Last updated on January 27th, 2022
Unable to wake up early? Read the benefits and techniques so you can train yourself to wake up early.
Benefits of waking up early in the morning
- It improves your mental health because you spend time with nature.
- Boosts your productivity.
- Makes you creative.
- You become more organized.
- You have a few more quality hours of morning time in your day.
- Practising yoga, meditation and exercise in the morning keep you fresh the whole of the day.
How to wake up early in the morning
1. Go to bed early to wake up early
For getting up early in the morning, you must go to bed early. Otherwise, you would hamper your health. Try these techniques to sleep early:
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Set aside your smartphone and gadgets at least one hour before bedtime
- Try sleep meditation
- Listen to soothing music
- Don’t read anything thrilling or exciting before sleeping
- Chant Om
- Eat light meal after 7.00 PM
- Use a sleep eye mask
- Lower the temperature of the room
- Drink herbal teas. they help you sleep fast.
2. Set a routine for every night
To make your mind habitual to a specific routine, make one. Setting a specific routine will make you sleep on time.
For example, I walk before sleeping. Without it, my mind doesn’t let me sleep. Whether it is 8.00 PM OR 10.00 PM, if I walk, I feel sleepy right after walking.
If you hesitate to go outdoors for running or other exercises, order some fitness equipment and a treadmill.
3. Set the alarm
Set the alarm and put it across the room. You will have to leave the bed to switch it off. Set a relaxing alarm tone, so your day starts with positivity.
An activity tracker would help you here. So, you can buy a fitness band for yourself. Don’t worry, they come at affordable prices. You can check here:
4. Set snooze to adjust your body
Some people may not find it useful. But it is helpful for me because snoozing lets me adjust my mind and body to come out of sleep.
I prepare myself for the morning daily routine.
5. Go slowly (the powerful mantra to wake up early)
If you are a night owl, you will encounter many excuses, difficulties, and weaknesses to wake up early.
So, don’t be hard on yourself! Go slowly!
For example: if you wake up at 8.00 AM, set your alarm for 7.30 AM for the first week or till you get habitual to this time. Later you can set it at 7.00 AM, 6.30 AM and so on.
6. Spend time with nature when you wake up early
This is the reason, I wake up early in the morning and trained myself to be an early bird so that I can see the beauty of nature.
Watching the sunrise gives me new hope. It feels I have wasted my day if I miss out on the chirping of birds, ringing bells of the temple, cool breeze, and other stress buster activities that happen around me.
7. Do something that excites you
Everyone has a list of some good habits or things or foods that excite him/her very much. So, do these things in the morning after waking up.
Make a list of things that you love.
For example, some people love tea, some love doing exercise and many others love reading a book or novel.
8. Exercise in the morning
For some people like me, exercise is a brain booster.
Tune in to some uplifting music, get on the treadmill and your brain will not trick you to go back to your bed.
9. Wash your face with water
After 15 minutes of getting up from the bed, the first essential thing you should do is wash your face with water.
It fills you with energy and makes your mind fresh.
10. Set your morning routine
It helps a lot. Your mind knows your routine and it gets habitual to this routine.
So, It doesn’t trick you to sleep again when the alarm rings to wake you up.
11. Make your mornings free
If you leave a list of pending works for the morning, you will always find it difficult to wake up early.
Because it kills your excitement of becoming an early bird.
12. Listen to music, sleep early, & wake up early
It works for me. After getting up from the bed, I tune in to my favourite playlist of some soothing tracks.
It retains my excitement and makes yoga and other exercises entertaining for me.
Music drifts my mind away from the thoughts of sleeping again (check).
13. Relax your mood before going to sleep
You must have heard about quality over quantity. If your goal is to wake early every morning, you must take a sound sleep. Even a 6-hour sound sleep is better than an 8-hour poor sleep.
For sound sleep, you should refrain from social media at least 1 hour before your bedtime. Do not indulge in anything that excites you before sleeping.
For a sound sleep, you can try listening to some soothing music, chanting om or meditation.
14. Let go of your night owl thoughts
Don’t think that you are a night owl, you can not wake up early or it’s not your thing, etc.
These excuses are for nothing but stopping you from becoming an early riser.
15. Find your motive behind waking up early
If everything fails to work, refind the main motive behind waking up early?
Do you want to wake up early to make the most out of your day or is there something else?
Once you are clear with your motive, you will find a motivation too.
16. Troubleshoot why you fail to wake up early
Every person in this world has their own sets of weaknesses. Similarly here, find your weakness which is hindering your goal of becoming an early bird.
Once you find it, you can work on it properly.
17. Find a good quality mattress
- Best Orthopedic Mattress in India for Back Pain
- Reviews of Best Latex Mattresses in India Buying Guide)
- Top Mattresses in India (Reviews)
You may also like,
- Lost Your Peace of Mind? Figure Out Why You Are Not happy.
- How to Improve Yourself Every day & Why You Should
- 43 Productive Things To Do At Home (Curb Stress In A Creative Way)
- 7 Yoga Poses to Improve Mental Health
- Best Zero Gravity & Full Body Massage Chair in India
If you liked the article, share it with someone you care about and help them stay healthy and in shape!