041DSB2 Convection microwave is a black colour microwave with some stylish red strips at prominent places and the type is freestanding.
The size of this microwave is 47 x 52 x 30 cm and its weight is 17.5 kg. The price of this Samsung convection microwave is currently Rs. 11000-12000.
We rank it no. 2 in the list of the ‘best convection microwave oven in India’ 2022 and no. 1 in our list of the ‘best convection microwave oven in India under 15000′.
You get a 1-year warranty on the microwave, 5 years warranty on Magnetron and a 10 years warranty on the cavity.
Power: 900-2900 Watts
- The capacity of this convection microwave is 28L, suitable for medium and large families. It can be used for baking, reheating, grilling, defrosting and cooking.
- The key highlight is the ceramic cavity which is proven to be more reliable, easy to clean and long-lasting compared to its counterparts. Currently, only Samsung is providing this and giving 10 years warranty on the cavity. It wins my trust and make me invest in this convection oven.
- Samsung has introduced two technologies in the microwave called Slim Fry & Tandoor Technology. There is nothing specific about the second one because LG and other convection microwaves also are giving Tandoor/roti settings.
- Coming the Slim fry technology, allows you to enjoy fried food without the adverse effects of deep fry. It is as similar to diet fry mode in the LG convection microwave reviewed above.
- The wattage is considerably high, it will consume more electricity and it can be a concern for some Indian consumers but there is an ‘eco mode’ which they call is very effective in saving power usage.
- Deodorisation is a very good feature that helps to keep your food fresh and in good taste. Wondering how? Because this setting removes bad smells by projecting the interior air outside.
- Unique turntable off function which you will not find anywhere. You can anytime on or off the turning table and cook your food easily.
- There is no ‘keep warm’ function like LG 28 L Convection Microwave has.
- Other special features are an auto cook menu, fermentation settings to make curd, a flexible timer option, Indian dishes settings pre-loaded, a child lock for safety, 6 power selector, and express cooking menus.
- Its wattage is 900-2900 Watts, so it is very effective in doing most of the things it is supposed to perform.
- The Auto cook menu is great and automatically adjusts settings to give you the meal you desire.
- The ceramic cavity.
- It misses out on the ‘Steam Clean’ function but there is no need for it because its ceramic cavity is super easy to clean and it comes with protection against scratches.
- No rotisserie, but it is rich in features and affordable too accordingly.
with other Samsung Convection Microwave Oven Models
Samsung 28 L Convection Microwave Oven Model 2
- The only difference is its design and that’s why its price has increased to 14,000 something.
Samsung 28 L Convection Microwave Oven With Moisture Sensor
- The key highlight here is this additional moisture sensor installed in it. Its function is to detect the humidity of air and then auto-adjust the cooking mode by changing power levels and time.
- This makes food even tastier by keeping the natural flavour of the food.
- This Samsung Convection Microwave Oven Price is thus increased in Rs. 15000 range.
3. IFB 30 L Convection Microwave Oven (30BRC2)
About the brand
IFB is an Indian brand and is known for producing world-class products with great reliability. The company has around 530 retail outlets all across India and boasts good customer service.
Their product range is also diverse but the prices are generally above the average range.
IFB is a reputed brand and its products are reliable but so are many other companies’ products too. We rate it on no. 3 in the list of best convection microwave brands in India.
Design, Price, Warranty
IFB 30BRC2 is a black colour counter-type convection microwave. The size of this convection microwave is 44 x 54 x 30 cm and its weight is 20.09 kg.
The price of this convection microwave is Rs. 13,400 this time. You get a 1-year warranty on the microwave and 3 years warranty on Magnetron and cavity.
After Samsung 28L Convection Microwave Oven, this is ranked no. 2 in our list of the ‘best convection microwave oven in India under 15000′.
Power: 800-2200 watt
- This IFB Microwave Convection Oven is a 30L capacity convection microwave, suitable for large families. The features provided can also be found in some more affordable options in our recommended Samsung 28 L Convection Microwave if you’re okay with the capacity of 28L instead of 30L.
- It can be used for reheating, grilling, auto defrosting and cooking as well.
- You can also use it for fermentation for dough or Dahi making, and rotisserie for making oil-free vegetable snacks.
- This IFB Convection comes with a company-provided starter kit and over 101 preloaded menus.
- Due to the ‘Overheating Protection’ feature, the microwave gets turned off automatically if the temperature reaches beyond the standard levels.
- Flexible timer option which is obvious due to different power levels.
- Other special but common features include child lock, auto steam clean, and express cooking menus.
- Keep Warm function
- It gives you the capacity of 30L making it a good choice to save money and not cut on the capacity.
- The black colour adds a premium feel to the whole design and is ergonomically very easy to operate.
- The membrane touch keypad also tends to get damaged or the lettering starts to fade away after some time of considerable usage.
- Unlike Samsung Convection above, this also has a ‘keep warm function’ like LG 28 L Convection Microwave.
IFB 30 L Convection Microwave Oven (30FRC2)
- If you want to spend around 1000 extra for this beautiful floral design with the same features as reviewed above in the 30BRC2 model, check out:
IFB 30 L Convection Microwave Oven (30SC4)
- The silver colour,
- Cooling feature and Keep Warm
- But I don’t recommend this, because there is no rotisserie in it and the price is almost the same.
Choose the Best Convection Microwave in India under 15000
4. Whirlpool Magicook Pro Convection microwave
About the brand
Whirlpool is an American manufacturer and a big one when it comes to home appliances. They have a long history of manufacturing world-class products over the decades in India.
Their service network and after-sales service are good and well-established all across India.
Design, Price, Warranty
It has a black colour design with a silver finish handle that makes this convection microwave look sleek and stylish. The size of this convection microwave is 47 x 48 x 28 cm and its weight is 14.1 kg.
The price of this Whirlpool Convection microwave is Rs. 10,699 this time. You get a 1-year warranty on the microwave and 5 years warranty on Magnetron.
After IFB 30L Convection Microwave Oven, this is ranked no. 3 in our list of the ‘best convection microwave oven in India under 15000′.
Power: 900-1950 watts
- An air fryer lets you cook healthy snacks faster and healthier way but it has a small cavity and doesn’t have the options that a convection oven has. Therefore, Whirlpool 24 L convection Microwave Oven is especially for those who need the functions of an air fryer and convection microwave in one machine.
- This Whirlpool Convection has a 24L capacity but its cavity is large which is appropriate even for large dishes. It is appropriate for bachelors and small families of 2-4 people.
- The key highlight is it excels at giving fully cooked yet moist food to you. You can grill, bake, defrost, reheat and cook easily in this convection microwave.
- It features multi-heat technology which allows you to simultaneously use 2 functions for the maximum effect on the food.
- This is equipped with some really nice features like instant one-touch menus, a double quartz heater which lets you cook food faster like an air fryer, tandoor heater.
- There is one feature that I really liked an in-built calorie meter which tells you the number of calories in your food. Overall it’s a great and affordable buy for those who are especially buying it for healthy & oil-free recipes.
- You also get combination cooking and over 130 auto-cook menus which is more than usual.
- It is a small convection microwave but it matches the performance of some big ones.
- Comes in lightweight and its one-touch panel makes it user-friendly for operations.
- For a small family, this whirlpool magic pro provides all the necessary functions at ease.
- Other companies like Samsung can offer some extra perks like the ceramic cavity which usually lasts longer at this price range but at this price point, you will not get any better options available.
5. Morphy Richards Convection Microwave
About the brand
Morphy Richards is a British brand that has partnered with Bajaj India to sell its products in India. It is not a new brand but one which has decades of experience in manufacturing world-class home appliances.
They manufacture good designs and value-for-money products.
In fact, if you shop offline, you will find a range of Bajaj convection microwaves. It’s undoubtedly one of the best convection microwave oven brands in India.
Design, Price, Warranty
The front glass is blacked out with a big chunky silver colour handle which looks sturdy. The size of this microwave is 28 x 48 x 41 cm and its weight is 14.5 kg.
This Morphy Richard Convection Microwave price is around Rs. 12,000. You get a 2-year warranty on this convection microwave.
Power: 900 watts
- The capacity of this oven is 25 L which is ideal for a family of 4-5 people.
- In terms of features, you have a whole plethora of features with this convection microwave, be it cooking, baking, grilling, defrosting or reheating.
- There are over 200 different auto-cook menus and 11 different power levels.
- It also supports auto reheat, ‘keep warm’, child lock and deodorizer functions too.
- With its 2-year warranty, this convection microwave sets itself apart from its competition which offers only a 1-year warranty only.
- The build quality and performance are up to the mark.
- The tactile buttons also feel good to use and are neatly placed for easy usage.
- Other than its cost, it doesn’t have any major drawbacks. The quality of the product is good but there are other companies which provide the same level of features and build quality at many affordable prices.
- Even at this price, you can also consider the Morphy Richards 30 MCGR deluxe model. Also, check out our 2 top picks which are premium and offer great value for money.
Check the 30 MCGR deluxe model from Morphy Richards:
6. Panasonic 27L Convection Microwave Oven (NN-CT645BFDG)
About the brand
Panasonic is a Japanese brand with a presence in India for decades now. Panasonic has been producing quality products and the Japanese are very particular about it.
Expect no less from this offering too from Panasonic.
Design, Price, Warranty
A countertop convection microwave has a size of 47 x 51 x 30 cm and its weight is 17.2 kg. The price of this Panasonic convection microwave is Rs. currently 11,490.
You also get a 1-year warranty on the microwave and a 5-year warranty on the Magnetron.
Power: 900-1400 watt
- It is a 27L capacity convection microwave, suitable for medium families.
- It can be used for reheating, defrosting and cooking purposes.
- It has over 101 auto-cook menus which automatically adjust settings for a variety of dishes.
- It also has a Magic grill which ensures uniform heating with maximum effect.
- There is an auto defrost and auto reheat feature. You can defrost and then reheat your food with the press of a button.
- Its cooking menu is quite rich including an Indian menu, 21 desserts & cakes, and a Japanese menu.
- It is a good choice for price-sensitive buyers without giving much on the features front.
- The design is nice and it feels to be a sturdy product.
- The presence of various kinds of auto-cook menus with its 2-way heating is a plus and it also helps in faster cooking thus saving money.
- Though a good and basic convection microwave, some important features are surely a miss like a higher capacity wattage and an auto-clean function.
7. Amazonbasics 30L Convection Microwave (GME523CF1)
About the brand
Amazonbasics products are manufactured by Amazon and generally, they are of good quality. You don’t have to worry about the service as Amazon provides good after-sales service for their products.
AmazonBasics products compete with the best in the market and are slowly gaining ground in the Indian market neck to neck.
Design, Price, Warranty
The combination of red and white patterns on a black body looks neat, helping to uplift your kitchen. At just 18 kg, this convection microwave is easy to carry.
The price of this convection microwave is Rs. 11,000 currently. You get a 1-year warranty on the microwave and 3 years warranty on Magnetron.
Power: 800 watts
- You can easily grill, bake, reheat, defrost or cook in this convection microwave with the touch of a single button.
- The capacity of this convection microwave is 30L and is ideal for a family of 3-5 family members. The best convection microwave oven in India in terms of large capacity and affordability at the same time.
- You get a Pre-heat function, auto defrost, over 60 auto cook menus, child lock, LED display panel and much more to give you a wholesome cooking experience.
- The size of the inner cavity is big and large utensils can also be fitted easily
- At just 800 watts, this convection microwave oven will work fine for your day-to-day needs.
- The sleek design, touch-sensitive buttons and rotary knob make its operations very easy to use.
- The timer gives you alerts when the dishes are cooked and you need to turn off that microwave convection.
- The quality is generally good and it does what it is built for.
- Amazonbasics is still a new company and it will take some time to prove its quality.
- You can have a convection microwave from established reputed brands; some of their models are also more affordable.
- Though it can handle large dishes as the capacity is 30 L but the wattage is only 800 watts.
- It also does not offer auto clean and rotisserie functions too.
8. Haier Convection Microwave
About the brand
Haier is a Chinese company with a long history of making world-class home appliances. It is a well-known and trusted name in the Indian market too for quite some time now, even being a Chinese product.
Haier products are generally of good quality and also offer good service.
Design, Price, Warranty
It is a simple yet classy-looking grey colour convection microwave. The size of this microwave is 50 x 51 x 30 cm and its weight is 18 kg.
The price of this convection microwave is Rs. 13,000 something. You get a 1-year warranty on the microwave and 3 years warranty on Magnetron and cavity.
Power: 900-2500 watts
- The capacity of this oven is 25 L which is ideal for bachelors and small families.
- You get a solid handle with a touch-sensitive keypad for managing the functions of this convection microwave.
- You can reheat, grill, bake, defrost, or cook easily in this convection microwave.
- If you love cooking, you’re going to love its 300 auto-cook menus which include an Indian bread basket as well for making Indian dinner or lunch Rotis, paranthas or tandoori roti.
- The memory function is nothing but the same feature that helps you make a specific dish with just a single touch while saving your time.
- Other common but essential features are deodorizer, steam clean, multi-stage cooking, auto defrost, and child lock to name just a few.
- It is a solid build convection microwave with good cavity space and loads of functions for every need a small family can have in cooking terms.
- The functioning is simple and the inbuilt memory functions help to easily access your favourite functions.
- The 2500 w power is quite good for completing all the tasks in minutes.
- The price is a bit high especially when you can get all the benefits of a convection microwave at fewer prices but with a better capacity. And 300 cook menus shouldn’t be a deciding factor to pay extra. In practice, you’re not going to use all of them.
- Also, its size is large as compared to others so it will acquire a considerable space for your kitchen counter too.
Best Convection Microwave Oven in India under 10000
9. Samsung 21 L Convection Microwave Oven
This convection microwave oven from Samsung is available to buy for under 10,000 in India. If you have read the review of the Samsung 28 L Convection Microwave Oven in our top 3 recommended list above, you have known that Samsung offers some unique features and warranties.
This oven has a 21 L capacity and also has many of the features same as found in other convection ovens from Samsung.
This is ranked no. 1 in our list of the ‘best convection microwave oven in India under 10000′.
I will differentiate between both Samsung microwave convictions here.
Unique Features & Pros
These are the features that are unique in it.
- Power: 800-2350W
- Kid’s Nutrition, you can bake veggies, snacks
- The ceramic cavity which is durable & antibacterial
- Triple Distribution System for uniform & even heating so your food gets prepared tasty.
- No eco mode for power saving and no rotisserie.
- The rest of the features are the same as those of the Samsung 28 L Convection Microwave oven above. (See “Our Top 3 Recommended Picks” above)
You will not get the following like the Samsung CE 1041DSB2 Convection microwave (28 L)
- Slim fry & Tandoor technology
- No cookbook
It’s a very good microwave for single people from Samsung if you can ignore the small & overhyped things which are often marketing gimmicks.
You get an amazing warranty and all essential features including defrost, grill, and auto cook menu.
You can definitely go for it!
10. Godrej 23 L Convection Microwave Oven (GME 523 CF1 RM)
About the brand
Godrej is an Indian company with decades of Indian market experience. It has sustained and grown all over this time, thanks to its good quality products and the flexibility of modern technologies.
Even today, Godrej is among the giants of the Indian home appliances market.
Design, Price, Warranty
It is a smart-looking convection microwave oven with shades of red on a black body and a neat design. . The size of this convection microwave is 44 x 54 x 34 cm and its weight is 14 kg.
The price of this convection microwave is around Rs. 9,000-10000. You get a 1-year warranty on the convection microwave and 3 years warranty on Magnetron and cavity.
Power: only 800 watts
- The capacity of this convection microwave is 23L which is ideal for bachelors and small families.
- It can perform the same functions as a big convection microwave such as grilling, baking, reheating, defrosting and cooking.
- There are lots of preloaded settings for Indian and international recipes, oil-free food, fermentation, preparation of paneer, ghee and even healthy snacks.
- It has got a steam clean function and child lock as well.
- The wattage is only 800 watts so it is quite energy-efficient too.
- The auto cook feature saves you from unnecessary hassles and it can pretty much do everything you expect it to do in this price range.
- The touch panel is neatly laid out and responds well. The quality and performance are pretty good for this price range.
- Because it is only 23L in capacity, you may find it hard to put large utensils or large amounts of food at once in this oven.
- Also, you may get larger capacity microwaves like Amazon Basics 30L Convection Microwave next on our list practically in the same price range.
11. Onida Convection microwave (MO23CJS11BN)
About the brand
Onida is an Indian company with decades of experience in the Indian market and also abroad.
It is well known for its expertise in the home appliances market and generally offers good quality products at affordable prices.
Design, Price, Warranty
The Onida MO23CJS11BN convection microwave is a free-standing oven in a black colour unit with white stickers on it, giving it an aesthetically pleasing look.
The size of this microwave is 41 x 48 x 29 cm and its weight is 7 kg.
The price of this convection microwave is Rs. under 10,000.
You get a 1-year warranty on the microwave and 3 years warranty on Magnetron and cavity.
Power: 800 watts-1200 W
- This convection microwave capacity is a 23L unit and you can perform all the operations of a convection microwave in it apt for bachelors and small families.
- It also offers over 230 auto-cook menus which are easily managed by a well-laid-out control panel. If you’re a foodie, you’re going to, love it. But
- With Express cooking mode you can start the oven without setting the power level or time.
- A jog dial for better control and calorie meter like Whirlpool Magicook Pro Convection Microwave for health-conscious people.
- There are multi-stage cooking up to 10 power levels that really help you prepare the dishes at the correct power without interrupting the cooking process. You can set the power levels when the cooking cycle starts.
- The common features are Deodorizer, defrost, and reheat. The company claims it works like an air fryer.
- It is very lightweight, affordable, and small in size so it will fit even in small spaces while fulfilling your every need for a convection microwave.
- No major con, if you want a simple machine that does the work without the fuss of any fancy features then this can be a good choice.
Best Convection Microwave Oven in India (Built-in)
12. Bosch 60 cm Built-In Microwave
About the brand
Bosch is a German brand which is synonymous with world-class products. They have an extensive range of products and decades of experience.
Their products are known to be built sturdy, long-lasting and synonymous with premium.
Design, Price, Warranty
This is a proper convection microwave in its true form which can accommodate even large dishes pretty easily.
It is a built-in type of convection microwave which will need installation by experts.
The size of this product is 59 x 59 x 54 cm and it comes with a standard 1-year warranty.
Power: 3400 watts
- A 71 L built-in convection microwave with over 7 different cooking functions, Hot air grilling, a Full-width grill, 3D hot air, pizza setting, and bottom and top level heating are its major highlights.
- It has a wide temperature range of 50 to 270 degrees Celsius.
- If you want a proper convection microwave which offers full functionality and the freedom to use it to cook anything you please then go ahead and buy this product.
- The quality is great and the functions are very easy to use.
- If you want a convection microwave just to try out some recipes occasionally then this one might not be for you and that too at such a heavy price.
- This is a full-fledged convection microwave best suited for those who use or want to use it regularly to its full capabilities.
- Also, it is 3400 watts so it will consume much more electricity.
13. Kaff KMW HN Built-in Microwave
About the brand
Kaff is an Indian company which boasts world-class products and good service to its customers.
It is based out of Gurgaon, Haryana and has a presence all over India.
It is one of the elite and premium brands in India when it comes to home appliances.
Design, Price, Warranty
The convection microwave comes in a matte black finish with a push button to open the oven door.
It looks sleek and stylish and definitely hands down a premium product.
The size of this microwave is 56 x 58 x 38 cm, and its weight is 18.5 kg.
The price of this Kaff convection microwave is Rs. around 33,000.
Power: 900-1450 watts
- Proper convection microwave with multiple modes like baking, cooking, grilling, reheating and defrosting that you can also combine for the best results.
- The capacity of this oven is 28L which is adequate for large families.
- Lots of preloaded settings for Indian and international recipes, oil-free food, fermentation, preparation of paneer, ghee and even healthy snacks now becomes easy for you.
- It has even got a steam clean function to easily clean your microwave every time you use it.
- The child lock makes it safer with kids as well.
- If you are looking for quality with all the major features and price is not much of an issue with you then you can go ahead and buy this convection microwave as it will cover all your cooking needs and will be a last long companion in your kitchen.
- Again, this convection microwave is of premium quality and that’s why the high price. If you are not brand savvy, you can have most of these features at a much lesser price and of great quality from other manufacturers as well.
A modern kitchen is incomplete without a convection microwave nowadays. Convection microwaves have become such an integral part of our cooking processes that you can find them in the majority of homes nowadays.
Are you looking to buy the best convection microwave in India for your kitchen as well?
Before narrowing down to an option, you must check out these below-mentioned key parameters to find the perfect option for your needs.
Convection microwaves consume a high amount of electricity but with the latest technologies and innovations, they have become more energy efficient and smart.
The principle is simple; more wattage means more electricity consumption. And regarding this, consider your needs, your family size, and your food serving size to determine your wattage needs.
A convection microwave of 800 watts can easily cater to a bachelor or a small family. If you have a big family and quantities of food are more, then you should go for the extra power to let the machine run efficiently, good enough to cater to your needs.
The convection microwave available today in the market comes in various sizes. The variation in sizes is because of the different brands, the features they offer, different cooking modes, litre capacity etc.
When you are in the market/online to buy the best convection microwave oven in India, keep in mind the size of the space you are going to place your microwave.
Convection microwaves require free air access for their best performance. So be sure to earmark a fairly open shelf or space to accommodate your new convection microwave.
The capacity of a microwave denotes the space you get when you open the door of the convection microwave. Higher capacity ones will let you put in more food easily and will perform the function more efficiently.
You can choose a higher litre capacity if you have a big family or vice-versa. It makes no point in getting a smaller capacity when your actual need is for a bigger one because the smaller ones will consume more electricity to do the same task.
For a small family, 15-20 litres is good enough and for families having 4-6 members, consider microwaves having a capacity ranging from 25 litres to 32 litres.
Convection microwaves generally weigh upwards of 15 kg and even medium size models can weigh up to 30-35 kg depending on the functions provided.
More functions and higher capacity mean adding more weight to your microwave.
Consider the weight of the product if you are to place the microwave on a glass shelf of your kitchen or a countertop where adding more weight can cause trouble.
Furthermore, the weight will further cause an issue if you are to move the microwave often for cleaning. It is advisable to determine your actual needs and buy accordingly.
5. Types of Microwave Ovens
There are basically 2 types of convection microwave present in the market today:
- Countertop/freestanding – They are not fixed and are mostly plug-and-use type ovens. They just require a socket and a flat surface to start working and are easily the most preferred ones. Countertop ovens can be fitted under the countertop in your cabinet spaces. They offer the most features and provide more accurate and uniform cooking and authentic taste.
- Built-in – These convection microwaves are basically wall-mounted and can be flushed with your cabinet style to have one seamless appearance. They are bigger than the countertop and usually hang over your counter. They need to be installed by experts, are expensive and great at providing full convection microwave benefits to the users. This is the convection microwave in its truest form. It is big enough even for large dishes.
6. Cooking options
Convection microwaves offer different cooking options that include a Rotisserie in which you can mount your meat or vegetables on a skewer and hang it in the microwave.
Other important cooking options which include fermentation, air fryer, and low or no oil cooking modes can also be great when you look for a new convection microwave.
The auto-cook menu is the most popular feature of any convection microwave. Some can cook over 100 recipes while others can cook over 270 recipes.
Some can cook Indian cuisine better while others can cook international ones in a better manner. Look for the model which has the settings you want pre-loaded into it so you just have to press a single button and you are good to go.
Nowadays, convection microwaves come packed with features which may be useful to some but may not be for you. Do you need a grilling function or is your sole purpose of getting a microwave only to heat or reheat your food?
A convection microwave’s basic function is to bake, reheat, grill, bake, defrost and cook, so you will get all these features already in-built when you buy one.
Some other features which can be also important include auto-clean function, child lock, and auto cook settings.
But then there may also be some features which you may not use at all such as a 360-degree rotating rotisserie or the fermentation feature.
It is advisable to go through all the features before buying the best convection microwave oven in India.
Some convection microwave manufacturers offer an out-of-the-box 2 or 3 years warranty while others may stick to the standard 1-year warranty on the convection microwave.
Always be aware of checking the warranty on the convection microwave, the Magnetron and on its cavity.
You can also purchase an additional warranty as it is a worthy investment to have.
Terms Used While Buying a Microwave Convection Oven
Going to buy the best convection microwave oven in India? Be well informed about these terms so no one can fool you.
It’s sort of a vacuum tube that signals the power consumption and power output in the microwave. In scientific terms, it is responsible for creating an electric field and making the oven work.
The warranty on magnetron means the power of a microwave convection oven.
If you like eating healthy spicy and tasty tandoori items like paneer tikka, potato, or any tandoori vegetable, this is a blessing for you.
There are rotisserie bars that can be used in all the modes except the micro model of a convection microwave oven;
- convection mode
- combo convection mode
- grill mode,
- combo grill mode
It’s nothing but the inner space of your convection microwave oven. There are primarily two types of cavity:
- made of stainless steel that is conventional and most convictions use it
- enamel ceramic cavity which is more advanced and user-friendly (Samsung use it in their Convection ovens)
A standard convection microwave has a ‘defrost’ button. We often freeze the leftover food or prepare the food hours before to consume it later.
When you press defrost button, the convection oven thaws your frozen food by producing heat but reducing power so the food does not get cooked.
With the help of the convection and microwave combo, you can prepare yeast, dough, paneer, and curd, this is called the fermentation feature.
You don’t need to do anything, you just hit the button to set the device to the correct power & heat levels.
If you really want this feature, you should check it while purchasing the best convection microwave oven in India because all brands don’t provide it.
This feature removes the bad cooking odour from the oven by the air passage into the cavity.
There are chambers where the air is discharged from to oxidise and make air germ free.
7. Steam clean
This function is also installed in convection microwave ovens/ovens to remove bad odour.
There is a container called a steam clean container. You need to fill it with water, stick it to the wall of the microwave, and press the ‘steam clean button.
In a few minutes, your microwave would be free from smell and bacteria.
You should check carefully all the cleaning potions before buying the best convection microwave oven in India for safety purposes.
8. Auto-cook menu
This function is installed in each microwave oven/convection microwave oven today. You also get an auto-cook menu book where the codes of recipes are written.
You have to set that code on the control panel by pressing the buttons. After that, you press the start button and put the food in the oven. The codes are nothing but the setting of correct power levels and cooking times for preparing specific recipes.
This is done by a sensor that automatically detects steam from the food as it cooks and prepares your food. There are also codes for different cooking styles like defrost, bake, reheat, etc
Other Alternatives to Convection Microwave for Healthy Recipes?
1. Microwave vs Air Fryer
Microwave when compared with air fryer proves to be more versatile in day-to-day usage for most food items. With a microwave, you can heat, reheat and cook food whereas an air fryer gives you the option of only dry cooking your food.
Air fryers can only be used for dry items only. However, a microwave has no such limitations.
A microwave uses a tubular heating element called Magnetron which emits high-frequency radio waves to heat your food whereas an air fryer uses a coil which gets heated and then a fan circulates that hot air in the chamber.
In terms of cooking, an air fryer offers more even cooking but it takes almost double or more time to do the same process as a microwave.
Both the microwave and air fryer use almost the same amount of electricity but differ basically in the method of cooking.
An air fryer gives you the option of healthy fried food without any oil whereas a microwave can cook, heat and reheat your food irrespective of the ingredients used.
If you’re considering a device for tastier & healthy foods only, go for an air fryer. But if you need a device for versatile cooking along with healthy snacks, invest in a convection microwave.
2. Microwave vs Oven
Both microwave and oven can be used to heat or reheat your food but the main difference lies in the method in how they heat your food.
A microwave uses super-fast electromagnetic waves which vibrate the water molecules in the food to heat it whereas an oven employs heating coils which heat up the surrounding air and food absorbs this hot air.
Food heated in an oven is generally more evenly heated but it also takes more time than a microwave.
If you are looking to heat small dishes, then the microwave is a good option. However, if you are required to heat large dishes more often then the oven simply outperforms the microwave.
While using the oven. there are no cold spots or the need to stir the food in between as it heats the food evenly. You can also use metal vessels in an oven whereas you can only use microwave-safe dishes in the microwave.
An oven also crisps and dehydrates your food in a better manner.
3. Microwave vs OTG
An OTG stands for Oven, Toaster and Grill. They are the smaller versions of a traditional oven but offer the same functionality and are much more flexible.
In terms of usage and versatility, both microwave and OTG offer great and similar features but the key difference lies in their mechanism of heating things. As in all ovens, OTG also uses heating coils to warm up your food.
In the case of microwaves, they have to rely on electromagnetic waves to warm up your food. Microwaves win in the time department as they can heat your food in considerably less time and they come with a lot of pre-loaded settings making them user-friendly.
The oven uses less power and the user can also use metal vessels in them. An OTG is good for making different types of dishes whereas a microwave is good for quick reheating of food or simple baking processes.
4. Convection vs Grill Microwave
The Grill microwave is used to warm, defrost or roast/grill food items. They are generally more complex in their functioning and cost a little bit more than the Convection Microwave in general.
These grill microwaves do have their benefits including the taste and smell of a barbeque meal without setting up some elaborate set-up. They are small and can be easily placed or shifted.
Grill microwaves use a metal grill which keeps your food near to the heating coils which results in the quick heating of the outer surface of food with grill-like effects.
Convection Microwaves on the other hand are best suited for baking or heating food in a more uniform manner. The fan allows the hot air to reach inside the food in a uniform manner immediately.
It saves you time and it can be used for everyday food requirements whereas a grill microwave is limited to special kinds of food items.
Customers Also Asked
1. Top 5 best convection microwave brands in India?
- Bajaj/Morphy Richard
2. Convection microwave recipes (healthy & low-calorie)
- Grilled brown bread sandwich
- Baked okra & beans
- Sabudana khichdi
- Low oil samosa
- Moong dal dosa
- Vegetable rice
3. How does a convection microwave oven work actually?
A convection microwave oven is a microwave that comes installed with two technology modes.
In the first microwave mode, you can use your device as a microwave to simply heat or cook your favourite recipes.
The second mode is called ‘convection mode‘. There are settings that allow you to transform your device into a convection oven where a fan is used to evenly distribute heat and prepare food even tastier.
4. How to use a convection oven safely (safety tips)
Here’re some safety tips recommended by U.S. Food & Drugs Administration:
- You should read the manual carefully before using the device.
- Please use only those utensils that are suitable for your convection oven.
- Always close the door of your device properly. This is the must-follow instruction.
- Also, don’t operate it if the machine is damaged.
- You are not advised to stand directly against an even when it’s in working mode.
- Sometimes the brands warn you to cook some dishes like liquid dishes for longer. Pay attention to it.
- Cleaning of convection microwave is very necessary. Follow all the cleaning instructions.
We have covered almost everything that is necessary before buying the best convection microwave oven in India.
In short, LG, Samsung, and IFB are the best brands for convection microwave ovens. I have picked the best model and also done a comparison with other important models.
I hope you have found the best microwave convection oven for your home.
If you’re still confused, please feel free to ask anything below in the comment section!