Last updated on September 10th, 2021
Evaluating yourself is a kind of walking on the path of mental progress. When you evaluate yourself as a person, you find your strength and weakness. Finding your weaknesses, accepting them, and then working on them is all that one needs to make progress in life.
Evaluating yourself is the first key to find your mistakes, learn from them and bring improvement in your personality, work, and mental health and happiness. So, it’s time to assess yourself. Here is the checklist to help you in the process.
How to evaluate yourself as a person
1. Check your goals first:
- What do you want to do in your life?
- Where do you see yourself after 5 years?
- Are you a parent, if so, what’s the plan for your child?
- If you are a student, what is the best career for you?
- And if you are generally evaluating yourself, what are your future goals? Are you working towards them?
2. Do you have enough confidence:
- Do you have enough confidence to fulfil your purpose?
- What efforts did you make to accomplish them?
- If you failed with your efforts, what are your backup plans?
- How many backup plans are there?
- Also evaluate, how much confidence do you get from your backup plans?
- Wait a minute to ponder, are your backup plans giving you confidence or hindering your progress?
- Suppose that, you want to lose weight, what strategy and discipline have you set to achieve it?
- Even, as a person what discipline do you follow to make your life better?
- What importance do you give to discipline even if you work from home?
- What amount of effort and energy do you put to complete your goals?
- Do a check, are you lagging and putting enough energy due to some reasons?
- It’s time to sort it out and replan your strategies.
5. Your behaviour with others:
- As a person, how is your behaviour towards others?
- Do you throw your anger on your spouse due to a heavy workload?
- Are you not giving time to your family?
- How is your behaviour to your employees?
- Evaluate yourself, are you a good person or not?
6. Attitude towards life:
- How do you perceive life?
- Is it positive or negative?
- Are you a negative person who is losing opportunities and irritating others?
- Are you generous enough?
7. Are you judging more?
- Do you always judge people?
- Have you ever thought being judgemental is not good as you may also be judged later?
- What efforts did you make to change your judgmental behaviour?
- How many emotional bonds or friends did you lose due to your judgemental attitude?
9. Do you forgive?
- Can you forgive others?
- Are you holding on to a grudge?
- If yes, think like this, everyone makes mistakes, you can make them.
- How would you feel if you need an apology and you are not getting it?
- It hurts, no? Evaluate yourself, if you can forgive them now.
Other helpful articles:
- Lost your peace of mind? Figure out why you are not happy
- Self-acceptance: what it means & how to achieve it
- 30 stress buster activities to help you get mental happiness
- 40 positive things to say to yourself every day
- Learn to ignore things & be happy
- 7 best yoga poses for mental health
If you liked the article, share it with someone you care about and want to see happy! Also, join me on Quora for more physical and emotional fitness related posts!