Last updated on July 21st, 2021
Setting up your home gym is very helpful for your fitness especially when it’s risky to go to a commercial gym due to the current pandemic. But the market is filled with different sorts of gym equipment available in all sizes, shapes, and price ranges. Hence it’s quite a daunting task to select the best home gym equipment.
This is a complete guide for how to buy the best home gym equipment online in India 2021. It defines the different types of home gym equipment, and the reviews of the best pieces of home gym equipment you need to set up your home gym on a budget.
- 20 Reasons You Should Invest in a Home Gym
- Before You Buy An exercise Equipment
- Best Home Gym in India- Home Gym Machine Reviews
- At-Home Workouts for Beginners- 15 Easy Exercises to Do at Home
Types of home gym equipment
There are various types of gym equipment available in the market. But there are 4 categories that most commonly they are divided into.
This will help you select the best home gym equipment online based on your goals.
- Warm-up equipment
- Cardio equipment/aerobic Machines
- Free Weight equipment
- Strength training equipment/ weight training machines
Note: Weight training equipment includes bodyweight, free weights, and different kinds of fixed weight machines. But free weights make their separate category due to a wide range of gym equipment covered in it.
1. Warm-up/cool-down equipment
These are the types of basic home gym equipment which are used for doing gentle exercises before and after your workout routine. These pieces of equipment usually mitigate the risk of exercise injuries your body may get during an intense workout.
The exercises performed using these fitness tools serves the purpose of preparing your body for a workout and relaxing it after a workout.
1.1. Foam roller
A foam roller is a piece of efficient warm-up equipment to include to your warm-up or cool-down routine. It is commonly used for massage.
It also helps to ease muscle pain, release stiffness and improve body flexibility. By relieving muscle soreness, foam rolling helps you to recover quickly.
Other benefits include age prevention, improving blood circulation and prevents fascia from hardening.
1.2. Gym ball (a home gym equipment to improve posture)
It often happens that we continue to sit with the wrong posture on the office chair for no. of hours. Due to this habit, we end up ruining our posture. A wrong posture badly affects our personality.
A gym ball helps you sitting up straight, and getting back on track. Therefore, you should sit on the gym ball to correct your posture and increase your fitness levels.
1.3. Ankle weight
Ankle weights are designed for workouts that target the lower body muscles like leg lifts. They help to build strength.
The primary goal to use ankle weights is in a cool-down session to heal injuries back to life. They are also used in physical rehab facilities to regain strength that people lose in an accident or sports injury.
1.4. Rubber floor mats/floor guards
There is a variety of exercises you would try in your home gym as you increase your stamina gradually. Amongst all, some definite exercises could be difficult on the joints if performed on a hard surface.
A gym/exercise mat/ rubber flooring roll provides a soft cushioned surface that absorbs the hard impact. In simple words, it saves your limbs from getting injured during high impact workouts.
2. Cardio/ Aerobic equipment/weight loss
This equipment is designed to make your heart healthy by increasing blood flow to your heart veins. Exercises performed using these exercise tools help you burn calories faster and thus aid your weight loss efforts.
These fitness equipment are comparatively expensive and fall into the mid-range price category. Choose one or a combination of two or three according to your fitness goals.
2.1. Treadmill- best home gym equipment for weight loss
If your goal is overall weight loss and burning calories faster, you must invest in a treadmill. The best treadmill for your home gym is the one that has good weight capacity, speed, and running area.
Because your whole family is going to use it, so their body measurements and goals would be different, of course!
Therefore consider investing in a sturdy, automatic, durable running machine.
- Treadmill vs Road Running: Which is Better for You?
- Cycling vs Running on a Treadmill: Which is Effective for Weight Loss?
- 15 Awesome Advantages of Running
- Mental Benefits of Running
- Is Running Everyday Good for you?
2.3. Exercise bike- best for lower body parts
You should invest in an exercise bike particularly if you want to focus on your muscles, get a low impact exercise, and reduce belly fat. It mainly targets your lower body part.
A stationary bike is a piece of good cardio equipment for those also who have knee injuries. Senior people/elderly citizens also can get a lot of benefit from a gym cycle without going outdoors.
2.4. Elliptical trainer- a low impact home gym equipment
An elliptical trainer is perfect for those who want to burn more calories like one burns on running on a treadmill but want a low impact exercise like a stationary bicycle.
Yes, the elliptical trainer is a low impact machine that allows you to burn more calories than an exercise bike but still doesn’t stress on your joints as a treadmill does.
2.5. Aerobic stepper
Aerobic stepper provides high intensity yet low impact cardio workouts without putting stress on joints. It helps you burn a lot of calories.
These aerobic step machines focus on your legs, upper body portion, core, and strength. They also help you improve your balance, coordination and stability.
The best part is you can get a step cardio machine at affordable prices.
2.6. Ab wheel home gym equipment
It has long been used to get in shape and target mainly the upper body, abs and core muscles. Ab wheel workouts are to provide good posture and physique.
The ‘ab wheel roll out’ is the most effective workout to date.
2.7. Resistance ball
Incorporate a resistance ball into your cardio workout routine to up your heart rate and burn those extra calories. Exercises like planks using a resistance ball have a good level of intensity.
Besides cardio, an exercise ball also helps improve posture, reduce restlessness, increase blood flow to the brain and thus improve your focus.
A jumping rope allows you to do the best aerobic exercises that help you burning a lot of calories, getting in shape, and developing core strength.
Skipping is rope is good for the heart and lower-impact activity than jogging. It also improves flexibility and appropriate workout for ages.
3. Free weights home gym equipment
Free weights are any strength piece of equipment that is not attached to any other gym equipment or another object. You build endurance by fighting the force of gravity on the free weight equipment unlike a cable machine or a resistance band where the source of resistance is the cable or band.
Because they are ‘free’, you can pick them up, move them, and do whatever you want to do using them!
They are great substitutes for weight machines if you want to build strength and endurance. Using free weights help increase muscle, power, strength, and bone density.
You can also burn extra calories with free weights during a general 30-minute strength training session. However, it depends upon your weight and workout duration.
There are mainly two free weights that you need for your home gym, dumbbells and barbells! But having kettlebells, medicine balls, sandbags, heck, even tires gives variety to your workouts.
Why only the equipment? You can even use things around the house as free weights. For example, a weighted backpack, a milk jug filled with water, cans, or whatever you want.
3.1. Dumbbells (the most essential home gym equipment)
Unlike machines or barbells, dumbbells give you the freedom to work each limb individually. With dumbbells, there is no such thing that both sides are working and your dominant side will take over.
Here, you can and are free to build strength in your non-dominant and weaker side as much you want.
Dumbbells are generally used for isolation exercises that involve one joint and a limited number of muscle groups. For example, shoulder press, dumbbell bench press, biceps curls, chest flyes or triceps kickbacks.
However, dumbbells can be used for full-body, different types of movements to get a variety of different strength outcomes. Now the next question comes to your mind, how many kg weight should I use?
What are my dumbbell weight requirements?
It depends on the goal of your strength-training workout.
Are you lifting weights to increase strength and endurance or for power or muscle mass? If you are training for larger muscles, you should add more weight to your dumbbells later.
If you’re a woman and lifting to increase muscle mass, you can start with dumbbells between 2.5 kg and 3.6 kg. And for men, it’s from 3.5- to 4.5 kg.
However, whatever your goal is, start like this:
Begin your session with low weight, 2 kg. And then increase the weight by 1.1 kg until you get comfortable with the exercise using this weight set. You can then go down one increment!
3.2. Barbells & weight plates
A barbell is a metal bar that is used for free weight training, powerlifting, cross-fit, and Olympic weight lifting. It’s a longer form of dumbbells and is loaded with weight plates to control the weight.
But the question is: do you need barbells for your home gym?
The answer lies in 3 factors:
- first is how strong you are,
- second which type of exercises you have added to your workout regime,
- and the third is your budget.
Talking about the exercises, if you have to do exercises such as the squat, deadlift, bench press, shoulder press, bent over barbell rowing, you can either use dumbbells or can do in the traditional way using the plate-loaded barbell.
Generally, you don’t need to buy heavy barbells for your home gym for your workouts.
But barbell could be the most important item for your gym if you’re a strong woman/man or competitive powerlifter or wish to do some compound movements. Because they don’t give the same outcome with dumbbells as they do when done with barbells.
Barbells are also great because they let you lift heavier weights. After all, both sides of your body are working at the same time.
Types of barbells
Here you might get confused about the types of barbells. There are several types of barbells but there are mainly two types of them.
- Standard barbell
- Olympic barbell
Some other types are smith machine, EZ curl bar, cardio bar. Smith machine is technically not a barbell. It holds a light bar within it and slides up and down within a fixed axis. It’s not for increasing strength but for some specific purpose like toning up specific leg muscles.
One more thing to remember is some of them can get loaded with weights while some others of them already come loaded with plates and aren’t adjustable.
The only disadvantage of using barbells is your dominant side often takes over since both sides of your body are engaged.
For example, if you are a leftie, your left arm would engage more while performing an overhead press or bicep curls. Therefore it’s recommended to buy a mix with dumbbells & barbells.
As a beginner, you can go with plates like 2 sets of 5 kg, 1 set of 10kg, 1 set of 15 kgs. Barbell size could be 1 Olympia size and 1 curl barbell.
Kettlebell is comparatively new and these are the most important free weights for your home gym after dumbbells. You can replace kettlebells with dumbbells and kettlebells to build strength and muscles, but they are more than that.
Unlike barbells and dumbbells, kettlebells lay more emphasis on power other than building strength and muscle mass. Thus you can get more variety with kettlebells like power, strength, lean muscles, endurance, and even cardio.
The only downside is you would need an instructor online or offline to get good at them.
The popular exercises with kettlebells are, Kettlebell Single-leg Deadlift, Single-arm Deadlift, Kettlebell Swing changing Hands, Kettlebell Single Handed Swing
3.4. Medicine balls
If you are serious about aerobic activities, you can’t ignore medicine balls for your home gym. They are great for giving you better balance, combination and a stronger body.
They also add variety to your workouts. These are the weighted balls and are available in every weight between 1-11 kgs or more to fulfil your different workout needs.
For home workouts, they are superb. You can use them for almost any exercise that can be done with dumbbells, kettlebells, or barbells.
3.5. Resistance bands and tubes
Resistance bands are used to create resistance in exercises. You can use them in multiple ways to perform different types of workouts. From bicep & tricep curls to ab exercises, they can be used for many types of arms, legs, back, and chest exercises.
You should add them to your home gym. As they are the most affordable home gym equipment, easy to carry, and also provide versatility.
Resistance bands can be categorized as either of the two, free weights or cable machines. Or you can just make their new category because they are versatile enough to stand alone.
Resistance bands often come in different colours to denote the amount of tension they facilitate. So they cost different. You can invest from rs. 200 to 800 in them.
3.6. Adjustable bench home gym equipment
An adjustable bench is a piece of very useful equipment if you can afford it. It also saves you thousands of rupees.
Let me explain to you how it works and can save your pocket:
For example, you want to do incline workouts like bench press, incline bench abs or lying dumbbell tricep extensions or rear dumbbell fly, you can adjust the one bench and do all these three workouts.
Similarly, for decline workouts such as decline bench press, decline leg raises or sit-ups for abs, or decline bench dumbbell fly, you can again use the same bench.
An adjustable bench would replace the requirement of an incline bench, a decline bench and a flat bench. It can be used for all 3 bench exercises.
Hence it saves your pocket and also the space in your home gym!
Consider investing in an exercise ball if you can’t afford it. But my recommendation is if you have the budget only to invest only in one big item, it should be an adjustable bench.
3.7. Pull up bar (a home gym equipment for better push-ups)
You can leave it or try to buy it only if you have a sturdy frame on your door for support.
I included them in this list because it is very affordable. And it can help you make your push-ups much easier by making them easier on your wrists.
Pull-ups is a very essential part of your workout routine. Every gym-goer or fitness freak add it to their workout regime. And a pull-up bar makes your pull-ups exercise better and much easier and effective.
4. Weight training equipment/machines
Apart from free weights explained above, there is also a separate category of weight training equipment known as fixed weight machines, cable machines, and home gym stations.
It’s in contrast to free weights. Here the force you’re working against can move in a limited number of directions unlike dumbells and other free weight home gym equipment.
And with non-free-weight equipment, you’re more likely to gain resistance from that machine and not from gravity. For example, if you are working with cable machines, the source of resistance is the cable itself.
Weight training machines don’t provide more freedom of movement with most of the exercises. You have to bend at your limbs and everything else is just fixed.
To know the types of weights machines and other home gym machines, go through this article:
17 Best Pieces of Home Gym Equipment in India 2021 (Reviews, Brands & Price)
Here is the best home gym equipment list to buy online in India which you should check out online to boost your fitness efforts.
1. Powermax Fitness TDA/TDM-111
Powermax Fitness TDA/TDM-111 is a mid-range, automatic, and portable cardio home gym equipment which is ideal for family use.
It is equipped with pretty good features. The treadmill is having a quiet DC green efficient motor with the power of 2.0 HP.
With 15 level auto incline and 12 preset workout programs, your whole family can run on it, do intense workouts and burn extra calories daily.
The maximum supported weight is 110 kgs, and the speed is 0.8 o 14 km/hr. Its wide running area of 49.2 x 16.7 inches is sufficient for people of every height.
There is also a 5″ Blue LCD to track your stats. it comes with a lifetime frame Warranty, 3-Year Warranty on the motor, and 1-Year on Parts & Labor.
For more options and to buy the best home gym equipment online in India for weight loss, read:
- Best Treadmills in India (Reviews & Buying Guide)
- Top Budget Treadmills under 20,000 in India
- Best Manual Treadmill in India
2. PowerMax Fitness BS-150 Spin Bike
This PowerMax spin bike is another cardio/aerobic piece of equipment from one of the best gym equipment brands Powermax. You should invest in this stationary bicycle if you want an overall body exercise keeping it low impact.
It’s made of steel and has a good rating on Amazon. This cardio equipment has max weight support of 110 kg and comes with an adjustable, comfortable and cushioned seat.
The bike is equipped with a Heavier Flywheel of 8 kg, works on the belt drive system and adjustable the mechanical resistance.
It also has wheels for easy transportation and a 1-Year Manufacturer Warranty.
For a specific purpose, go through this article:
3. Cardio Max JSB HF151 Elliptical Cross Trainer (Heavy Duty)
Having a knee injury or severe joint pains and wanting to burn more calories? You’re recommended to check out this low impact home gym equipment, Cardio Max JSB HF151 Elliptical Cross Trainer.
It is a piece of perfect cardio equipment from a very renowned home gym equipment brand, Cardio Max and manufactured by JSB, one of the leading Indian gym equipment brands based in Delhi.
The key features of this elliptical machine are:
- 6 kg flyweight for smoother workouts
- Max weight capacity is110 kg
- 8 level tension controller
- Provides full-body cardio workout
- Non-skid foot pedals with adjustable foot straps
- LCD to show metrics
- 1 Year JSB National Warranty
- Best Elliptical Cross Trainer in India (Reviews & Buyer’s Guide)
- Compare Welcare Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6044 with Best Cross Trainers in India
- Elliptical Workouts for beginners: 3 Best Cross Trainer Workout
- Cockatoo CE03Advance Smart Series Elliptical Review
- Afton FX-100 Elliptical Trainer with 130 kg User Weight
- Sole SE95E Elliptical Review India (+Comparison)
- Exercise Cycle vs Elliptical Cross Trainer: Which is the Best?
4. Kobo – AS-0 Aerobic Stepper
People with knee disorders wanting low impact affordable cardio equipment should buy this cardio home gym equipment, Kobo- AS-0 step machine.
The key features are:
- 2 risers (ignore the product description)
- It has two heights – 10 cm & 15 cm to increase and decrease the level of workout
- Lightweight and sturdy
- Ideal for around up to 90 kg person
- No-slippery, shock-absorbent surface
- Safe grip
5. Pummelo Foam Roller (a warm-up home gym equipment)
This warm-up/basic home gym equipment is great for releasing muscle tension after the workout and increasing the range of motion before starting. It will also help you prevent injuries during your workout sessions.
The key features are:
- 2 rollers, outer grid roller and the softer inner roller
- The grid roller is great for a cool-down workout. Use it for 5 mins after your workout session to break lactic acid formation in your muscles
- The soft and inner roller is for a warm-up session. It is for a gentle massage to relieve muscle soreness.
- Portable and lightweight
- Made of plastic
6. Rylan Anti Skid Double Wheel Ab roller
If you need any equipment for your abs and core muscles, this Rylan anti-skid ab wheel is an excellent choice. When you’re trying hard to get those “6-pack abs”, this home gym equipment will aid you in getting faster results.
- It comes with two non-skid wheels that target abdominal muscles evenly.
- Comes with a soft premium knee pad that guards your knees against the pain you get by grinding on floors during a workout.
- Equipped with a rubber grip design that enhances friction and avoids slipping.
- Portable and available in multi colours.
- You get 2 AB Wheels, 1 Steel Bar with Foam Handles, and 1 EVA Knee Mat.
7. DIABLO Rubber Medicine Ball
It is a very versatile home gym equipment that is meant to fit any exercise routine including ball throws, squats, trunk twists, sit-ups and presses.
Improve your endurance, core strength, balance, and coordination.
- Diablo medicine ball is available in a variety of weights to choose from, hence suitable for each type of user from beginner to advanced trainers.
- Available in different colours.
- Comes with a superior grip.
- It is soft due to its INFLATABLE filling.
8. Protoner Adjustable Dumbbells
When we talk about building the home gym, the first thing that comes in the mind is a set of good quality free weights. A dumbbell is an essential piece of free-weight equipment for your home gym.
Protoner 10kg Adjustable Dumbbells are super affordable and premium quality dumbbells from the most popular home gym equipment brand Protoner based in India.
The key features are:
- You will get a 2 x 15″ dumbbell rod, 4 x 2.5 kgs plates for different level workouts such as hand exercises and lifting.
- There are free accessories along with this home gym set: gym bag, skipping rope, hand gripper, pair of gloves, sweatbands.
- Ideal For: Boys, Men, Senior, Junior
9. AmazonBasics Vinyl Kettlebell
This kettlebell from AmazonBasics will help you build more power. You can leave it if your main goal is just building muscles mass. But you should invest in this home gym equipment if want to lay more emphasis on power other than building strength.
The key features are:
- Vinyl-coated iron The kettlebell has a thick Vinyl coating that reduces noise and guards the floor.
- For various levels of fitness training, it is available in different no. of weights ranging from 4.5 KGS to 27.2 KGS.
- There are different colours to indicate different type of weights.
- Comfortable & secure grip.
- Designed for a variety of training programmes such as squats, lunges, cardio, agility training, and endurance.
- Textured handle for a secure grip.
- Good ratings.
10. Kore Bars and Ab Strap Combo
This home gym equipment combo is very affordable with one pull up bar, ab straps, and parallel grips. Consider buying it if you have framed on your door.
This home gym equipment is ideal for strengthening your back, shoulders, arms, biceps, lats, abs, and the muscles of another upper body part. You can do pull-ups, push-ups, chin-ups, and crunches.
The key feature is:
- Length of the fixed pillar: 20 inches, top rod length: 38 inches.
- Padded foam grips are for the comfort of your hands.
- Uses 3 grip positions, narrow, wide, and neutral.
- The material used is heavy-duty steel that has a black powder coating to protect it against rust & corrosion.
- Easy installation.
- Made in India.
11. Kore PVC 16-30 Kg Home Gym (+1 three Ft Curl)
This barbell set from the popular home gym equipment brand, Kore PVC is efficient for weight training. Please ignore it if you don’t have a budget, and replace it with dumbbells for your home gym.
But if you’re a strong powerlifter wishing to do more compound movements, invest in it along with weight plates (reviewed next in the list) without a second doubt.
The key features are:
- 16 kg of weight plates (8 plates with 2 kg each)
- 1 curl rod (3 feet)
- 2 dumbbell rods (14 inches each)
- Pure leather gym gloves
- One Gym backpack along with 1 Skipping Rope and 1 Hand Gripper
- Sturdy and durable
Also, check out:
Aurion Solid Chrome Barbell Bar (26 mm thick)
AURION 20 kg Vinyl Plates
Hashtag Fitness Leather Home Gym Set
12. ALLYSON FITNESS Adjustable Weight Bench
As you know, an adjustable bench is a must-have piece of equipment for your home gym especially if you’re serious about weight training. Therefore invest in this adjustable bench.
This fitness adjustable bench is made in India, manufactured by Allyson Fitness, a growing home gym equipment brand based in Bangalore, India.
The key features are:
- Made of high-quality steel
- You can adjust the bench according to your workouts. It can be inclined, declined and also used as a flat bench.
- Comes with one year warranty.
13. FEGSY Resistance Bands Set
This home gym equipment set is made in India. They are super affordable and an essential piece of equipment for your home gym.
Choose one or multiple resistance bands in combination according to your training requirements such as muscle strength, coordination, flexibility, and stamina.
The key features are:
- Made of high-quality natural latex that has got all the perfection. This latex used makes the resistance bands set perfect being eco-friendly and highly elastic.
- Comes in different colours (assigned to indicate the different resistance).
- There are 5 different coloured bands. The yellow band is to create 4.5 kg resistance, similarly green for 7 kg, red for 9 kg, blue for 11kg and a black band to create 13 kg resistance.
- Resistance tubes for making your workouts more versatile like CrossFit training, yoga, pilates and many others.
- Has reinforced buckles and door anchors for safe and versatile workouts.
14. Aurion Skipping-Rope
This is the lightweight, affordable, and low impact workout equipment for the home gym. You must buy it for aerobic exercises.
The key features are:
- Designed with light-weighted handles that don’t put much stress on your arms. Ir results in doing more jumps.
- Comfortable grip even your palms have sweat.
- Ideal for all sorts of people, be it, men and women, adults and kids.
- You can do almost any workout using it, also boxing and CrossFit.
15. Kobo AC-62 Puzzle Exercise Mat
The key features are:
- Non-skid textured tiles are made of high-quality foam that provides cushioned support.
- It is water-resistant and comes with a noise-reducing design.
- Lightweight and durable
- Easy to assemble and clean.
16. Aurion Filled Heavy Punch Bag
The bags are designed to burn calories and build muscles, strength and endurance. This punching bag is from the popular Indian sports and home gym equipment brand, Aurion.
17. AURION Wrist/Ankle Weights
The key features are:
- Helps tone your body while going hands-free. Just wear them while doing your household chores.
- Available in a variety of sizes to choose from.
- Burn calories and thus improve cardio health.
How to make a home gym on a budget
1. Multiple pieces of equipment vs all-in-one/multigym machine
Go for multiple pieces of home gym equipment if:
- You have set a specific goal like weight loss, cardio, or a certain muscle group. For example, if your goal is weight loss, you should invest in a treadmill. And then buy another category of affordable home gym equipment like a resistance band, dumbbells, or a medicine ball to add variety.
- You have a spacious place.
- Your budget is not big.
Choose all in one home gym machine if:
- You have a big budget.
- There are multiple users.
- Your main goal is to build strength and muscles.
- There is a short space.
2. Determining your goals
2.1. For beginners and basic Workouts
If you’re just starting and your goal is general weight loss, getting in shape, toning your legs, you don’t need to buy heavy home gym equipment.
Consider a machine like that is a combo of a few weight plates, a bar, an aerobic stepper, and dumbbells. If your goal is weight training, in particular, invest in an adjustable bench.
You can also invest in separate multiple pieces of equipment like a treadmill along with a few dumbbells and resistance bands to reduce weight as well as improve your posture.
2.2. Middle-intensity training
If you want to go deeper into strength training in addition to basic muscle building, you should look for home gym equipment in India that is an exercise set or home gym set of good quality dumbbells, barbells, kettlebells, and weight plates.
Also, buy a good quality weight bench. An adjustable weight bench is better.
2.3. High-intensity training (advanced level)
Here you need to step up your investment level if your goal is advanced training and extra strength building. These heavy home gym equipment are expensive but worth the money.
A home gym in one machine work best for extensive trainers. Plus you can invest in one place and don’t need to purchase multiple gym equipment.
Buy a home gym/multi-gym that has extra weights and two or more weight stacks or comes with the facility where extra weights can be stacked later.
Also, don’t forget to buy an adjustable weight bench and a pull-up bar for variety.
3. Requirements of gym
There are several factors you need to consider before installing your home gym. They all have covered in the following article:
4. Home gym accessories
These accessories are not necessary but it’s good to have them if you have the budget. So choose them accordingly.
4.1. Smartwatch/fitness band
A smartwatch is your best health companion that can track your daily activities and keeps you fit. A smartwatch/fitness band is more versatile than just being an activity tracker.
They are coming with several exercises modes, workout programs, and app support which really can help you in your gym. And don’t worry you can get one within your budget.
Check out these articles:
- Top Premium Smartwatches in India (Comparison & Buying Guide)
- Best Budget Smartwatches in India
- Best Fitness Watches in India for Men
The gym is not a clean place. You do workouts and release sweat. It makes you catch viruses, infections, and other dirty stuff.
Having a sanitiser is a good idea to avoid the disgusting stuff.
4.3. Workout clothes
They are designed to stay comfortable during sessions. There are also sweat-resistant clothes that help you when you’re sweating a lot in the gym.
One other advantage is they improve your range of motion.
4.4. Sports shoes
Gym shoes ensure that you are performing the workouts with your full physical capacity.
4.5. Water bottle
You need to drink water between your workout sessions during break time. You should take a water bottle along with you to the gym.
Weight lifting gloves come with a cushioned layer that protects your fingers, skin, and provides a better grip.
This is to wipe your face or sweaty equipment.
If you live in a polluted area like Delhi, you can’t keep the windows open. In that case, buying an AC becomes an essential accessory for your home gym.
Otherwise, you should leave it if the air in your surroundings is fresh.
4.9. Air freshener
The good aroma of an air freshener lifts your mood and you become more enthusiastic about improving fitness.
When you see yourself in mirrors, it shows your progress. Moreover, many such exercises require more movements. And you want to see yourself in the mirrors doing those moves.
Thus, mirrors in your home gym improve your performance.
The proper lighting is an essential gym accessory to keep your energy levels high. Also, dim light can cause injuries if there is heavy equipment.
4.12. Music System
It lifts your moods and you don’t get bored. However, if you have a smartphone or smartwatch, you are probably not going to need this.
Final Words on Home Gym Equipment
When you install your gym at home, it’s very important to buy the right kind of equipment. But, how do you know what is right home gym equipment for you as a beginner?
I have seen many people end up investing in the equipment they are not going to use much or in the equipment that is not needed to complete their goals.
My final recommendation is to know your goals before you buy a piece of gym equipment for home use. I hope this guide helps you make the right buying decision! 🙂
The articles to level up your fitness level more effectively:
- 100 Healthy Weight Loss Tips
- 40 Fitness Tips for Women
- 31 Health & Fitness Hacks
- 10 False Fitness Tips to Unfollow
- 15 Natural Ways to Boost Immunity
- Coway Air Mega 150 Review: Best Coway Air Purifier