Last updated on July 8th, 2023
Choosing to set up different types of low and high-impact exercise equipment, such as an elliptical or a cross-trainer at home, can help you stay more active and nudge you from sluggishness. If you’re also looking for the best elliptical cross trainer in India in 2023, this guide would help you make the best buying decision.
I have also made an elliptical review video. If you choose to watch the video, you can select the best elliptical cross trainer in India for home use more easily. Because in the video you will see me reviewing only those cross-trainers (6 best & latest) which are specifically designed for home use & daily workouts but not for commercial purposes.
However, if you want a heavy-duty cross trainer ideal for commercial use, you should read the full article.
But before all, let’s have a short look at the uses and benefits of using an elliptical cross-trainer.
What Is An Elliptical Cross Trainer?
An elliptical, often also referred to as a cross trainer or an X-trainer, is a cardio exercise machine that mimics the movement of stepping on stairs, walking, or running.
One of the biggest advantages that makes an elliptical stand apart from other exercise equipment is the fact that it is light on the joints of the body.
If you have any joint issues (such as injuries, or a condition such as osteoporosis), it may not be possible for you to take up an activity that subjects your joints to a high level of impact.
Similarly, if you are overweight, overexerting your joints may also cause significant injuries or wear or tear of your joints.
For people who want a complete cardio workout without subjecting their bodies to high-impact levels, an elliptical cross trainer is a great choice.
The settings of an elliptical are highly configurable based on the needs of the individual using it and their fitness levels. Not only can you change the speed of the machine, but also adjust the level of resistance of the device, either making it tougher or less resistant and thereby easier.
What are the Benefits of Using a Cross Trainer
For those who are considering buying an elliptical machine, there are some pretty significant benefits to using one. Some of them are:
- The ability to boost your stamina
- A holistic cardio workout for your whole body
- Ability to burn a significant amount of calories and burn fat
- Targets both parts of your body, the upper and lower
- Improve balance levels
- Lowers impact on joints compared to other exercise equipment
Trying to burn fat? Read these helpful articles,
- 100 Healthy Lifestyle Habits that Help to Lose Fat
- How to Detox your Body to Lose Weight
- 40 Quick Fitness Tips for women
Who Should Not Use An Elliptical Trainer?
There is no category of people that are specifically disbarred from using the elliptical. However, it is important to ensure that the resistance of the machine is set based on the fitness levels of the individual that is using it.
It is also necessary to ensure that the weight of the individual using it does not extend above the supported weight of that particular model or device.
Like any other device, repeatedly using the elliptical can lead to lower diminishing results with each passing day. The reason is the same group of muscles is being worked out.
Therefore, it is best to incorporate the elliptical as a part of a larger cardio workout. Unless you are unable to perform such a workout due to health concerns.
Another thing that the user of an elliptical should keep track of is that the number of calories burned displayed in an elliptical may be slightly overestimated.
Elliptical Trainer vs Exercise Cycle vs Treadmill
Here you might be in a confusion about the uses of two other cardio machines treadmill and an exercise bike. To know the difference between these 3 machines, head over to the articles:
If you’re wondering about how to exercise on the elliptical cross trainer and elliptical cycle:
You might need these articles if you’re setting up your home gym:
- Best Treadmill in India (Reviews & Buying Guide)
- Top Budget treadmills under 20,000/15,000 in India
- Best manual Treadmills in India
- Top 10 Best Exercise Cycles/Stationary Bikes in India
Best Cross Trainer Brands in India
If you’re looking for a cross-trainer, you may have heard about Aerofit. Founded in 1921, the Aerofit brand is one of India’s most trusted and leading brands that imports a range of fitness & sports equipment.
The brand provides a vivid range of elliptical cross trainers for commercial use. Also, the most searched brand of cross trainers on the web is Aerofit.
Their service is also satisfactory.
It is popular for providing heavy-duty elliptical machines. If you’re looking for semi-commercial or commercial cross trainers, Sole is probably the best choice.
Their ellipticals come with premium features at expensive rates. But you wouldn’t find the best quality material so the products are undoubtedly worth investing in.
Sole also offers treadmills, bikes, and other fitness gear.
Xterra is also known for manufacturing semi-commercial and commercial heavy-duty machines. They are primarily known for cross-triathlon races.
Talking about the ellipticals, Xterra doesn’t have a variety range but their selected models beat many popular models in the market.
They have expanded to sell all over the world and manufacture from small fitness items to heavy machines.
I personally use the Welcare elliptical trainer and am very happy with their product and service. They are Bengaluru (India) based company and their products are quite popular in the market.
Welcare designs treadmills, home gyms, bikes, ellipticals, and other fitness equipment. Their cross trainers are reasonably priced and designed primarily for home use.
This is another brand you can consider buying a cross-trainer. They offer ellipticals from medium range to big range.
Consider investing in an Afton cross trainer if you have a budget, not below 50,000.
The U.S.-based brand Powermax excels in manufacturing almost every piece of fitness equipment. They rule the fitness industry.
From a gym bag to heavy home gyms, you can find quality equipment from Powermax. They are the most trusted brand in the market.
If you need an elliptical trainer for use, Powermaxis good.
Another popular brand for home use and semi-commercial elliptical cross trainers is Reach. Also, the Reach exercise bikes are very popular for their reasonable prices and features.
Reach Evolve and Reach C-500 have been their flagship products since their launch.
They have good quality elliptical trainers for home use. Cockatoo cross trainers are very reasonably priced and feature-rich.
Their service is also good. They have a name in the market. Their treadmills and exercise cycles are very popular in the market.
Co-Maxx may not have a variety of ellipticals but a few of their products do the job very well.
IRIS is also a popular brand for offering resistance bands for heavy machines.
Reviews: Best Elliptical Cross Trainer in India 2023 (for Beginners)
A busy lifestyle might seem like a valid justification for not working out. But the truth is you become unhealthy for not getting the requisite amount of physical activity that your body needs.
So if you have figured out that an elliptical cross trainer would fulfil your goals, here is the list of brands, prices, and reviews of the best elliptical trainer for home use in India.
1. Cockatoo CE03ADVANCE Smart Series (Best Elliptical Cross Trainer for home use in India overall)
If you are looking for a complete cardiovascular workout at home, this cross-trainer from the popular brand Cockatoo is a must-have for your home. Earlier it used to be the best elliptical cross trainer to buy online in India under the price of 15000, which would fit your budget.
Even now, you can get it this affordable on Amazon at sale days. But currently, its price is around 19,000 i.e this is the best elliptical cross trainer under 20,000, also the best elliptical cross trainer in India for 120 kg overweight people, and not to exaggerate it’s the best elliptical cross trainer in India overall for home use as well.
The shining feature is you can also increase your foot pedal incline up to 12.82 degrees to automatically adjust your foot movements.
You can also keep track of your workout and the calories that you have burned. It comes with an LCD that displays the different parameters of the workout on it such as time, speed, heart rate, and rotations per minute.
- The elliptical trainer is made out of a heavy-duty steel frame.
- Maximum weight support– 120 kg.
- 6 kg flywheel
- It is a magnetic elliptical machine that has 8 levels of magnetic resistance to increase the level of your workouts.
- Comes in a medium size which is ideal for apartments and houses. It is neither too large (meaning it will not occupy a large amount of space) nor is it too small (making workouts uncomfortable).
- This elliptical cross trainer is ideal for both men and women.
- 1-year warranty.
- Robust and sturdy.
- Extremely reasonably priced as well.
- The seat is adjustable. Even tall people are comfortable.
- Maximizes stability during workouts.
- Does not require electricity to operate.
- Medium-size machines can be fitted in a house or apartment easily.
- Simple installation.
- No major con
Note 1: Read the detailed review here:
- Cockatoo CE03ADVANCE Smart Series: Best Budget Elliptical Cross Trainer with 120 kg User Weight India
Note 2: There is one other version of this elliptical trainer, named Cockatoo CE03PLUS Smart Series Elliptical Cross Trainer. There are minor differences between both machines. You can read the differences by clicking the link to the full review mentioned in ‘note 1’.
Check the price here:
2. Welcare WC6044 (The elliptical cross trainer I bought for my home gym)
If you want an elliptical trainer that provides both ‘value for money and is also comfortable on your knees (because of the strong flywheel) you can then consider choosing the elliptical cross trainer from the brand Welcare.
This is the best elliptical trainer for home use in India for you if you’re not very tall and not overweight above 70 kg (for intense workouts-70kg, moderate workouts-85 kg).
This elliptical machine is tremendously compact. There are handrails and hand pads so that anyone can move on comfortably, and track their heart rate more accurately and comfortably.
I also purchased this 1 year ago and working very fine for our family. You can read the detailed review here:
- Made of high-quality and durable steel.
- 5 kg strong flywheel
- Has 8 levels of magnetic resistance control (manual)
- Can support a maximum of 90 kg weight.
- Has an LCD with various parameters such as speed, time, distance, heart rate, and calories.
- Heart sensors are there on both handrails.
- A seat can be folded as per the height of the user (up to 5’10” people)
- A warranty period of 12 months is provided.
- Wider surface for safe movement.
- Extra-large and anti-slip foot pedal.
- Can be folded and put away.
- Low noise.
- Is highly portable.
- Highly robust and sturdy.
- Installation and service are not free.
- Not for tall people over 5 feet 10 inches because of its small size.
3. Durafit Tango (Best-Rated Elliptical Cross Trainer for Home for 2023)
If you are looking for an elliptical trainer from an Indian brand, Durafit Tango is here for you. A cross trainer for home and a simple yet effective machine that can fit all pockets.
If you don’t know, I would like to mention that Durafit is a very popular Indian brand founded by IIT students. This elliptical trainer became everyone’s favourite as soon as it came on the market. It’s one of the best-selling elliptical cross trainers in India currently in 2022.
- Sturdy tabular heavy metal construction and highly durable, that’s where Durafit specializes in.
- The device has 8 levels of manual tension control that a person can choose to increase and decrease the levels of workouts.
- There is a 5 kg flywheel so you can increase the speed of your workouts to make them smoother.
- Max user weight is 100 kg, of course, there is a buffer of 20 kg. Therefore it’s best for you if you weigh up to 80-85 kg.
- It also has heart rate sensors on handrails and a digital display to track the stats.
- Pedals are safe and also a gadget holder.
- Storage and moving are easy due to it having wheels.
- Higher maximum weight compared to other machines within the same price range.
- Durable and sturdy.
- 6 level adjustments in the seat in the Durafit Waltz model, provide the best seating option
- But if you’re looking for an exercise cycle with the cross trainer you should consider Durafit Waltz. It is a similar elliptical cross trainer from the same brand. But there is an exercise bike with adjustable height too and hence the 1000 Rs difference in the price.
Check out Durafit Waltz Elliptical, a cross trainer for home:
4. Maxpro MP 6066 Elliptical (A mid-range fitness trainer from a very popular brand)
I am updating my best elliptical machine for home use list 2023 by replacing Proline Fitness 335E Elliptical with Maxpro MP 6066 Elliptical Trainer. Proline elliptical was also good and the Proline company also is one of the best ISO-certified fitness equipment companies in the country which provides exercise equipment to all customers at a reasonable price.
And if you have read my other review blogs, I have suggested treadmills and other fitness equipment from the Maxpro brand too. They also have a very reputed name in the fitness equipment industry.
The reason why I changed it will know when I will compare both products here. To start with comparing the price, both come with almost the same price tag of 18,000 around. But to look at their features, Maxpro MP 6066 has an upper hand here.
It comes with a gym cycle too which seat you can adjust both vertically & horizontally to adjust yourself with the machine while Proline Fitness Elliptical absolutely doesn’t come installed with any cycle. Not only this, you will find many good features in Maxpro MP 6066 Elliptical when you will read below. However, the weight support difference is there where Maxpro Elliptical lacks.
Nevertheless, this cross trainer from Maxpro fitness is currently one of the best-selling elliptical machines for home use. If you want an elliptical trainer that will give you the same quality of workout that you are likely to get at a gym, then this is a great choice.
- Dual-handle design. Inner handles can be used for children.
- Flywheel weight is approx 5 kg
- The user’s maximum weight is 100 kg.
- 8 levels of magnetic manual tension are enabled.
- Has a pulse rate sensor on either side of the handrails.
- 14-inch stride length
- For reducing joint stress in an elliptical motion, large non-skid pedals wheel are used.
- Lifetime frame warranty and 12 months warranty on the motor.
- This elliptical machine is highly compact yet durable.
- It is possible to choose between 8 various levels of incline to improve the workout.
- Large LCD window
- The stride length is only sufficient for short or medium-height people up to 5’7″.
- Extra charges for onsite installation.
5. Powermax Fitness EH-200 Elliptical & Orbitrek Exercise Cycle
If you are looking for a simple & affordable cross trainer from a very reliable brand, Powermax Fitness EH-200 is one of the best choices for home use. This is very similar to Powermax EH-225 Elliptical Cross Trainer which I earlier suggested in 2022.
This product is really helpful for indoor gym equipment. With the hand pulse, it features a micro-adjustable tension control resistance system at a reasonable price of around 12,000.
- The seat is easily comfortable and adjustable vertically to adjust your height with the machine.
- Has an LCD to measure stats and Pulse, Scan & Odometer.
- Features the chain drive system and two-way crank system.
- Comes with a hand pulse and has heart rate sensors on handrails.
- Has a maximum weight of 100 kg.
- Has wheels for portability & anti-slip pedals for smoother workouts.
- 1-year warranty.
- Free Installation
- Resistance can be controlled by pressing the knob.
- Small size, not suitable for big guys.
6. Cockatoo OB-06 (most affordable and best as exercise bike cross trainer)
This Indian cockatoo cross trainer is one of the most used elliptical trainers in the market today. This product is used for complete whole-body exercise which increases cardio and respiratory fitness.
By using it only for 20 minutes a day, you can control your increasing weight and sustain weight loss. A high technology-based LCD is used to track your workout parameters when your exercise is ongoing.
This product has a manual for installation. You can also opt for a paid installation service if you prefer.
The price of this exercise bike cross trainer is under 15000.
- Robust frame made out of aluminium and highly durable.
- Has three separate levels of incline that one can choose from.
- Maximum user weight of 110 kg.
- 2.2 kg flywheel.
- Mesh belt systems and brake belts are used for operating.
- Has wheels, and a 4 way foldable and adjustable seat.
- Available in different colours.
- A warranty period of 12 months is provided.
- Can be used in both ways, exercise cycle & elliptical cross trainer.
- Storage and moving this equipment is easy due to it being foldable and having wheels.
- It is a silent bike and does not make even a little noise.
- A 13-inch non-slip pedal is used to increase stability and durability.
- Highly portable.
- Small in size, not for heavy users.
- Average flywheel.
- Tall people may experience a little stress on joints.
7. Aerofit AF 601 ES Elliptical Cross Trainer
If you are looking for an elliptical trainer which has multiple function facilities, the Aerofit elliptical cross trainer is a good choice.
It is heavy enough to be stable in one place but not so heavy that you cannot move it.
Within a reasonable price of under 20000, it is a great choice for everyone to have an indoor elliptical cross trainer.
- LCD customized console for displaying multiple readings such as calories, speed, and distance.
- Cardio monitor with an in-built pulse sensor.
- A balanced frame is used to prevent rocking.
- Flywheel with 5 Kgs.
- 8 levels of magnetic resistance,
- Magnetic resistance system, Super silent belt drive system
- Max weight support: 100 kg
- 8 levels of vertical seat adjustment.
- Pedals with self-balancing, close spacing, and fit to any size of the user.
- Is robust and sturdy.
- Cardio monitor for checking pulse rate.
- An ideal choice for indoor equipment.
- Assembling the elliptical cross trainer is critical for some users.
Note: Aerofit is one of the most trusted elliptical brands in the market. If you like this Aerofit cross trainer, you should check out this list as well:
Top Elliptical Machines for Both Beginners & Advanced Levels
8. Co-Maxx Plastic and Iron Elliptical Cross Trainer (best magnetic elliptical cross trainer in India for beginners & professionals)
One of the most popular Indian elliptical cross trainers is the Co-Maxx Plastic and Iron Elliptical Cross Trainer, in Co-Fit Series by Acme. It’s a front-drive elliptical cross trainer.
Being slightly expensive compared to both ellipticals listed above, this trainer is suitable for the home gym, beginners, and athletes.
This is one of the latest elliptical cross trainers in India.
Start the exercise with less time and increase with each passing day. Daily exercise will burn fat and maintain weight when you use the Co-Maxx fitness elliptical cross trainer.
- LCD with different functions such as calories, time, distance, speed, scan, pulse meter, and even RPM.
- Large & anti-skid foot pedals protect you from slipping
- The 10 levels of the resistance system
- The stride length of 17 is enough to help you activate whole body muscles
- Has a maximum user weight of 120 kg.
- Great build provides durability.
- Lifetime warranty on frame, 2 years on parts & 1-year on labour
- A magnetic brake system makes the machine noise-free.
- Free Installation
- Wheels for portability
- Water bottle holder
- Requires more maintenance
- Only a cross trainer, doesn’t have seat for an exercise bike
9. Reach C-500 Elliptical Cross Trainer (best for lower body workouts)
If you want an elliptical machine that will help you get fit effectively, the Reach elliptical trainer is one of the best. With its durability and size compactness, it is one of the most popular choices in the market today.
Another significant advantage of this device is that it does not create noise during usage. Hence it is a great choice for smaller surroundings.
- The robust frame and highly durable.
- Flywheel weight – 8 kg
- The maximum weight-bearing capacity of 110 kg.
- 8 levels of magnetic resistance.
- Anti-shake resistance for safety.
- Stride length- 18 inches (stride means the distance between pedals, read the buying guide section for more)
- Pulse sensors are placed on both handrails.
- Has wheels, and is foldable.
- 1-year warranty period with friendly customer service.
- Storage is easy due to it being foldable and having wheels.
- Electromagnetic resistance technology is used for the best performance
- Ideal for those who want a thorough cardiovascular workout to relax muscles and joint pain.
- Does not come fully installed, semi-installed inside the box.
- You will have to pay extra for home installation.
Reach Invicta Elliptical Cross Trainer
You can also go for a newly launched similar elliptical machine, Reach Invicta Elliptical Cross Trainer. It comes with a price range of around 50000 and is suitable for different intensity levels of workout.
This is a heavy-duty & sturdy elliptical machine made in India.
Key features are:
- 9 kg strong flywheel
- 8 Levels of Magnetic Resistance
- Stride Length: 19 inches
- Max weight support: 110 kg.
- Designed with an ergo grip that is a stationary handlebar. It provides more stable support if you’re doing only a lower-body workout.
- Heart rate sensors & LCD.
- Highly portable because of the front wheels.
- Mobile & tablet holder
- 12 months warranty.
Check out Reach Invicta Elliptical Cross trainer:
10. Reach Evolve Elliptical Cross Trainer (one of the most cost-effective elliptical machines with the trainer and stepper)
This piece of fitness home equipment is compact and can be easily fitted in any corner of your home. If you are looking for an elliptical cross trainer, this machine from the brand Reach is a perfect choice.
Brand Reach has many fitness products that have great reviews. And this elliptical is one of the most quality products that the brand sells.
- It’s a 2-in-1 trainer for high-intensity interval training workouts. It has the properties of both a vertical climber, an elliptical trainer, and an exercise stepper that provides a full-body workout.
- Best elliptical machine for small spaces as it comes with a space-saving design.
- 8 kg strong flywheel.
- Certified curve-crank technology gives 8 levels of Wool Felt Resistance
- Max weight support: 100 kg.
- The LCD is attached with a panel. It shows speed, calories burned, distance, time, and odometer.
- It is foldable and portable.
- Comes with wheels for portability.
- 3-angle design.
- Heart rate monitoring.
- 12 months warranty.
- The machine is compact and also portable.
- Comes with 2 systems: magnetic resistance and wool-felt resistance.
- Strong flywheel for greater comfort.
- Multipurpose 7 multi-functional.
- Is one of the most cost-effective options available in the market with a trainer and stepper.
Best Heavy-Duty Elliptical Trainers for Professionals/Commercial Use
11. Afton FX-400 Steel Cardio (Heavy duty fitness elliptical trainer)
One of the most popular Taiwan-manufactured elliptical trainers is the Afton FX-400 steel cardio fitness. Afton inclined elliptical trainer has 10 motivational program settings.
The inclined feature is designed in such a way that you can adjust the positions needed for home users as well as commercial usage.
Various features are available in this elliptical trainer with great stride length and electromagnetic resistance adjustment.
- 10.5 kg of the flywheel.
- 20 different levels of intensity.
- 20” stride length.
- 10 motivational program settings
- Electromagnetic resistance with 1-20 levels
- Hand pulse grips and leg levellers to support wheels.
- Oversized pivoting footplates with 3 positions.
- Lifetime frame warranty and a 1-year warranty for the parts and labour.
- Can support the weight of even overweight people.
- Impressive flywheel.
- Great stride length.
- Free installation assistance and service support are provided.
- Has 10 target modes for a better workout including hill, fat burn, cardio, interval, and strength.
- 10 days of the returnable product.
- Very expensive
- Many users find it difficult to move from one place to another.
Note: There is also the lighter version, Afto FX-100 Elliptical Trainer. You can read about it here:
12. Sole SE95E Elliptical Cross Trainer
If you are looking for an elliptical trainer that can be used for multiple purposes, you can try Sole E95E. This product might be a one-time investment.
Purchase if you want a heavy machine for your large family. Else you can go for brands in an affordable range like Reach Evolve and Cockatoo CE03ADVANCE (reviewed above).
People who prefer to work out indoors will love the ease of working out on this device.
- 12 kg of flywheel for the most smooth workout
- 20 inches of stride length for any height people
- 1-20 levels of intensity of workouts
- 20 levels of incline warranty 1 year
- Everything that you can expect best in an elliptical trainer
If you’re looking for a full review & comparison with the best heavy-duty elliptical cross trainers, check here:
13. Xterra FS 4.0e Elliptical Cross Trainer (best for athletes & professionals)
Xterra elliptical cross trainer is top-rated fitness equipment for use indoors. If you want a device that is of premium quality, this is a perfect choice for home use.
Another thing that sets this product apart from the rest is the fact that it provides 18-inch ellipse motion. It lets you exercise for a long time longer so that you burn the fat faster.
Those who prefer a sturdy product that will last long will find that this machine fits their home gym.
- Is highly durable and long-lasting.
- Comes with multiple advanced features.
- Parameters such as speed, time, distance, heart rate, and calories mentioned are displayed on the LCD.
- This is a dot matrix display that has 20 profile segments for better customization options.
- A 2-degree inward tilt of the foot pedals alleviates stress on the knees and ankles, and the
- Dual-action handlebars for keeping your wrist comfortably.
- Comes with speakers and an audio jack that connects you to the phone’s playlists.
- There is also a water bottle holder.
- A warranty period of one year is provided for the frame.
- Has great features
- Ideal for those who want a thorough body workout at a home gym.
- No free installation is available. The user has to pay for installation.
Also, don’t forget to check out Best-Selling Fitness Elliptical Cross Trainers:
Buying Guide to Buy the Best Elliptical Cross Trainer in India
Here are 17 things or factors that you should keep track of while buying an elliptical trainer/elliptical cross trainer. You can watch the elliptical buying guide video here.
1. Select the right brand
Just like any other product or device, many sellers and manufacturers are offering elliptical machines as well. It is important to do your research and pick a brand of repute and quality if you want your machine to last you a significant period.
Ideally, it makes sense to choose a brand that is not just well-known but also has a reputation for making quality machines. Quality machines mean that they are sturdy and effective.
2. Type of elliptical cross trainer
In front-drive elliptical cross trainers, the flywheel is positioned at the front part of the machine. In this setup, the flywheel is behind the pedals and gives you the experience of climbing the steps.
Here, you balance your body with the machine much easier.
Unlike the front-drive setup, the flywheel is designed to be ahead of the pedals in rear-drive elliptical cross-trainers. Usually, heavy elliptical machines are designed with a rear-drive setup.
They tend to be costlier than manual cross-trainers. Electric cross-trainers facilitate conveniently changing the settings and resistance levels right on the display by just tapping a button.
Thus, you don’t lose the flow of your workout.
A manual cross trainer runs when you make the movements. There are no buttons or display settings for your convenience. They are comparatively cheaper and have light features.
2.5. 2 in 1 (exercise bike + cross-trainer)
You can use this machine in both ways, like an exercise bike and cross trainer as well. You have to lower the height of the seat to turn into an exercise bike and vice-versa.
3. Select the Right Stride Length
The stride length is the maximum length your cross trainer allows the pedals to cover as you work out. It is defined as when they are at their farthest distance, which means how far they can separate from each other.
4. Maximum Weight Support
Weight support determines how much weight your elliptical cross trainer can bear. You should buy an elliptical trainer that supports weights at least 20 kg more than your current weight.
5. Position of the Flywheel
The flywheel is a very important part of an elliptical trainer that determines the durability of your machine. It’s a drive system and is designed to control the resistance levels.
When you apply pressure on the pedals, it moves and puts the machine in running mode.
6. Anti-Skid Pedals
The pedals in an elliptical trainer are designed for leg workouts and the handlebars are for arms. This way you can get intensive workouts for your whole body.
This is the benefit of using a cross-trainer that a treadmill lacks.
You should invest in anti-skid pedals to ensure complete safety.
7. Types of Handles
There are 2 types of handles: motion handles & safety handles. As the name suggests motion handles move in tandem with the pedals and thus provide the arm workout as well along with your legs.
On the opposite, safety handles don’t move and offer greater stability when you increase the speed.
8. Adjustable Resistance levels
They offer a different variety of training levels to add intensity to your workouts. The larger the no, the more versatile your elliptical trainer is!
Also, you have to spend extra money to have a larger number of resistance levels.
There are two types of resistance levels, manual and automatic. It’s good to buy an elliptical cross trainer with an auto incline if you want smoother & quiet operation.
9. Working system & mechanisms
There are two types of resistance mechanisms, mechanical & magnetic. Between both, magnetic is more comfortable and smoother.
You should choose magnetic resistance if you want your elliptical cross trainer to be long-lasting and less prone to problems.
10. Display for Stats
This is to show the exercise stats during your workouts. The purpose is to track your progress and motivate yourself.
11. Heart Rate Sensors
It measures your heart rate since an elliptical cross trainer provides a cardio workout. The heart rate sensors are generally placed on the handrails of the elliptical cross-trainer.
12. Programmes for Variety
The programmes on an elliptical machine allow you to navigate from one mode to another. Many workout programmes add variety and allow you to select levels according to your goals.
13. Warranty & Customer Support
Another important factor to check while buying an elliptical trainer is the warranty. You should know what type of warranty you are getting from the store owner.
Also check what the period of warranty is, and which parts the warranty covers. Plus whether it covers the frames, the accessories, or the entire machine.
14. Price or budget
Before deciding which elliptical you want to purchase, it may make sense to set up a rough budget. And then look for options within that range.
While you can keep your budget somewhat flexible, setting up a budget helps you zero in on options better.
15. Space of Your Home Gym
It’s essential to buy an elliptical cross trainer according to the space of your home gym. Because ellipticals come in each range from lightweight to very heavy depending upon the workout goals.
If you have less space, buying a heavy machine is going to trouble you a lot.
To get detailed knowledge, go through these 2 articles:
16. Ratings or reviews
One of the things that a person certainly must look into before buying an elliptical cross trainer is the reviews of other users of the machine.
Not only can this provide a significant amount of useful information on using the device itself, but can also help you determine whether the quality of the product is good.
You would know whether the company offers good customer service and many other things.
17. Installation services
Another factor that people consider before buying their elliptical is checking whether installation services are available for the device or not.
Therefore, if you believe that you will find it hard to set the machine up yourself, look for great customer support. It may be preferable for you to select a machine that has free installation services that come along with it.
FAQs- Best Elliptical Cross Trainer for Home Use
Before you decide to purchase the elliptical trainer of your choice, it is good to clear up some questions.
This will help you get a better idea and decide which elliptical machine you should finally buy. And you can easily finalise which is the best elliptical cross-trainer in India.
1. How is It Different From a Stationary Bike?
- The elliptical trainer works with the lower and upper body while stationary bikes work with the thighs and calves.
- The elliptical trainer allows you to effectively burn more than 15% calories as compared to stationary bikes.
- Gym cycles impact thighs, quads, buttocks, and claves while the elliptical trainer targets glutes, arms, chest, and muscles.
Elliptical trainers and stationary bikes, therefore, target different muscle groups. However, for those who want a low impact, yet effective cardio workout, an elliptical is certainly a superior choice.
2. Treadmill Vs Elliptical Trainer
- Treadmill and elliptical trainers both are popular cardio exercise machines. Anyone who has ever been to a gym has probably worked on either one of them or both.
- While the elliptical provides a combination of stepping and a walking or a running motion, the treadmill is mostly for a running or a walking motion alone.
- Both machines are effective in improving the fitness levels of the individual using them. The main point of difference between a treadmill and an elliptical is the range of motion that it offers.
- The stepping motion is usually missing on a treadmill.
- Furthermore, for those who do not want to, or cannot undertake high-impact activities, an elliptical is significantly safer given that it is less likely to put pressure on the joints and lead to injuries.
- However, if your elliptical has a cross-fit component, it also provides a more wholesome workout for the entire body.
- While a treadmill also provides a full-body workout but primarily focuses on the lower body.
- Benefits of Running: This Is Why You Should Start Running
- Treadmill vs Running: Which is More Effective for You?
- Cycling vs Treadmill: Which is Better for Weight Loss?
3. Elliptical machine vs cross trainer
Cross trainers and elliptical machines are extremely similar. And often the terms are used synonymously or interchangeably. However, there are a couple of subtle differences between the two.
- One of the first differences between the two is that while an elliptical trainer is mainly used for legs, a cross-trainer has an arm-moving component as well.
- This makes it easy for the individual to get a whole-body workout in the case of a cross-trainer. Moving bars of the cross trainer necessitates the involvement of arms during your workout.
- Elliptical machines target muscles such as the quads, glutes, calves, lower shin, and hamstrings. While cross-trainers will additionally target the triceps, biceps, abdominals, and chest.
- Another subtle difference between the two devices is the range of motion. While the elliptical machine allows you to move freely your legs in a smooth clockwise motion, a cross-trainer moves forward-backwards.
- However, to most people, this difference in motion is barely discernible.
4. What are the types of elliptical trainers?
The two main types of elliptical trainers are:
- Those with an arm motion, (which are usually referred to as cross-fit devices) and
- Those without an arm motion and with just a stepper/walking motion.
- Both are effective in providing a great workout.
- But for those who want to work the upper portion of their body too, an elliptical with an arm motion is probably a better choice.
5. What is the average weight of the user an elliptical trainer can bear?
The average weight that an elliptical trainer usually can bear is up to 120 kg. However, it is important to remember that this varies from one device to another.
And it is, therefore, important to check the maximum weight of the particular device or model that you are planning to purchase.
6. Which body part you can use for working out an elliptical trainer?
Both the upper and lower body can be trained by using an elliptical trainer.
7. Can you lose weight on an elliptical trainer?
Yes, you can certainly lose a lot of weight on an elliptical trainer. It is a holistic cardio workout, without any negative impact on the joints of the body.
8. Is it worth having an elliptical trainer at home?
For those who want a complete cardio workout from the comfort of their homes, an elliptical is a great machine choice.
It is also ideal for those who do not have the time to go to a gym, or for senior citizens or those injured.
It is also a great choice for overweight people who want to work out at their own pace from the safety and comfort of their own homes.
9. Which are the best elliptical cross trainer brands in India in 2022?
Here are the top 10 elliptical cross trainer brands in India:
Final Words: Best Elliptical Cross Trainer in India
In recent times life has become tremendously more fast-paced and work schedules are being extremely extensive. A lot of people do not have the time to go to a gym or to go out and work out every day.
Moreover, junk food is becoming more commonplace, and so are sugary beverages. Among all these, one of the things that people fail to prioritize is their physical health.
This lethargic attitude can lead not only to a variety of health problems but also to other issues. They include premature ageing and loss of muscle mass.
Therefore, it has become more important to ensure that you do not have to skip out on their workouts irrespective of what your schedule might throw at you.
It is for this reason you should choose to set up the home gym equipment, such as an elliptical or a cross-trainer at home.
More buying guides to boost your health & fitness:
- Best Air Purifiers in India (Invest in Healthy Air)
- Top Budget Smartwatches in India
- Best Multi Gym Machines for Home in India
- Dr Trust Professional Series Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter 202 (Review & My Personal Experience)