Last updated on January 31st, 2021
With the emerging trend of smartwatches, managing things has become pretty easy now. A smartwatch is a new essential accessory that lets you control the world on your wrist from counting your calories to managing app notifications. And the best part is you don’t need to compromise your style because of the different varieties companies are offering nowadays. There are different models of smartwatches for men and women. Yes, you can get multiple options to be stylish with your smartwatch because of the customizable watch faces and different sizes available for every type of wrist.
Apart from style and checking your daily activities, smartwatches help you level up your fitness efforts with their interesting sports profiles and GPS features. All the more, smartwatches are saving lives with their ’emergency contact’ & ‘warning’ features.
Here is the list with the finest combination of the most stylish and sporty smartwatches for men in India. The list has been prepared after the hours of research and based on customers’ feedback. You can buy one for you no matter whatever your budget is.
Top Smartwatches For Men
Because of different lifestyles, the goal of purchasing a smartwatch may differ from person to person and so do their needs. Therefore, I strictly recommend you to check out this extensive buying guide to smartwatches before making a buying decision.
After reading the guide, you can check out this list below. I have also added the ‘best for’ section for each smartwatch to help you pick the right one.
#1. Garmin Fenix 5X Plus Smartwatch
Garmin Fenix 5X is one of the best smartwatches available for men in India. It’s the ultimate GPS sports watch ideal for a man’s wrist due to its large yet stylish design and build. The watch is capable of quenching your thirst for rich sports features which you may not easily find in a single smartwatch out there. Gamin Fenix 5X plus stands out in the market because of its several interesting profiles, detailed maps, and faster GPS.
- Display : 1.2 inches scratch-resistant transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) display, watch face size: 51 mm, sunlight-visible
- Battery Life: Smartwatch mode: up to 20 days, Ultratrac mode: up to 3 days, GPS: up to 32 hours, GPS and Music: up to 13 hours
- Waterproof: to 10 ATM which is suitable for swimmers, pool and open water swimming, but not recommended for deep divings
- Storage: internal-16 GB, you can transfer up to 500 songs and can listen via Bluetooth headphones without carrying your smartphone
- Sensors: Optical heart rate, gyroscope, a built-in compass, accelerometer, barometric altimeter, thermometer, ambient light, and pulse Ox (with Acclimation)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 or later, ANT+, Wi-Fi
- Compatibility: Andriod 4.4 or later, iOS 10.0 or later
- Charging: USB charging cable
- OS: Propitiatory
- Its gym activity profiles, running profiles, cycling and swim profiles and other outdoor recreation profiles make it a must-have item deserving to be on the wrist of every sports lover.
- 3 satellite support: GPS+GLONASS+Galileo
- You can ensure your wellbeing now while roaming on higher altitudes as well. Pulse Ox is offering the data of your blood oxygen saturation levels so you can estimate how an increased elevation is catalyzing your output.
- With CLIMB PRO, the complete elevation data is available on your wrist which tells you the number of hills ahead, ascents, altitudes, and grades.
- With the new built-in Trendline Popularity Routing, you can get yourself aware of the best trails available in a particular area.
- Other unique features include advanced dynamics, data overlays, full-color TOPO mapping, turn-by-turn navigation., and GroupTrack and LiveTrack.
- Several interchangeable bands are available.
- Customization with Garmin Connect IQ
- Smartphone notifications
- Spotify compatible
- You get almost everything you may need in a smartwatch
- New blood oxygen measurement system
- Useful maps
- Rich sports profiles & features
- Fast and accurate GPS
- Though both men and women can use it, it may not be every woman‘s choice due to its bulky design.
Buy it if you are a sportsperson or planning to get into different sports or at least one of the sport which the watch is offering the features and guided programs for. Else you might find yourself not getting enough out of it.
Apple Watch 4 is one of the best smartwatches in India probably not the best only if you found the Apple Watch 5 more interesting due to a few of its new features like ECG app and new operating system watchOS 6. After Apple Watch Series 3, Apple updated and redesigned it and brought some premium changes.
For example, it has been equipped with the largest Apple Watch display yet. It has 40 mm or 44 mm case sizes. The 44 mm model is best suited for men’s wrists.
Some more premium features have been added to improve your health and fitness everyday than its counterparts. So, it has gained serious attention in the market. Have a look at its specifications & features:
- Display: 44 mm sized screen providing OLED display with full force touch
- Battery life: Up to 18 hours
- Waterproof: Yes, 50 meters water-resistant, swim-ready
- Storage: 16 GB
- Sensors: Improved accelerometer and gyroscope, ambient light sensor, natural language commands & dictation, command built-in electric heart rate sensor, barometer
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0 and WiFi, LTE, NFC
- Compatibility: iOS
- Charging: Wireless
- OS: WatchOS 5
- Processor: Apple S4 Chipset with 64-bit dual-core processor
- The watch is having a 44 m sized screen providing the larger & clearer 1.78-inch display.
- LTPO OLED Retina display with Force Touch
- Built-in electrical heart sensor offering the full data by notifications of low and high heart rate
- Advanced activity tracking with comprehensive features like personalized coaching, monthly challenges, activity sharing with friends & new yoga, hiking workouts. All that is right on your wrist.
- Battery life is about 1-2 days. It would require charging once a day if you use it for heavy workouts.
- There is a built-in rechargeable lithium battery.
- It is waterproof, swim-proof and dustproof.
- It is iOS compatible, packed with 16 GB memory and built-in GPS.
- The watch connects with Bluetooth & WiFi. You can use walkie talkie, make phone calls & send messages.
- With Siri shortcuts, you can connect with your favourite apps.
- New breath watch faces
- It comes with an improved accelerometer and gyroscope for fall detection.
- 1-year warranty
- Large display
- Elegant design
- Advanced alerts for cadence & pace for runners
- Haptic feedback
- High-end features
- With loudspeaker, you can receive calls
- ECG feature is currently not available in India
- Doesn’t work with Android devices
- Short battery life
Anyone with iPhone and is determined to get fit.
#3. Fitbit Versa 2
Fitbit Versa 2 has arrived in the Indian market in late September 2019. Unlike the LCD on its predecessor Fitbit Versa, the second-generation Fitbit smartwatch comes with two major improvements which is bright AMOLED touchscreen protected by Gorilla Glass 3, and Alexa integration to use a voice assistant on your watch.
- Display: 300 x 300-pixel touchscreen AMOLED, protected by Corning Gorilla glass 3, screen size 40 mm
- Battery Life: Standard usage is 5 days, Always-On mode: reduced to half
- Water resistance: Up to 50 m
- Internal storage: Can store over 300 music tracks
- Sensors: 3-axis accelerometer, optical heart rate monitor, ambient light sensor, vibration motor, altimeter, and SpO2 sensor
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, NFC
- Compatibility: Android, IOS
- Charging: USB based charging dock
- Os: Fitbits OS
- The ambient light sensor lets you fix brightness. Three options are available for screen brightness: dim, normal and max. And screen wake options are auto and manual.
- The watch has Alexa integration to use a voice assistant. You have to download the dedicated Alexa app from the store and then link your Amazon account within the Fitbit app.
- Fitbit’s SmartTrack technology offers automatic sleep tracking. You get detailed stats for each night’s sleep and can analyze your sleep duration, quality of sleep and much more. Your sleep score tells you everything.
- 24/7 heart rate monitoring. You can also see your heart rate trends and cardio fitness levels in the Fitbit app.
- Notifications for calls, texts, and apps. You can send quick replies using your voice if you are an android user.
- Store your music files to the device, with 2.5 GB memory reserved for local music storage.
- If you purchase Versa 2, you will get a 7 day free trial of Fitbit Premium. Fitbit premium is the company’s premium fitness service which helps you keep an eye on your fitness levels and improve overall health. In India, a monthly subscription fee is around Rs. 800 and the yearly subscription fee is around Rs. 7,000.
- 1-year warranty
- Stylish look, light & comfortable so you easily wear it throughout the night
- Excellent sleep tracking
- Always on display option
- Smooth interface
- Faster processor
- Fit for every wrist (both men & women)
- 100 of watch face designs choose from.
- No built-in GPS. Only connected GPS is available which means every time you go for a run, you will have to carry your phone to get location information.
- No offline Spotify support
Both men and women, fitness freaks.
#4. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
Samsung Galaxy watch active is a unisex fitness watch that keeps you ahead always. There are 4 case colors to choose from: silver, black, green & rose gold and 8 straps options.
- Display: 1.1 inches super AMOLED Always-on display with Corning Glass 3 protection
- Battery: up to 2 days
- Waterproof: up to 50 meters
- Storage: Internal- 4GB, 768MB RAM
- Sensors: Accelerometer, heart rate, barometer, gyro, ambient light
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC
- Compatibility: androids & iPhones
- Charging: wireless charging
- OS: Tizen OS 4.0
- There is Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection to keep watch scratch-free.
- Instant alerts from the heart rate sensor which can detect an abnormal heartbeat and the stress levels.
- The sleep monitor carefully tracks your 4 stages of sleep and provides full sleep data in the morning. You need to download the Samsung Galaxy Health app for this purpose.
- The watch needs one more app to function: Galaxy wear.
- Dedicated sensors to track 7 types of fitness activities
- The watch gives alert notifications if you have been inactive for a long time.
- You can also track your BP using the MY BP app.
- Samsung health app is your health companion by offering your health data on your wrist.
- You can set customizable replies to send them when your watch is charging.
- 39 built-in exercises mode
- 1-year warranty
- Lightweight design with stylish straps
- Customizable stylish watch faces
- Plenty of apps
- Only available in one dial size
- It lacks the deep integration with iOS. So, for iOS users, it may not be as much impressive as the Apple watch is.
The feminine version is also available in pink colour if you want to buy it for your sister, mother or wife.
Note: It is good for a man’s wrist though, with 4 colours available, but if you want a bigger dial, go for the bigger Samsung Galaxy watch. And also, the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 has come into the market with some new features and for a higher price. Read the reviews of both the Samsung Galaxy Watch and Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 here:
Note 2: Don’t get confused among these 3 smartwatches. If you want a bulky sporty design, Samsung Galaxy Watch is just good for you. If you wish to buy the latest version of a Samsung smartwatch, go for Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 which is not very much different from Samsung Galaxy Watch Active in features except for the display. And, if you want a unisex design with some good fitness features at an affordable price, go for Samsung Galaxy Watch Active.
#5. Fossil sport (43 mm) Smartwatch
Fossil sport is an awesome midrange option for fitness lovers. With a sporty design, it is perfect for men’s wrists. For a woman 41 mm is available. An android user may not easily find a better fitness companion with powerful chipset at this price.
- Display: AMOLED, always-on display
- Battery: 1 to 2 Days, Another way to increase battery life is to be selective about the apps
- Water proof: 5 ATM
- RAM & Storage: 4 GB Storage, 512 MB RAM
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, Heart Rate, Light, Vibration/Haptics engine, Compass/Magnetometer
- Connectivity: Bluetooth Smart Enabled / 4.2 Low Energy, Wi-Fi
- Compatibility: Android OS 4.4 & above, iOS 9.3 & above
- Wireless Charging: Inductive Charging Magnet
- OS: Wear OS by Google
- Processor: Snapdragon Wear 3100 SoC
- Stand by mode: very useful feature, it keeps the display on with time and day for another 24-48 hrs after going to battery save mode below 10%.
- Inbuilt GPS to track your runs and play music without carrying your smartphone.
- Automatically monitors your heart rate while working out from yoga to gym.
- Activity tracking: Distance, automatic, heart Rate, steps, calories consumption, sleep
- Health coaching and guided programs with GOOGLE FIT app
- With an android device, you can unlock many features
- Accelerometer and GPS help track distance well when you’re running.
- Smart notifications
- Speaker, microphone
- Google assistant
- Fast charging
- Accurate sensors
- Customizable dials
- Good community support
- Little expensive
- Short battery life
- Slow GPS
- Can track workouts for days
Men, & fitness lovers, and avid runners. For the fitness part, it’s one of the best smartwatches with plenty of pre-configured workouts available. In short, the watch is the perfect fit for those who prioritize health and fitness over anything else.
#6. Fitbit Ionic Smartwatch
- Display: 1.4 inches with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Battery life: Up to 4 days
- Water proof: Yes 5 ATM IP certified, safe for swimming
- Storage: 2.5 GB
- Sensors: GPS+GLONASS, light, accelerometer, gyro, heart rate
- Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC
- Compatibility: Android 4.4, iOS
- Charging: Charging cable
- OS: Fitbit OS
- Bright & rectangular display is visible even in sunlight.
- Both leather and plastic strap options are available. Leather strap looks attractive while plastic straps are the best for gym or workouts when you are sweating.
- A perfect watch for fitness lovers as it is suitable for weights, running, swimming, cycling, and much more.
- Inbuilt work out options
- Great GPS & heart rate monitor being more accurate & faster
- There is an automatic pause button in case you had to pause your workout to take a break, drink water or cross at some traffic lights. This is a really good feature and you can restart when you continue your workouts again.
- Pre-installed Fitbit Coach feature-packed with workouts. It is accessible from the watch.
- Swim tracking is not automatic. You have to choose ‘exercise’ from the apps.
- Dedicated bodyweight coaching sessions and you can also choose the items and pay for them using Fitbit Pay.
- 3 exciting shades available: slate blue/burnt orange, blue and grey/white, smoke grey
- 2 years warranty
- Lightweight compared to other smartwatches, fit for everyone
- Most attractive Fitbit product so far
- Can store and play 300+ songs
- Fitness features
- Slow interface
Fitness freaks. And if you are planning to Fitbit ionic, compare it with Fitbit Versa here. Go for it if you liked the design and fitness features. That’s why I put it in the last because at this range, many others are available with better features above and in this article.
7. Apple watch series 3
Apple Watch Series 3 is one of the best affordable options (for iOS users) for smartwatches in India. This watch may not be the best Apple watch because the 2 upgrades have already come into the market since its arrival. But if you don’t want to spend more and want an Apple watch, it’s still worth investing in. The price recently has been dropped.
It was the best smartwatch in the market after it arrived in the market and kept holding its position for a long time. Have a look at its features:
- Display: 1.65 inches 3D touch display
- Battery: up to 18 hours
- Waterproof: 50 meters
- Storage: 16 GB, 768MB RAM
- Sensors: Gyro, heart rate, accelerometer, barometer
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Compatibility: iPhone 6/iOS 11 or later if you are using (GPS+cellular) version
- Charging: Wireless charging
- OS: WatchOS 4.0, can be upgraded to 6.1
- Best Smartwatches In India (Buying Guide, Reviews & Comparison)
- Top Budget Smartwatches In India Under Rs. 15,000/10,000/5,000
- 7 Cheap And Best Smartwatches Under 3,000/2,000/1,000 In India
- Best Fitness Bands In India (Reviews, Comparison & Buying Guide)
The Final Word
I hope you have found the best smartwatch for you till now. You have to remember only one thing you can get a perfect smartwatch or any other fitness equipment only then if you purchase the one with a definite goal in your mind.
For example, if you are a sports person, Garmin Fenix 5X plus would be the best for you, but you can regret your decision later for buying the same if your goal is just to keep track of your daily activities. The reason is the watch is pricy and you are not going to make the best out of its sports features.
If you are not into sports and running, Fitbit Versa 2 and Fossil Sport are just perfect for you especially if you want a mid-range watch with some good features.
So, invest wisely & live smart with good smartwatch!
Also, do check out: