I don’t know about you but life has given me very less chances to sit comfortable and enjoy it fully. There is always something that keeps trying to tear you apart. Oh! I am not complaining, I am just accepting things. I am sure you’re also facing something that’s why you’re here on this page. No matter how many times life becomes cruel, you must have to find mental happiness right in the place you’re.
Here’s the thing; talking about mental happiness is easy, but practising it is much more difficult. I don’t know whether you would find my answer useful or not but I found just a simple solution to this problem! And that is: “Life is very complicated, let’s uncomplicate it!”
Once I found the solution, I started working on the things which complicated my life more.
Things I stopped doing to uncomplicate my life & get mental happiness
1. Arguing with someone
who didn’t understand my situation and judged me instead. Ugh! They judge all the time, no matter what you do. If you keep heeding these people, you’re going to be crazy.
Crazy like really crazy!
You’ll lose your peace and mental happiness as well.
2. The relationships for mental happiness?
No, don’t do this! No relationship can make you happy if you’re not happy inside. Find other ways to get mental happiness first like a spiritual treat.
Relationships are to support you not make you truly happy. Also, stop being extra possessive with things and people. Giving space in relationships make them stronger.
3. Their approval
Stop getting approval from people for my decisions. I am not bound to give them any explanation either.
It’s my life and I hold the right to set my own principles.
4. Does love heal?
I stopped believing that love is something that will never let you cry. They fool you by telling love is the most powerful thing.
Love may have the power, but it demands more than it heals.
5. High hopes from your hope
When are you going to stop having hopes for the wrong things and wrong people? In my opinion, hope is a prison.
When things don’t happen, and you continue to hope, it’s toxic. So, choose your hopes wisely or move on with the new things. There is always something waiting for you ahead.
6. Mental happiness & offensiveness
I used to get getting offended easily. But now I understand everyone has their own viewpoint.
7. Life doesn’t get easier just by praying
I stopped believing that ‘everything is going to be okay one day. Because it never happened until I put myself in the fire to make my life worth living.
So it’s true ‘that everything is going to be okay one day but it’s wrong that life gets easier by itself without your sincere efforts and tremendous failures.
8. Do you trust your instincts?
seeking life advice from others. I realized the saying is correct ‘everyone’s journey is different so they can not know what is the right thing for you. However, I realized it very late after a series of wrong decisions and their bad consequences.
I made my simpler & got mental happiness whenever I
- started taking responsibility for everything good or bad that happens to me. This way, I could not find anybody to blame for.
- said yes to everything I don’t hold control over.
- learned to handle my tears and emotions by myself.
- apologised to those who got hurt because of me. This way, I also learned how to forgive others.
- realized involving people in your problems is a much bigger problem. So, whenever I get into a problem, my first approach remains to practice analysing it by myself through inner discussion.
- accepted my flaws (uniqueness) and embraced them though it took me half a decade to do so.
- learnt running away from problems is a waste. Whenever I did so, they came back to me with a double effect.
- felt that letting things go is overrated. Sometimes you have to remain right there in your hell to find a permanent solution to extricate yourself from the cage.
Things which make life simple yet hard to practice
- dilute the ego. I often confuse my ego with self-respect and this creates many complications.
- controlling the anger.
8. Cliche things that actually work to get mental happiness & satisfaction
1. Donate your time
Donation doesn’t always mean you have to donate your money. You can promise to visit needy children once a month. Your time given to them will make them happy, and you also will feel mental happiness.
2. Give moral support
Do you see someone in the lurch? Give moral support to those who are giving up on their dreams. Your kind words, motivation and moral support will help them very much. This way, you are lifting your soul too.
3. Show your care
We all love our family but due to a busy schedule, we often ignore them. So, next time, when you are on holiday, spend time with them. Remember, you do all your hard work only for them because you care so much so plan a picnic or holiday with them. They will be happy. And it will give you an extra boost and you will feel mental happiness.
4. Show compassion
Help an old person cross the road, allow others before you in the grocery store, give food to road children, help an NGO, etc.
5. Your Appreciation
Appreciate someone at your work pace. Say, this dress looks good on you. Appreciate the hard work and efforts of someone. Your appreciation can make someone’s day. You will feel satisfied too.
6. See their goodness
When you are mad at someone, try to see their goodness. It will help you dilute your hatred for them.
7. Focus on yourself
When you see fault in others, focus on yours. You will find it easy to forgive them or not judge them.
8. Reevaluate your relationships
Cut toxic people, and make good friends. See who wants to see you happy and successful and who is dragging you down. Who stood by yourself and who left you? This way, you can cut toxic people from your life (1).
9. Yoga to get mental happiness
Other helpful articles:
- Lost your peace of mind? Figure out why you are not happy
- 30 stress buster activities to help you get mental happiness
- 40 positive things to say to yourself every day
- Learn to ignore things & be happy
If you liked the article, share it with someone you care about and want to see happy!