Last updated on August 24th, 2021
Are you weighing over 100 kgs and want to burn fat as well as make strong abs? If yes, you should check out this mid-range (under 40000), Afton FX-100 Elliptical Trainer, available online in India 2021.
I am reviewing this Afton Cross Trainer in this article. I have also compared its competitors available in India. But, first, read the key highlights of the machine.
Why Choose AFTON FX-100 Elliptical Trainer?
- It comes from a trusted brand
- One of the best elliptical cross trainers with a 10 kg flywheel
- Supports a huge weight of a maximum of 130 kgs.
- So, if you’re over 100 kg or up to 110 kg, you can do intense workouts easily.
- It is also very easy to use and people with less experience of fitness machines will also be comfortable operating it.
- The elliptical has the dual functionality of both a trainer and an exercise bike.
For the elliptical cross trainer buying guide, read:
Other elliptical cross trainer articles:
- 3 Best Elliptical Workouts for Beginners
- Elliptical Cross Trainer vs Exercise Bike
- Welcare Metal Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6044 Review: Best Rated Welcare Trainer
- Cockatoo CE03Advance Smart Series Elliptical Cross Trainer Review India
- Sole Elliptical Review & Comparison: Heavy-Duty Elliptical Trainers
- Xterra Fs 4.0e Detailed Review India & Comparison
- Aerofit Elliptical Cross Trainer Reviews, Price List & Comparison
About the Brand
Afton is an Indian fitness company founded in 1988. Since its inception, it has grown consistently and now offers nearly every service or equipment in the fitness industry.
The unique thing about Afton is that it produces its own products and collaborates with the world’s leading fitness brands and brings its products into the Indian market.
Customer service is well backed by trained professionals. You can just call their toll free number +91-8668099554 between 10 AM-on working day for installation assistance and after-sales service.
Price, Installation & Warranty
a) AFTON FX-100 Elliptical Trainer Price in India
Afton FX-100 costs around Rs. 38400 and boasts a rating of more than 4 stars on Amazon.
It comes with a 1-year standard warranty.
They provide installation assistance via voice/video call. Although they may be providing free installation at some locations but not very sure.
We recommend you kindly call their customer service number (+91-8668099554) for further clarifications and see if their free installation services are available at your location or not.
AFTON FX-100 Elliptical Trainer Features
It is built for people with wide and heavy stature. The seat is very wide and comfortable to sit on.
From the material to the shape of the seat, everything is built with the idea of function and yet comfortable at the same time.
You can also increase or decrease the height of the seat via the lever system.
The 10 Kg of impressive flywheel provides smoother workouts and noise-free operation.
It is a heavy-duty machine capable of performing under extreme pressure as well as in normal conditions.
The sheer power of the flywheel makes this trainer a must buy.
3. Stride length
The stride length is the distance travelled by your foot in one rotation of the flywheel.
Basically, it tells you how much you will stretch/contract your legs while exercising.
This model has a stride length of 14 inches which is considered enough (not very good) for even heavy workout sessions.
4. Magnetic resistance
Resistance is the force that is applied by the machine to hamper the free movement of your feet.
Greater the resistance, the greater the amount of exercise!
In this elliptical trainer, you can choose between 8 different levels of resistance, ranging from casual cycling to extreme.
5. Hand pulse sensor
Heart and calorie monitors are placed at grab rails so that they can always be tracked when you are exercising.
Heart rate monitor is very important these days for exercise, especially for those people who suffer from some ailments.
It lets you keep constant track of your vitals.
6. Supported weight
It can cater to people with over 120 kgs for basic workouts and with 110 kgs for intense workouts.
This model is built with a max weight capacity of 130 kgs.
Obviously, people suffering from chronic obesity won’t be able to use it because of their body structure. But if you can use it without falling over, then this machine will support you (resource).
7. Portability & design
It is a smart-looking trainer with a white and black design with long sturdy grab rails, giving you a good amount of confidence while exercising.
It is not a bulky machine although it is built very sturdily which means it is quite compact and can be easily put in a corner without having to think about it consuming too much space.
It has an LCD screen with big and bold letters and an easy to read layout.
The screen displays speed, calories count, distance, RPM, heart rate, body fat, calendar, clock etc.
9. Other features
- The design of this model feels quite modern and refreshing while the materials used are sturdy enough for heavy-duty usage.
- Its foot pedals are large and textured for added grip.
Trying to lose weight? These articles would be of help:
- How to Lose Weight Naturally
- 13 Ways to Detox Your Body to Lose Weight
- 100 Healthy Habits Helping to Make You Lose Weight
- Make You Metabolism Strong with Yoga
Compare AFTON FX-100 Elliptical Trainer
1. AFTON FX-100 Elliptical Trainer vs Reach Evolve
Reach evolve is a very good machine in its own right but it pales in a few features if we compare it with this model.
Evolve features 2 in 1 combo of Elliptical bike + stepper with no seat provision. Most of the users prefer these kinds of machines with a seat so they can take a break between intensive workouts sessions or just casually cycle.
Also, Reach evolve has a flywheel size of only 8 kgs as compared to the 10 kgs in Afton.
But, Reach evolve is a bit cheaper than Afton FX-100 with less powerful machinery.
Check out Reach Evolve Elliptical Climber Cross Trainer + Stepper:
2. AFTON FX-100 vs WELCARE metal Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6020
Welcare WC6020 also boasts a flywheel of 10 kgs.
In terms of performance, they both are somewhat equally matched but the major difference lies in maximum weight capacity where WC6020 can only withstand the weight of up to 110 kgs whereas Afton FX-100 can easily go upwards of 130 kgs mark.
Also, the Afton FX-100 with its white and black design looks more stylish and refreshing whereas WC6020 comes in a grey shade only colour scheme.
Check out WELCARE metal Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6020:
3. Afton Cross Trainer vs Xterra FS3.5 steel elliptical cross trainer
Xterra FS3.5 is definitely a better elliptical trainer than the Afton FX-100. Apart from its flywheel size, everything is bigger in the Xterra FS3.5 but so does its price which is around Rs. 52,900.
For this price range, you will get a stride length of 17 inches, 24 levels of resistance control, 24 programs, colourful display with speakers.
But if you want a moderate elliptical trainer with a powerful flywheel and sturdy build quality, then go for Afton FX-100.
Check out Xterra FS3.5 steel elliptical cross trainer:
- This is one of the best models out there in the market with a max weight capacity of 130 Kgs.
- Mainly because of its superb build quality and comfortable quotient.
- Also, the customer service and network of Afton gives its products an extra edge over its competitors.
- The whole ergonomics of the model with the fine finish of the material used gives it a premium feel.
- The flywheel size of 10 kgs is a bit too much in this model. It’s not bad or anything like that but it is just going over the top with extra power which costs you additional bucks.
- A smaller flywheel size of maybe 8 kgs could also do the job for it.
- Also, the flywheel size problem makes it a bit heavy overall
- And its extreme modes become too extreme for most of its users.
- 2-3 more inches of stride length would have made it a near-perfect model.
Check out AFTON FX-100 Elliptical Trainer here:
Planning to set up your home gym? The suggested reads are here:
- An Ultimate Guide to Buying the Home Gym Equipment
- Multi Gym Machine for Home in India
- Best Exercise Cycle for Weight Loss in India
- At-Home Workouts for Beginners
- Best Treadmill for Home Use in India (An Ultimate Guide)