Last updated on April 23rd, 2023
Dyson air purifiers are called the apple of air purifiers because of their patented air multiplier technology, the most accurate sensors, & other such premium features. Therefore, a Dyson air purifier comes 3 times more expensive as compared to any other air purifier from any other brand.
It’s also said that a Dyson air purifier is not for every Indian household because not everyone can afford it. If you’re wondering whether buying a Dyson Air Purifier is worth it or not, we have written this article to help you understand the brand & products more closely, deeply, and analytically.
Let’s start with the brand & its customer service first.
If you do not want to read the article, here’s the video for you.
About the Brand
Dyson has been a prevalent name across global households for decades. Numerous homes relish their wide range of air purifiers. Dyson is known to produce the best quality but at an expensive price.
We agree they are expensive, the reason behind it is that they put in the extraneous effort to outshine other models in the market and successfully achieve it. Their engineers consider every little detail and precise expertise to include all the latest technology.
Talking about their customer service, I have a friend using the Dyson hair dryer and she is very satisfied with their customer service. And when we got an opportunity to test their air purifier models, we noticed they were very hospitable and polite.
Now, before jumping to Dyson air purifier reviews, let’s discuss the technologies, filters, and other common features used in all the models.
Common Features in Each Dyson Air Purifier Model
1. No. of Filters
Dyson doesn’t use pre-filter. Let me tell you first why the pre-filter is used in air purifiers. It increases the life of other filters by capturing heavy particles (PM 10 level). At the same time, in the Dyson air purifier, PM 10 pollutants are directly entered & captured by HEPA & carbon filters.
But, the good news is HEPA 13 standard filter has been used in almost every model. If you don’t know about HEPA technology, HEPA 13 & the Latest 14-grade filters are considered to be the best.
The other filter used is 360° Combi Glass, Carbon Filter integrated with Tris. It helps remove bad odours and other volatile organic compounds from the air.
Whole Machine Filtration
In the upgraded models of Dyson air purifiers like Dyson TP07, TP09, & HP07, there is a combi filter.
It’s 2 in 1 filter where carbon and HEPA 13 filters have been reengineered into one, sealed better inside the machine in a manner that the pollutants inside the air purifier don’t come back outside it and thus the impurities don’t get mixed back into the air of your room.
This is called Whole Machine Filtration.
2. Purification technology
This is the reason Dyson claims their air purifiers to be the best available air purifiers in the market. Their patented indigenous Air Multiplier Technology with 350° Oscillation with customized angle.
They claim when the air is projected by the multiplier technology the air is drawn into the air purifier, it actually gets all the smallest particles much more accurately. You might have seen how some regular air purifiers have specific modes like turbo mode, and germ mode, but a Dyson air purifier always is like that.
3. Impurities removed
All the Dyson air purifiers claim to remove 99.95% of impurities up to 0.1 microns. They are capable to captures viruses, allergens, dust, VOCs, No2, PM 2.5, PM 10 and all types of small & large particles.
Removing 0.1 microns means removing the virus-sized smallest invisible particles. This is the best efficiency of removing impurities an air purifier can provide you.
4. Doesn’t publish CADR
CADR stands for Clean Air Delivery Rate. This is a standard testing methodology but Dyson has made us believe that it has some flaws by doing their brand’s specific POLAR test.
CADR is able to detect three particles and one sensor while the POLAR test removed 5 particles and 11 gases with 9 sensors. You can see the difference and how the Polar test is impressive.
And it’s also true that in our everyday world, you are not just exposed to only three particles which CADR did the test upon. Thus Dyson proves their air purifiers can remove the impurities of 0.1 particles with air multiplier technology.
In our testing too, users saw the difference between a Dyson air purifier and a regular air purifier. Dyson air purifiers were more capable to clean the air from every corner of the room.
5. Supports of Dyson Link App
All the Dyson air purifiers are smart air purifiers. There is a Dyson Link app where you can see the real-time data of air quality, humidity, temperature and much more.
You can give voice commands. They are Alexa, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Enabled.
They offer a warranty of 2 years for each model and even repair air purifiers and other house appliances outside the warranty period.
There are auto mode, night mode, air purifier mode & diffused mode.
The auto mode is already set. You do not need to do anything here. The air purifier automatically senses and detects the air pollutants in your room and changes the fan speed accordingly.
The night mode turns off all the lights and makes the air purifier quiet.
The backward mode gives a lot of benefits. It saves energy, gives a cool breeze, and also balances the humidity levels. How? In this mode, the air purifier doesn’t draw new air from outside sources rather it recirculates the inside clean air in the room.
The diffused mode more efficiently circulates the air in the room without cooling the room.
The focused airflow mode allows the air purifier clean air in a particular direction in less time. Suppose you’re in a hurry or you’re cooking in the kitchen, you don’t need to purify the whole space at that time. You need it to purify in one direction and that in less time too.
Note: Dyson TP07, TP09, and HP07 have backward mode, diffused mode, and focused airflow mode.
8. Certification from the Asthma And Allergy Foundation Of America (AAFA),
9. Flexible 10-Speed options.
10. High-quality LCD screen.
11. Bladeless fan
12. The remote that comes with the air purifier is magnetized. So, you can easily place it on top of the air purifier.
13. Each model is sleek & modern and fits comfortably in any corner. Moreover, being lightweight, it is effortless to move around.
14. The air purifier installation is easy. You can use it without the help of any technician.
Things to Remember Before You Buy A Dyson Air Purifier
- If you use your air purifier 8-10 hrs/day, the filter life is 1 year around. And the replacement cost is rs. 5,000. There is a filter replacement alarm as well.
- Dyson air purifier just blows cold breeze but it’s not a replacement for AC during summer days.
Dyson Air Purifier Price India
|Dyson Pure Hot + Cool with heater|
|Dyson Purifier Cool formaldehyde Air Purifier|
|Dyson Purifier Cool Air Purifier|
|Dyson Pure Cool Link Air Purifier: Most affordable|
check review here
Dyson Air Purifier Reviews (Which Fits for Your Home?)
I will now review here Dyson’s 4 most popular air purifiers in India in 2023.
1. Dyson TP07 Review (+ compared with TP03)
First I have picked Dyson Purifier Cool (TP07) for review and compared it with Dyson Pure Cool Link Tower TP03.
Dyson TP07 is an upgraded model in the TP series of Dyson under which the air purifiers come with a cooling function. And Dyson TP03 is the old and most affordable air purifier of the series.
Therefore, comparing both of them here is necessary so you can pick the one according to your budget and choices.
- Starting with the basics, both come in two colours; white & silver.
- If you first look at the features of both air purifiers you may hardly find a difference between them but you will see that difference in prices is around 10,000-12,000. And that’s why I am here to help you :).
- The first difference is in filters. Confused no? You shouldn’t be. Let me explain. However, both TP07 & TP03 are using HEPA 13 & carbon filters but TP07 comes with some improvements. And the biggest improvement is Dyson TP07 comes with an upgraded filter re-engineered to give 50% cleaner air. But how it is possible if they both use the same filters and technology? Here comes ‘whole machine filtration’.
- HEPA 13 has been better sealed inside the machine. Both the filters now are one filter; a 2 in 1 filter called a combi filter which has been made of 25% recyclable material.
- Next, Dyson TP07 is 20% quieter than TP04 & TP03.
- Also, TP07 is on the lighter side in weight so is more portable.
- The coverage area is almost the same which is 600 sq ft around.
- Sensors used are: Temperature, Humidity, PM, VOC, NO2
- I don’t need to repeat the rest of the features here like connectivity, impurities, and compatibility here. They are the same and you can read them in the common features above.
- Price: In April 2023, Dyson TP03 is available for 28,000 and TP07 comes under 40,000. However, prices keep changing. On discount days, you can get them at cheaper prices.
Which one you should go for?
- If your budget is under 30,000 and you need a good air purifier, a Dyson air purifier for your home plus you don’t live in a highly polluted city but a moderately polluted city, go for Dyson TP03.
- But if you can invest 40,000 in an air purifier, and live in Delhi, NCR side, Dyson TP07 is just an awesome machine for you. We give 8/10 it.
2. Dyson TP09 Review (+compared with TP07)
Next, I picked the Dyson Purifier Cool Formaldehyde (TP09). The Dyson’s TP09 is another excellent air purifier that can quickly freshen up rooms of varying sizes. As the name suggests, this air purifier continuously keeps air safe by destroying formaldehyde.
- TP09 also comes with Dual Functionality: HEPA air purifier + Bladeless Fan like TP07. It gives a cool breeze but is not a replacement for AC in summer.
- Dyson TP09 is a complete machine sealed to HEPA 13 but also comes with an additional Oxidation Filter (Catalytic) to remove formaldehyde.
- If you do not know about it, let me tell you that not every air purifier is designed to destroy formaldehyde so efficiently that’s why the price difference is again 10,000.
- Formaldehyde is a toxic gas, an indoor air pollutant, emits from smoking, building materials, wood, and burning appliances. Though small exposure to it would not cause harm to your health it’s shocking to know that it is found more in indoor air than outdoors. And long-time exposure can cause asthma and cancer too.
- If you reside near the area where construction is underway, or you have asthma you must consider a good purifier that can remove formaldehyde. Then, Dyson TP09 is perfect for you.
- Both TP07 & TP09 come with diffused mode, backward mode, and focused airflow.
- TP09 is on the larger & heavier side yet modern & sleek.
- Coverage Area: 800 Sq. Ft. around, designed to clean larger spaces as compared to TP07. Also, the cleaning rate of TP09 is 33% faster than TP07.
- If you put TP09 in a medium space it will clean the air in less time.
- Sensors: Formaldehyde, Temperature, Humidity, PM, VOC, NO2
- Noise Level: 42.3 dBA-64.4 dB
- Price: TP09 is currently priced at Rs. 50,000 (prices keep changing).
Which one you should go for?
- You should buy TP07 if you want to defeat daily indoor pollution. This 40,000 machine is suitable even if you live in a high-pollution area.
- TP09 is recommended for those who get to cook daily and feel skin, eye, throat or nose irritation. Also, you have asthma or lung disease, this is a very good machine.
3. Dyson Purifier Hot+Cool with heater (HP07)
This Dyson Air Purifier HP07 comes from the HOT+Cool series of Dyson Air Purifiers. It has all the features of TP07 & TP09 (excluding catalytic filter & additional formaldehyde sensor) along with a heater that’s why it is the most expensive Dyson air purifier available to buy in India. So, if you don’t have the budget you can skip it.
HP07 is a 3-in-1-year-around machine with; an air purifier+cooler+heater. It is an upgraded version of HP04.
The coverage area is obviously different because it has 3 functionality. In heating function, it can cover up to 380 sq ft while in air purifying mode, it covers up to 870 sq ft.
It’s fully sealed HEPA which is lacking in HP04 (So if budget is the problem, you can also go for HP04). Also, it can remove all the impurities as any other air purifier do plus formaldehyde too.
Sensors include RPM, VOC, NO2, Temperature, and Humidity.
So, if you are thinking of investing long-term, this one might be right for you. I have also included and reviewed it in the list: Best Air Purifiers in India.
The price is INR 60,000 currently.
- It’s a very good & durable machine if budget isn’t an issue.
- The adjustable oscillation mechanism evenly distributes purified air
- The backwards diffused airflow doesn’t let hot air from around you
- Supports voice commands of popular platforms such as Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri as all other Dyson air purifiers do.
- The price of this air purifier is very high.
- It doesn’t run by app, it is controlled only by remote control.
- Slightly louder than other models but thankfully there is night mode.
- Top Air Purifiers Priced Under 10,000
- Coway Air Purifier Review India
- Sharp Air Purifiers Comparison
1. Are Dyson air purifiers expensive to run?
Dyson provides the best quality and performance among the several air purifiers available in its price bracket. But, interestingly, it does so without the need for too much electricity.
Moreover, the advanced quality equipment, sensors, and packed-up salient features guarantee an expanded life cycle of the air purifier.
Dyson has a reputation for producing the best air purifiers. So, they don’t compromise quality, resulting in no maintenance cost, repair cost, and low electricity cost.
So, rest assured, you don’t have an expensive experience with Dyson air purifiers.
2. Does the Dyson air purifier use a lot of electricity?
The first thing you must understand is that Air purifiers are not power-hungry. They are equivalent to or less power-hungry than your other home appliances.
For example, running an air purifier for 12 hours a day will consume the same power as running a refrigerator for 4 hours.
Albeit they run for longer hours, the amount of electricity it intakes is significantly less than a dishwasher and refrigerator and somewhat the same as a laptop.
It needs 40W power and 240V current to run steadily. That way, it gives clean air all the time with reasonable electricity consumption.
3. Does the Dyson air purifier have a HEPA filter?
Experts recommend air purifiers run all the time. Have you ever wondered why? (reference)
Air purifiers, Dyson in particular, have top-notch quality and state-of-the-art technology to keep the air around the home fresh.
Most Dyson models consist of the Hepa Filter responsible for ultra-fining gases like volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
Moreover, it also eradicates particles and eliminates odours so that you can breathe peacefully.
The Dyson Air Purifier TP07 and TP09 have been redesigned with the Hepa Filters. So, you’ll get 50% cleaner air.
4. Do Dyson air purifiers actually cool the room?
Short answer, Yes!
It does cool the air around the room. But the mechanism is not straightforward. Having been built with superior technology, the Dyson air purifiers consist of A-grade filters that circulate air throughout the room.
But, it does not have any built-in coolant.
However, the Dyson air purifier’s air circulation ensures that indoor condition remains more relaxed than in other places of your home, which means that you will feel a sense of coolness around your when you are in the same place as the Dyson air purifier.
5. What are the Pros & cons of using them?
Dyson air cleaners are one of the best in the market due to instance the number of benefits it provides.
It removes almost 99.95% of particles from indoor air, ensuring that you have fresh air to breathe. Noticeably, it tackles microparticles of 0.1 µm too.
Some of the Dyson models include carbon granules. They eradicate harmful toxins and fumes.
Most importantly, Dyson is a trusted brand that has been certified by the Skin Health Alliance and the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA). So, you’re in for healthy air.
Conclusion: Is Dyson Air Purifier Worth It?
I am glad to tell you here that the information we shared here is based on the tests of the models offline and online. We also got an opportunity to test Dyson TP03 at our friend’s house. That was her experience after 2 years of usage.
So, one key difference we noticed was that Dyson is very much capable of cleaning the room’s air from every corner rather than covering only the specific area of the room where the machine is put.
Meaning to say, if you set the Dyson air purifier at a particular corner of the hall, and go to check the Air Quality from different corners of the room, you will get impressive results by noticing that the Dyson air purifier is evenly purifying your room.
The air quality everywhere is the same while in other brands’ air purifiers it is necessarily not true. You can see this quality while turning a specific mode but in Dyson, it’s in each mode and settings.
Therefore yes! From our point of view, Dyson Air Purifier absolutely worth it!