Last updated on May 13th, 2020
The secret of KARMA YOGA which is to perform actions without any fruiting desires is taught by Lord Krishna in the Bhagavad-Gita.
What is karma yoga
We all know about Karma Yoga described by Lord Krishna in Sri Bhagavad Gita. But if you don’t know, I am explaining it here.
Karma yoga means “yoga of action” which simply tells that your work is worship. You should do your work in the form of prayers. Whatever you do, do it with full devotion because you are destined for it. But do not attach yourself to its results.
Purpose of Karma Yoga
You have been appointed to fulfil your duties, and to do it with all your efforts, your role ends here. Do not worry about its fruits and its results and don’t try to control its consequences. Leave it on to God/ universe.
And, even if you keep worrying, it is just useless. Because the existence of the universe is such that its results cannot be controlled by your desires but only by the Supreme. So, what is not in your control, it is not worth giving try for either. It will only create unnecessary havoc.
It also tells, good deeds always brings good results sooner or later. If your actions are good and not hurting others, you never need to worry about their consequences. But if your actions or intentions are not good, you must have to bear the bad consequences also, sooner or later.
In short, Karma Yoga focuses on performing actions without attaching yourself to them or without worrying about their results.
A healing technique
Karma yoga is the most powerful healing technique in the world. It frees your soul from the burden of fruits of karma. It helps you to address and resolve the Karmic issues attached to the soul.
Karma Yoga says that inaction is also a form of action which with consequences and karmic impact, and the nature of the human existence is such that we are always performing actions such eating the food, sleeping, and taking bath, etc. So, we can never go in non-acting mode.
Karma Yoga teaches how to perform actions without disturbing yourself. It awakens your soul and your thoughts become powerful with heightened awareness. You know the purpose of your existence, your duties to your society, family and the Universe.
You come to know what your ultimate goal is. This makes you free of all burdens. In short, you work but you free yourself from attachments.
For depression & other mental disorders
- People who are suffering from schizophrenia, it enlightens the way. It teaches how to acknowledge their souls and their Karma, and neutralize the bad effects of it through Karma Healing.
- If a person is going through anxiety, it calms the mind which has been aggravated due to some effects of the Karma.
- If a person is going through depression, he/she occasionally feels an unknown kind of feels fears. It helps in removing negative emotions, traumatic experiences, and fears from the soul
- Improves mental health by giving stability to your emotions.
- You remain focused and you develop the ability to take correct decisions.
- You find yourself able to release the suppressed grief/ sadness from your soul.
- It makes you more sensible, compassionate and a more loving person. So, you improve the bonding and relationship with your family.
- Counters the bad effects of deeds by the ancestors or of previous births.
You can know more about it by reading Bhagavad Gita. If you do not have one, you can go to the market and can purchase, It’s available in every language.
And, you can also purchase it online.
You may also like,
- 40 positive things to say to yourself daily
- Healthy habits to improve mental health
- How to get peace of mind
- Chant these life mantras daily
- Meditation guide for beginners
- How to control your anger
- X-ray of thoughts
- Lost your peace of mind? Figure out why you are not happy
- Self-acceptance: what it means & how to achieve it
- 30 stress buster activities to help you get mental happiness
- Learn to ignore things & be happy
If you liked the article, share it with someone you care and want to see happy! Also, join me on Quora for more physical and emotional fitness related posts!