Last updated on May 4th, 2020
Leading a hectic life? When it was the last time, you did something not for the sake of the family, not for the sake of your work or but just for yourself? When did you take a leave from yourself and your boring daily routine? And when it was the last time you did give time to yourself, planned a self-care routine, and had self-talk sessions?
Most probably, your answer would be something like that: “Actually, it was a busy month. Or you were focusing more on your future this time and so on.” If you look at yourself carefully, it will always be like that.
You are never going to get time for yourself. You have to make it happen and put efforts to give time to yourself which we call ‘me time’.
Why is it important to make/give time for yourself
#1. To regain self-confidence
When you don’t give time to yourself, your mundane life starts to deplete the energy you need for daily work. A lack of energy ruins your mood and a bad mood ruins your productivity. It leads to a lack of self-confidence. Giving time to yourself can help boost your confidence.
#2. To nourish your self-esteem
You might be lacking in self-esteem. If you give time to yourself, you realize your importance and feel more confident. This confidence helps build your self-esteem.
#3. To have positive self-talk sessions
Positive self-talk episodes help you stable your mind and thus make better decisions in life. When you are disturbed, you should talk to yourself. It clears your mind which is filled with negative energy. It’s possible when you give time to yourself out of your daily schedule.
How to give time to yourself
- Studies found going outdoors nourishes your body and mind.
- Get close to nature. Listen to the chirping of words. It is good for your mental health and you get close to nature which purifies your soul.
- Make yourself food of different cuisine. Add variety to your diet. Try differently coloured vegetables filling to your toast instead of a regular one. It will change your mood.
- Try not to do things perfectly. Accept the imperfections.
- Don’t feel guilty if you get up late someday.
- Exercise and dance.
- Forget your routine work and enjoy lazy mornings and evenings.
- Don’t cook and order your favourite food.
- Visit the temple. Studies say temple bells cast a very good effect on your body, mind, and souls. Ringing bells awaken your Chakras.
- Walk on the wet green grass.
- Awaken the hidden child within you.
- Go to the market and purchase bubble making box. Bubbles are whimsical, playful and nostalgic. You probably don’t know, bubbles are good for your mental health.
- Feed birds: it will not only work controlling the insect but will give you inner peace too.
- Smell roses.
- And try countless activities which make you happier.
When it comes to mental health, India is far behind. According to the WHO study (World Health Organisation), 20% of Indians suffer depression in their lifetime, only 10% seek professional help.
Give time to yourself and you will be amazed to know how this simple activity healed you and brought new energy to your body, mind, and soul. Giving time to yourself is good for your mental health. It boosts productivity and you get time to explore yourself.
These articles may help you in this regard:
- How To Improve Yourself Every Day And Why You Should
- 30 Quick Stress Buster Activities (Awaken Your Inner Child)
- 7 Best Yoga Poses to Improve Mental Health
- How not to Lose Your Peace of Mind
If you liked the article, share it with someone you care and help them stay healthy and in shape! Also, join me on Quora for more physical and emotional fitness related posts!