Last updated on July 23rd, 2022
Are you planning to buy an elliptical cross trainer in the budget? Here’s my review of the Welcare Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6044 I purchased online from Amazon under rs. 20000.
Here’s the detailed video review of Welcare Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6044.
However, if you’re happier with the reading, here’s it in written form.
The Features that Attracted Me the Most
to buy Welcare Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6044 were:
- Brand popularity
- It works both as a cross trainer and exercise bike
- Overall customer ratings on e-commerce sites
- It runs without electricity
- This elliptical cross trainer has 8 levels of manual control
- Provides full-body workout
Note: You can also buy the latest model Welcare WC 6066 Elliptical Cross Trainer if WC6044 is unavailable. I have added the comparison of both models later in the article.
Check the latest budget-friendly model Welcare WC6066 Elliptical Cross Trainer:
Why do You Need to Buy an Elliptical Cross Trainer?
There are numerous reasons you should invest in a good elliptical cross trainer. Here are a few in brief:
- Maintaining a fit and healthy body should not be that difficult. Get yourself an elliptical cross trainer to assist you in achieving a toned physique.
- It helps you enhance several muscle groups and implement a detailed workout at home daily.
- An elliptical cross trainer allows you to train your upper and lower body simultaneously.
- It helps you burn many calories and thus aids in significant weight loss.
- Your daily cardio activity partner
Similar articles on Elliptical Cross Trainer:
- 3 Best Cross Trainer Workouts for Beginners
- Elliptical Trainer vs Exercise Cycle: Which is the best?
And, if you want to know the difference between an elliptical machine and an elliptical cross trainer or if you’re still confused about why you should invest in an elliptical cross trainer, you can read this article:
Or you can simply keep reading the article.
Why Choose Welcare Elliptical Cross Trainer?
Welcare is the leading fitness equipment company based in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. The company specialises in manufacturing from heavy home gym equipment to fitness equipment accessories.
Their products are reliable and have good ratings on Indian e-commerce sites. Besides it, they have the advantage of word-of-mouth marketing as well. I heard their customer service is also good.
Coming to their elliptical trainer, I found them in my budget while being rich in functionality. Although, there are other brands too like Cockatoo, Reach, and Aerofit that manufacture good elliptical trainers.
It’s all about choice! I decided to buy an elliptical cross trainer from Welcare only. However, if you’re not satisfied, you can try to check out this list:
Welcare Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6044 Price & Installation
It is priced at around rs. 17k-19k on all e-commerce sites in India. On Amazon, it’s about rs. 17k. I also tried to order from other sites, but they were charging a shipping fee to my address. So, I ended up buying from Amazon India only.
Note: Also check out the latest model Welcare WC 6066 Elliptical Cross Trainer if WC6044 is unavailable. To know the similarities, head over to the section “Welcare WC 6066 vs WC6044” further in the article.
Check Welcare WC6066 Elliptical Cross Trainer:
The facility of installation
of different parts of the above product is provided by the company itself. The standard installation is done at a service charge of ₹ 750.
Either the individual will come at your door to do the assembling session or they will guide you via live video session, with the help of which you will be installing it.
The company claims that the task will be performed within a day or two (36 hours) from the delivery date. But you need to contact the customer care number for further details.
This is correct!
We had to call their customer care no. for the installation. They promised to make us avail of the installation facility within 36 hours. The installation guy came on the third day. He was very polite and did the installation within 30 mins.
The service charge was rs. 750. While he was at home, the company called us for a review of the service and assured us of providing help anytime if we need.
WC6044 Cross Trainer Warranty
Warranty: 1 year of warranty provided on the product.
Welcare Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6044 Features
1. Dual functionality
My no. 1 reason to order it was that it works as both an exercise cycle and cross-trainer. When I get tired of walking on the cross trainer I sit back and relax and switch to cycling mode.
While cycling you can increase the tension manually to increase the intensity of your workout.
2. Tension Control
The new 8 levels of manual magnetic defiance control authorize you to modify your workout intensity skillfully.
It can be divided into certain levels which are:
- 1-3 casual mode,
- for levels 4-6:- strength training mode,
- and the last 7-8 level suits for bodybuilding mode.
It refers to how far the pedals are from each other during the workout. If it’s short, you will feel very uncomfortable. Especially, when you have long legs, it would be very uneasy for you to work out.
But Welcare WC6044 has a stride length of 14”. This huge size enables your workout to run smoothly. This is perfect for almost every user in India. It also reduces the impact on your knees.
4. Hand pulse sensor
A Convenient hand pulse pad on the handrails permits easy measurement of heart rate. A built-in, dual grip monitor keeps you in your target zone for goal-specific workouts.
The flywheel refers to the drive system of a cross-trainer. It moves when you start pedalling. Its weight is directly proportional to the smooth functioning of the elliptical.
Welcare WC6044 elliptical has a 5 kg flywheel. It also has a two-way rotational process that boosts the quickness of your pace, reducing the effect on your knees.
6. Adjustable seat
The vertical seat can be adjusted as per the user’s height. There is a knob that you can use to increase or decrease the height of the seat according to your height.
7. Maximum weight
This machine is designed out of a reliable and high-quality metal that can support the maximum weight of 90 kg.
The oversized pedals of the above product are constructed to be non-slippery for one to be stable and comfortable riding on them.
It comes with transport wheels underneath so that it can be carried easily from one place to another at your convenience.
The motor type is rear-drive.
11. Screen for Stats
An LCD screen presents the speed of the track, time, distance covered, scan, heart rate, and the number of calories burnt.
The product’s design is very compact and thus gets adjusted in minimum space.
13. Full body workout
This effectively works upon your biceps, abdominal muscles, chest muscles, elbow joint, haunch, and knee joint.
14. Noise-free operations
Make minimum noise because of magnetic tension. You don’t need electricity.
15. No electricity
2 AA batteries are required to run this product, and the product does not run on electricity.
Why do We Recommend Welcare Cross Trainer WC6044?
- This product is highly recommended for home use.
- The quality of the product has been maintained at high class.
- Low sound while the product is underuse.
- The area of the paddle is big enough to feel comfortable on it.
- A premium quality product for beginners at a reasonable price.
- Installation service is provided by the company. Yet, a user manual is provided with the help of which you can assemble on your own.
- Good for the kids as well because the wheel of this elliptical cross trainer is coated with a strong plastic cover. So if their legs get stuck, there is nothing to fear about.
- Withstands heavy use.
- Good customer service.
Reasons It Might Not Be Suitable For You
- The weight of the flywheel is less if you’re heavier above 100 kgs.
- You might feel comfortable with the cycle if you’re short below 5’4″. Because you need to lean forward to get the grip of the handle while cycling which makes the experience a little uncomfortable.
- Some users say that once installed, this product needs servicing every 4 months (additional costs) to allow it to run well. But my experience is different. We purchased it in November 2020 and it’s still working fine today after 7 months. And my whole family of 4 people use it daily in the morning for at least about 15 mins.
- The greasing of the moving parts needs to be done yearly.
- A full cycle motion is less than what you get from a usual cycling machine from an esteemed manufacturer.
It’s Perfect for You If:
- You want a weight loss machine that doesn’t run on electricity.
- It is best for you if you are in want of managing your weight and diabetes.
- You want to do quick workouts in the budget under rs. 20,000.
- You need a machine to do a full-body workout.
- Your height is between 5 feet to 5’10”. It’s suitable for kids too under 5 feet.
- You’re looking for a cross trainer and not necessarily an exercise cycle. If you specifically want an exercise cycle, you have other better options here carefully selected for your different goals: Best Fitness Cycles in India (+Buying Guide)
Other Best Welcare Elliptical Cross Trainer Comparison with WC6044 Cross Trainer
1. Welcare WC 6066 vs Welcare Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6044
You can also order WC 6066 if WC6044 is unavailable. Both models are very similar while the WC6066 model is the latest.
The key differences:
- WC6066 model is slightly heavier than the latter one
- WC6044 takes more space rather than WC6066
- The latest model is around 1K costlier than Welcare WC6044
- Difference in colour
2. Wecare metal Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6020 vs WC6044
The key differences:
- Cross Trainer WC6020 has a 10 kg flywheel which means smoother workouts and faster speed. While WC6044 has 5 kg of flywheel but it’s enough for home use and also comes at a reasonable price.
- Welcare Elliptical model WC6020 has cushioned seats helping you find the perfect fit while the other one is using a basic seat.
- WC6044 doesn’t have a dual grip monitor like the former one.
- Welcare metal Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6020 has a stride length of 18 inches while the WC6044 has 14 inches.
- Welcare Metal Elliptical cross trainer comes at a reasonable price of under 20,000 (around 17,000) while the price of the WC6020 model is around 39,000.
- Both have an exercise cycle and have the same supported weight suitable for a 90 kg person.
3. Welcare Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6010 vs WC6044
The key differences:
- In Welcare Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6010, the seat can be adjusted both horizontally & vertically while the WC6044 seat can be adjusted only vertically.
- WC6010 flywheel is 9 kg, and WC6044 is 5 kg.
- WC6044 stride is 14 inches, WC6010 stride length is 16 inches
- Both have 8 levels of magnetic manual control
- Welcare Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6010 price is around 30,000, a difference of around 12,000
4. Welcare WC 6011 vs Welcare Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6044
The key differences:
- Both have vertical seat adjustment and 8 levels of manual tension control
- Welcare WC6011 have a 6kg flywheel while another model has a 5 kg
- The price difference in both is about 10,000
5. WELCARE Front Driven Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6081EC vs WC6044
- 8 kg flywheel
- 10 levels of manual magnetic resistance control
- Max supported the weight of 120 kg
- Price is around thrice of Welcare Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6044
Final Words on Welcare Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6044
For those who are willing to reduce their weight, the Welcare Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6044 is best for them. Also, the price is quite good considering the features it offers.
A good diet along with a regular workout on the elliptical cross trainer can provide you with prominent results in time (source).
If you have any questions in your mind, you can ask me in the comment section below! 🙂
Check the price of Welcare Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6044 here:
Note: You can also buy the latest model Welcare WC 6066 Elliptical Cross Trainer if WC6044 is unavailable. Both the models are very similar while the WC6066 model is new and comparatively a bit costlier; at a price of around 19k.
Check the price of Welcare WC6066 Elliptical Cross Trainer here:
If your weight is above 90 kg and your budget is under 20,000, check out this Cockatoo elliptical cross trainer with 120 kg user weight:
A mid-budget elliptical trainer with 130 kg user weight:
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty elliptical cross trainer with high performance:
Aerofit is one of the most trusted elliptical brands in the market. If you like this Aerofit cross trainer, you should check out this list as well:
Some Important Suggested Reads
Trying to lose weight?
Here are some more cardio activity-related articles you might be interested in:
If you’re planning to set up your home gym, these articles would be of much help:
Fitness equipment reviews to help you set up a home gym or enhance your fitness efforts:
- Top Multi Gym Machine for Home in India
- Best Treadmill Brands in India for Home Use (+ Buying Guide)
This is not a sponsored post. I didn’t get any sponsorship fee for reviewing this cross-trainer. Neither did the brand approach me for it. This is my honest review only. I love investing in fitness gadgets. So I ordered to buy this elliptical machine for my personal home use.