Last updated on May 13th, 2020
Talking about mental happiness is easy but practising it is much more difficult. Let me ask you what you do to make yourself happy when you find yourself amidst difficulties? Here are a few things I do for mental happiness and satisfaction.
8 Things for mental happiness & satisfaction
1. Donate your time: Donation doesn’t always mean you have to donate your money. You can promise yourself to visit needy children once a month. Your time given to them will make them happy, and you also will feel mental happiness.
2. Give moral support: Do you see someone in the lurch? Give moral support to those who are giving up on their dreams. Your kind words, motivation and moral support will help them very much. This way, you are lifting your soul too.
3. Show your care: We all love our family but due to a busy schedule, we often ignore them. So, next time, when you are on holiday, spend time with them. Remember, you do all our hard work only for them because you care so much so plan a picnic or holiday with them. They will be happy. And it will give you an extra boost and you will feel mental happiness.
4. Show compassion: Help an old person cross the road, allow others before you in the grocery store, give food to road children, help an NGO, etc.
5. Your appreciation: Appreciate someone on your work pace. Say, this dress looks good on you. Appreciate the hard work and efforts of someone. Your appreciation can make someone’s day. You will feel satisfied too.
6. See their goodness: When you are mad on someone, try to see their goodness. It will help you dilute your hatred to them.
7. Focus on yourself: When you see fault in others, focus on yours. You will find it easy to forgive them or not to judge them.
8. Reevaluate your relationships: Cut toxic people, make good friends. See who wants to see you happy and successful and who is dragging you down. Who stood by yourself and who left you. This way, you can cut toxic people from your life.
Other helpful articles:
- Lost your peace of mind? Figure out why you are not happy
- Self-acceptance: what it means & how to achieve it
- 30 stress buster activities to help you get mental happiness
- 40 positive things to say to yourself every day
- Learn to ignore things & be happy
If you liked the article, share it with someone you care and want to see happy! Also, join me on Quora for more physical and emotional fitness related posts!